Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giant L, Again, to the Giants. Did I say Again, yet? Again.

KDawg

35 minutes ago, max21 said:

went with a solid group and had fun overall but to no surprise was tons of Giants fans. The game day experience just sucks with the parking, traffic etc.

I haven’t been to the stadium since 2017, and I was actually impressed with the improvements to the gameday experience.  The vibe was that of a fanbase for a team that doesn’t stink on ice.  Sure, most of it is just lipstick on the Raljon pig but it’s definitely a better atmosphere.

However, the delay in replays on the big screens is outrageous.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Not that I in any way want to defend Snyder's pathetic ass, but he had tried every other way at that point. And he was ready to have a guy where he could slink off into the shadows imo. 

No, he hadn't. He never tried to find a smart football man to run the organization and get out of his way. Which is the one thing that would have worked. 

That whole "I tired everything" line was exactly the  doltish level of thinking that Snyder was so good at. His thinking is "I tried a retread, an assiatant, a college coach... so I tired everything." You probably could have convinced him it would be better to hire someone from the local golf club rather than hiring a reincarnated Vince Lombardi because, you know, he already tried a HOF coach, but he had never tried a CPA. 

I really pity anyone who buys this level of thinking. I guess people would turn down Scarlett Johansson and Margot Robbie because "well, I already tried dating a blonde and that didn't work out...."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

No, he hadn't. He never tried to find a smart football man to run the organization and get out of his way. Which is the one thing that would have worked. 

That whole "I tired everything" line was exactly the  doltish level of thinking that Snyder was so good at. His thinking is "I tried a retread, an assiatant, a college coach... so I tired everything." You probably could have convinced him it would be better to hire someone from the local golf club rather than hiring a reincarnated Vince Lombardi because, you know, he already tried a HOF coach, but he had never tried a CPA. 

I really pity anyone who buys this level of thinking. I guess people would turn down Scarlett Johansson and Margot Robbie because "well, I already tried dating a blonde and that didn't work out...."

Yeah thats fair. He tried the GM thing with Allen. But he wasnt exactly special in Tampa before here either. And he wanted to meddle regardless. 

We already know the Defensive coaching sucks. But our Offensive coaching is a problem.

The only WR who ever does anything on the scramble drill is the veteran journeyman Pringle who learned it elsewhere. They showed some full field shots of Howell scrambling and all the receiving options basically gave up and stopped moving. No showing for the ball, no finding soft spots, no deep come short and short goes deep like normal. Just a universal "well our routes are dead I guess we'll do nothing then".

When all of them do it? That's offensive coaching not caring.

Dyami needs to be gone. He's besties with Howell, and Howell keeps trying to feed him but Dyami sucks too much to do anything. He can't win deep, yet he's thrown vertical balls constantly. Howell should be throwing that to other guys.

I'm giving Terry a pass this season cause Turf Toe robs a lot of what you can do, but our WR group as a whole is bad. For a team trying to develop a young QB, our WR group is hurting that development.

I can't decide if OL or WR is a bigger issue, which is just an awful state of things for a team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

I made the joke in the Game Day thread but I'll make it here too.  After a decade of Tony Romo, no one should be surprised when a random undrafted Italian QB pops up for our opponents and does well against us.

Would be even funnier if Romo was Italian and not Mexican. 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

We already know the Defensive coaching sucks. But our Offensive coaching is a problem.

The only WR who ever does anything on the scramble drill is the veteran journeyman Pringle who learned it elsewhere. They showed some full field shots of Howell scrambling and all the receiving options basically gave up and stopped moving. No showing for the ball, no finding soft spots, no deep come short and short goes deep like normal. Just a universal "well our routes are dead I guess we'll do nothing then".

When all of them do it? That's offensive coaching not caring.

Dyami needs to be gone. He's besties with Howell, and Howell keeps trying to feed him but Dyami sucks too much to do anything. He can't win deep, yet he's thrown vertical balls constantly. Howell should be throwing that to other guys.

I'm giving Terry a pass this season cause Turf Toe robs a lot of what you can do, but our WR group as a whole is bad. For a team trying to develop a young QB, our WR group is hurting that development.

I can't decide if OL or WR is a bigger issue, which is just an awful state of things for a team.

Good point. OL is obvious, but WR is a big need as well. As much as I like Scary Terry, I am not sure we have a true number 1 receiver

25 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I think that the post-Snyder euphoria is starting lose it's appeal for the average stadium going fan.

I actually think this has something to do with it.  For me, at least.

First of all, I missed the first few games of the season, there was just stuff on the calendar that got in the way.  Contrary to what I thought before, the world didn't end if I missed a Skins game.  And I actually found myself not missing watching this team.  The results were what they were for the past 25 years or so...predictable.  Just like they were today.

Even though the team has been sold and Snyder has vanished like a fart in the wind, I have a hard time caring like I did.  I'm not sure what that boils down to, but it's hard to explain so I'll try here.

In previous years, the team has sucked and has been mediocre at best, and we all differed on thoughts about this team...who the quarterback should be, who we should draft, personnel moves, etc.  But the one thing we could ALL agree on (both on here and on talk radio, in real life around the water cooler at work, whatever) was..."man, **** Dan Snyder."  It was hard to find a defender of his anywhere.  

And so for watching the team in previous seasons and rage hating against how bad everything was, it was also rage hating against Dan Snyder, something we could all get behind.  You could, like, point at everything that was wrong and trace it back to him, no matter how accurate or how absurd it was.  And no one would really bother to argue it.  Things like the firing of Marty Schottenheimer, the hiring of Spurrier, Shanahan, Ron, meddling in the draft, meddling in free agency, all of those things were things he was responsible for, directly.  He was directly responsible for how ****ty Fed Ex was, he was responsible for the ****ty culture that surrounded the team that partially led to his undoing and a bunch of other things.  But if you wanted to blame him for how ****ty the hot dogs were at Fed Ex or whatever else, sure, blame him for that, too.  No one cared, even if the complaint didn't make sense....Dan Snyder was the source of any and all problems.

And that's all gone now.  We can't sit here after a game like today and be all "...fix the line and **** DAN SNYDER."  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Giants are just better all around. Better o-line, linebackers, secondary, tight ends, running back, receivers tend to get open more than ours. They've suffered this season with horrible QB play (except against us).  They are a QB and WR away from being very good.  They will take either Williams, Maye, or Nix.  

We have a long ways to go.  This team needs a complete rebuild starting with o-line and linebackers.  Everything is on the table.  I'm a big Howell fan, but I seriously mean everything. 

Edited by Daniel.redskins

I’m all out on Bienemy after today.  It’s not his fault that his guys don’t take care of the football, but…

The 3 plays at the 5, where we had to settle for a FG, were just criminal.  1st down run with Gore, take out all key offensive players on 2nd down, and then insert them back in for 3rd down and stack them all up on one side and go the other way to no man’s land.  

The 2nd and 10 delayed runs were responsible for the 3rd and forevers that resulted in picks.  What is it with this man and the 2nd and 10 delayed runs? 

The deep shot to Logan- why man, why?

I’m sure there are more, that’s just off the top of my head but that’s more than enough self sabotage.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4

You can't fault the defense for the performance today. Six turnovers is absolutely ridiculous, and I'm shocked they didn't give up more points.

Again this is a situation where the Giants Martindale is better than EB. This team has been brutal about putting the ball on the ground, particularly the running backs. Just too many instances of giving the opposing team a short field.

I thought the front 6/7 played one of their better games. Both Allen and Payne were collapsing the pocket, KJ Henry looks to be contributing, and Jamin working downhill was great to see.

55 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I quit on Dyami early in the season. He caught the TD last week and that was the only play he made for Howell all season. If the ball isn’t perfect, he’s not going to compete for it. 

9 sacks and decent run/pass balance and, they STILL lose by 12. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 1

Certainly some undisciplined football today which to me falls on coaching and preparation. 

I totally understand the emotions of "burn it down" in the moment, but that won't resolve much other than make some of us feel better temporarily.

I get it, we want the coaches to feel the same pain most fans feel after games like this.

But riddle me this, Rivera gets fired, walks off into the sunset with a severance package that would set most people in here up for life... did he really feel the same type of pain that we feel walking into work tomorrow morning feeling like we are responsible to explain why the team sucks?

There are plenty of things to be hopeful about.

Brian Robinson showed some wiggle and speed today that I hadn't seen since his college days. Im a big fan of that guy and hope he sticks around here long term.

KJ Henry flashed.

Forbes made a few nice plays.

It's painfully obvious this team needs fresh leadership, a new defensive scheme, and some new pieces on defense through free agency and the draft. Not to mention a complete overhaul of the offensive line.

I maintain hope that it's all going to work out in the end. 

Not sure how I feel about Eric Bieniemy. I kinda like the offensive scheme and he showed today that he was willing to run the ball more which seemed like the right script against the Giants.  Granted we still dropped back to throw 50 times, but that was less about the game plan and more about the game flow. 

All that said, **** the giants. Hate that my favorite team always lays an egg against them.  It's starting to feel like Mara made a deal with the devil because this stupid giants team just owns us every time.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m all out on Bienemy after today.  It’s not his fault that his guys don’t take care of the football, but…

The 3 plays at the 5, where we had to settle for a FG, were just criminal.  1st down run with Gore, take out all key offensive players on 2nd down, and then insert them back in for 3rd down and stack them all up on one side and go the other way to no man’s land.  

The 2nd and 10 delayed runs were responsible for the 3rd and forevers that resulted in picks.  What is it with this man and the 2nd and 10 delayed runs? 

The deep shot to Logan- why man, why?

I’m sure there are more, that’s just off the top of my head but that’s more than enough self sabotage.

Bienemy is being accredited for success the same way Belichick was; their QB play.

Without Brady Belichick is just average, and Bienemy without Mahomes is just average.  I'd even say at times his play calling was predictable by defenses, and seeing 2 WRs running within 5 yds of each other, alot, tells me either the WRs are not understanding where they're supposed to be or Bienemy isn't recognizing that he's shrinking the field for defenses.

Either way it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see him shipped off with the other 2 clown coaches, and the sooner the better.

• Like 1

That was the most pathetic performance I've seen in a while. The fact that I picked the Commanders in my survivor pool makes me all the more bitter.

Turnovers....I don't know what to say. How can the players be so careless? It's hard for me to put that on the coaches, put then again you gotta stress taking care of the ball. Pringle, Thomas, Rodriguez- you should be ashamed of yourself. That was pathetic.

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont know. Allen and Payne are blue chippers IMO. And we probably have the answer at QB too. Is Devito the answer for them? Probably not. But that giy got frikin pummelled today and just kept dropping dimes. Close rebuilds IMO. And we have better receivers than them.

We don’t have a single year in year out All Pro guy on the roster. Terry, Allen and Payne are our only year in year out fringe Pro Bowl guys. 

You need dudes at QB, LT, WR, Edge/pass rusher, and CB.

Terry is a dude. He’s not a game changer or game plan wrecker but he’s a very dependable and consistent WR and a glue guy. 

Sam as shown enough he should get another year on a rookie deal to show he can lock down the QB spot. Still has to show he can continue to improve.

Payne and Allen are Pro Bowl type guys - but not edge guys who can wreck an offensive game plan. 

We lack dudes at LT, edge and CB. And working showers apparently (which is beyond pathetic).

• Like 1

That Rodriguez fumble was just the dagger. We were moving the ball really well at that point. Some big chunk runs. Had the ball in FG territory, ready to take the lead. by at least 1. I feel totally confident that if we score there, especially a TD, we win that game. The pathetic fumble just utterly destroyed the team's spirit, and the defense, as expected, gave up a gut-punch TD. 

As for the game day experience, it's just horrendous. I see very few if any positive changes to what I've seen over the last couple decades. What's so maddening are the little "commercials" they do in-stadium, talking to fans in the stands or someone else. And this happens at the WORST possible time, when the last thing you want to see on a screen is some stupid, useless fan interview with a phony "anchorette" who you can't even HEAR because the PA system is so incredibly horrendous. 

I was up in the 400 level, and you could not make out ANYTHING through that PA. The Theismann moment? Nothing. The Riggins moment? Nothing. Sounded like the teachers/adults on Charlie Brown. 

One good thing happened at the stadium, though. One awesome lady working at Smash Burger. I took my two kids there to get something to eat. We were in a hurry because the abysmal Metro took FOREVER, followed by having to walk a mile to the stadium. Anyway, we wanted to get to our seats, so we went to the first spot that we could all agree on. We ordered two cheesburgers with fries, one chicken sandwich with fries and three drinks. The total? OVER ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!! I couldn't believe it. My kids had been so polite to the lady working there. Maybe that helped. Because when I expressed my disbelief to the kids, she said, "hold on a second" and literally gave me a $48 discount. Still INSANE, but, that was pretty cool. No idea why she did it, but didn't get a chance to really say thanks the way I wanted to. 

Other than that, the stadium is a garbage scowl that contributes literally NOTHING to the gameday excitement/experience. Nothing. 

Oh, also, before I forget, **** this team. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1