Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giant L, Again, to the Giants. Did I say Again, yet? Again.

KDawg

4 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Good.

After 9 punts, 4 total fumbles, 3 INT's, and 13 combined sacks given up, neither of these moist garbage teams deserve a shower.

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Extra cruel for Curtis Samuel.

It's nice to know we still know how to lose a little extra during a loss.

• Haha 6

46 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Damn that sucks to hear,  hopefully it's due to poor coaching and gameplan 

He wasn’t that bad. He did take on the entire giants secondary running for the end zone and won.

His first int was a 3rd and 10 shot downfield as the line broke down and the receiver fell down. Short punt

2nd int at end of game with 30 secs left. He needed protection for receivers to get downfield and didn’t get it. Think his arm was hit but not sure.

other than that it was fumbles on good drives from Logan and the RBs that really did us in

Edited by dunfer
  • Like 2

Im not really mad because let’s look at the positives .

- Chris Paul/ KJ Henry / Martin all will be starters imo next year . Henry is clearly our best DE and has a lot of potential . 

- New regime next year for coaching ,FO,VP

- Higher draft picks = better prospects and trade options 

- new stadium/ rebrand name within a few years hopefully 

negatives :

- Terry /allen/curl are overrated and I’m sorry to say it if anyone needs an explanation I can just tell you . 

- Sam Howell has problems against the giants . 

-Our tackles suck

- the Rumors of BB coming here via trade ???????? 

- Got a feeling we won’t fire Ron …. Till season over 

Meh. Whatever. Losing was the best thing for the future of this franchise Sam made some horrible throws and decisions. He also threw some beautiful dimes. What you would expect from a young QB. Is he the answer? Pretty sire but not positive. But I do think that every top QB in this upcoming draft is about the same as him. If the new GM wants his guy I am fine with it. Sam will have some valid trade value if so. We need SO MANY pieces on this team. It is a clownshow that 4 years into Rivera's term this roster is this bad. Proper rebuild is coming. Time to embrace the tank. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

This game confirmed to me two things:

1. This organisation shouldn’t be married to Sam Howell

2. Everyone, and I do mean every single player we have should be available for the right price

Right on. Everyone is available for the right price.  If we are drafting around 8,9,10,11; Sam probably goes in as starter but new coach probably drafts someone in Rounds 2,3,4 to compete for the job.  If the  Commies have a Top 5 pick and are in position to draft a QB; think they will draft a QB.

• Thumb down 1

The only positive about this game is draft position.  Losing Devito and the Giants is just so fitting with this regime.  Trash can juice each time they faced the Giants.  Firing Rivera should be appropriate move, but Harris might wait until after the bye week.  This team has QUIT and it's going to be even worse against a better team in Dal@ss on Thanksgiving

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

My sincere condolences to you Sir.  

I went with a solid group and had fun overall but to no surprise was tons of Giants fans. The game day experience just sucks with the parking, traffic etc. I’m envious of ravens fans that have a legit fanbase that shows out for game day, would probably make it much better. I’d rather just watch the game at home, first game for me since 2019 

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

At this point, I'm ambivalent about Sam. If he's our guy next year, awesome. If not, okay. But whatever happens, don't let it stand in the way of rebuilding the O-Line from scratch.

I just want the entire organization on the same page. If Howell is our guy then EVERYONE needs to be on board with it. If not, then everyone needs to be on board with that too.

No more forcing players onto coaching staffs and/or FOs.

• Like 2

Just now, max21 said:

I went with a solid group and had fun overall but to no surprise was tons of Giants fans. The game day experience just sucks with the parking, traffic etc. I’m envious of ravens fans that have a legit fanbase that shows out for game day, would probably make it much better. I’d rather just watch the game at home, first game for me since 2019 

As a Marylander, I swear sometimes I’m not convinced the NFL doesn’t want to move this team and turn the entire state over to Baltimore.  For nearly 30 years the Ravens have been everything this franchise once was. They have been so much better in all facets it’s almost comical at this point.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Remember when Lord Farquaad said he had planned to hire a GM, but then decided the most successful teams were "coach-centric" as his excuse for repeating his usual pattern of handing over full personnel control to Rivera. This game is the perfect example of why that seldom works and why the disaster of the previous regime lied in its utter refusal to hire a qualified GM.

Thibodeaux is better than our waste of a #2 overall Chase Young ever was for us, and we passed on 2 franchise QBs to take him, despite already having 3 first rounders invested in the DL.

More inexcusably, Christian Darrisaw, whom PFF has rated as the top OT this year, was passed over for Jamin Davis. Davis is good, but not great. Darrisaw is elite at a more crucial position - one for which our deficiency was brutally exposed today. JOK, who went in the 2nd just after Cosmi, is probably as good as Davis.

There are certainly some bright spots like B Robinson and Howell, but the overall roster is poor, even after 4 years. Most of the draft has been spent on defense, and yet a rookie scrub QB just put up a 130 QBR against us.

Bienemy called a well-balanced game today - you can't blame him for RBs fumbling the ball. His one egregious blunder was waiting until late in the game to add in a TE to help block Thibodeaux - something he should have anticipated given how badly Thibodeaux abused our OL the last game.

Don't know if it really needs to be rehashed how moronic the Snyder regime was, but the "coach centric" thing, which I think some people bought into, was another perfect example of how ludicrously inept the man was and how shallow his thinking. Just let me vent one more time about the stupidity of this particular line of thought. 

When he said that the best teams were "coach centric," he was clearly talking about New England, KC, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore. Teams with coaches who were the face of the franchise, had a ton of long-term success with the head coach being the guy at the seeming top of their personal organizational pyramids. 

In the case of Belichick, no doubt this is true. He led that FO from the moment he took over the team and built it to a dynasty. He's a unicorn (or at least he was). If you can find another BB, go ahead, tuen everything over to him, no argument.

If you think Ron Rivera is that person, please find your dunce cap and report to the rubber room.

As for the others. they are in organizations with world class front offices. Now, if there is a power struggle behind the scenes in one of those places, the coach probably wins. Probably But the point is, there aren't power struggles and almost surely never will be in those places. Those coaches work with their GMs. Those GMs pick the players, absolutely while in contact and consultation with the coach (this is beyond a no-brainer for any chance at success). The coaches may be the more powerful figures inside those buildings, but they have people whose jobs it is to pick the players, and the coaches let them and they all prosper from having great people do their jobs well in concert with each other. That is the formula for winning football. 

If you looked at those examples of success and the conclusion you reached was "Well, obviously hire a coach and let him be in charge of everything," the you are truly a colossal moron who has no idea how to put together a successful operation. But this is Snyder we are talking about. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

As a Marylander, I swear sometimes I’m not convinced the NFL doesn’t want to move this team and turn the entire state over to Baltimore.  For nearly 30 years the Ravens have been everything this franchise once was. They have been so much better in all facets it’s almost comical at this point.  

Yeah, not to get sentimental and corny but just watching the Ravens game Thursday and hearing their chants and fans I actually was somewhat embarrassed as a fan that we will never have that. Like what are we doing here 

13 minutes ago, method man said:

As bad as the Giants will finish this season, they still have 4 blue chip players in Thomas, Barkley, Lawrence and Thibodeaux. They are also going to be in a better position than we are to add another blue chip guy. We arguably have zero of these guys 

I dont know. Allen and Payne are blue chippers IMO. And we probably have the answer at QB too. Is Devito the answer for them? Probably not. But that giy got frikin pummelled today and just kept dropping dimes. Close rebuilds IMO. And we have better receivers than them.