Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giant L, Again, to the Giants. Did I say Again, yet? Again.

KDawg

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't mind guys celebrating. Bellicheck actually has a good clip where he lashes out at his players for NOT celebrating, the idea being that when guys celebrate, they play with passion and energy and play much better. As long as you're not picking up stupid penalties I'm good with it.

I like celebrating when appropriate.

I hate it when the team is done 21 and a safety makes a big hit on a guy after a 30 yard play and celebrates it. 

I can't believe Bill Scrooge is actually in favor of celebrating. 

• Like 2

That one poorly timed celly is the only cookie the DB gets for a week.

Our defense is getting gashed. If they had celly worthy plays more than once a week, maybe they would get it out of their systems.  You can count the number of plays our 2 studs duds we drafted on D have made, on 2 hands.

I can't remember who it was but a Skin once ran up to one of those damn celly fools, tapped him on the shoulder and pointed at the scoreboard. Oh. Who was that??

Edited by RandyHolt

12 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I loathe the celebrations.  I’d accept them though if they didn’t suck.  I also can’t stand the whole defense posing in the end zone after turnovers, but clearly that’s only an issue I have with our opposition.

Same.   

I remember, back in the day, when we were beating the **** out of the Cardinals, and one of did some ass-hat celebration for making a first down.  One of our LB's...it was Monte Coleman, (I think...I'm old!), tapped him on the shoulder and pointed to the scoreboard....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

My trifecta is when we're down by like 30 points, dude gets burnt and is wide open, dude drops a perfect pass.

And then we celebrate like we did something.

That is definitely my favorite.

I would hope he is celebrating the dropped pass and not the fact he had any type of coverage on the play. 

It seemed to me that the whole team was out of whack on Sunday.....nothing we were doing was working. All three facts of the team were screwed up. Any time we had a positive play it ended up negative with a turnover.....weird. 

Yes, they got blown out by Danny DeVito. Yes, the coaches are as inspirational as a "just do it" poster in a corporate HR office. Yes, the front office took 4 years to carefully assemble this merry band of individuals who happen to wear the same Steelers uniforms. And yes, the home games have been humiliating to the owners, the fans, and everyone related to the teams.

But did the multi-millionaires getting paid more money than I'll have in a lifetime look sad enough when it happened? THAT is what needs to be dealt with this week.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

But did the multi-millionaires getting paid more money than I'll have in a lifetime look sad enough when it happened? THAT is what needs to be dealt with this week.

Quoted in bold and underlined for extra emphasis.  Are they as upset as I am?  As we are?  Really the only thing that matters now.

What are they going to do about it?  Definitely time for a hard reboot.

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't mind guys celebrating. Bellicheck actually has a good clip where he lashes out at his players for NOT celebrating, the idea being that when guys celebrate, they play with passion and energy and play much better. As long as you're not picking up stupid penalties I'm good with it.

I have no problem with  standard celebrating plays that are worthy of celebrating.

When a receiver has you by five yards and the QB overthrows a pass, that is where you should simply feel lucky that happened and humbly move on.

The turnover celebrations also get way excessive.  Seattle celebrating Sam’s fumble went on for an eternity.  There is no need for the entire defense to perform a choreographed hype video and photo shoot over recovering a fumble.

I just find it hypocritical that the league who fined the hell out of receivers for their TD dances back in the day, now allows what should equate to a delay of game to go uncalled for these defensive celebrations.

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 11:02 AM, Warhead36 said:

That's fair. But if that's your mindset that we'll never be good, why even bother following the team?

It was sort of a joke but to answer your question: When you've been at something for 52 years (and was once glorious for more than a decade) it's not easy to drop it and walk off into the sunset. I love football and I have a team that plays in my proverbial backyard. Many MANY times I wanted to burn my gear and wipe my hands of this annual epic fail ... but with each new training camp I turn chump again. 

When the Ravens came to Baltimore I could have jumped ship like a TON of local turds have done but that's just not in my DNA. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The turnover celebrations also get way excessive.  Seattle celebrating Sam’s fumble went on for an eternity.  There is no need for the entire defense to perform a choreographed hype video and photo shoot over recovering a fumble.

Those excessive end zone celly's on the road seem ripe for.... peace and love from all fans nationwide /s

what_is_thiss.0.gif.d7b9b0bd085edf00cca34cfe6e8257fb.gif

Edited by RandyHolt

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have no problem with  standard celebrating plays that are worthy of celebrating.

When a receiver has you by five yards and the QB overthrows a pass, that is where you should simply feel lucky that happened and humbly move on.

I just find it hypocritical that the league who fined the hell out of receivers for their TD dances back in the day, now allows what should equate to a delay of game to go uncalled for these defensive celebrations.

They got sick of being called “The No Fun League” for a decade lol 

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I cannot agree more!

Those choregraphed celebrations are cringeworthy.   Act like you've been there before.

Those players should watch how John Riggins celebrated after ripping a 43 yd TD in a Super XVII with the game on the line.

Toss the ball to the official and jog to the sideline.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I did not notice it during the game, but somebody totally yeeted a beer can at Isiah Simmons on his pick-6.

It had the distance but missed by two feet or so.

We were a fan with a little bit more arm talent away from having something Fed-Ex related to talk about outside of cold showers.

thr.jpg.f6eccb698cf0b135e6c1f17043470874.jpg

It would have been poetic if it was a can of Heineken.

On 11/21/2023 at 5:09 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

I cannot agree more!

Those choregraphed celebrations are cringeworthy.   Act like you've been there before.

Those players should watch how John Riggins celebrated after ripping a 43 yd TD in a Super XVII with the game on the line.

Toss the ball to the official and jog to the sideline.

Ok grampa. :P 

I really liked the fun bunch and the bob and weave the greatest show on turf Rams did.

• Like 1