Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giant L, Again, to the Giants. Did I say Again, yet? Again.

KDawg

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

That Rodriguez fumble was just the dagger. We were moving the ball really well at that point. Some big chunk runs. Had the ball in FG territory, ready to take the lead. by at least 1. I feel totally confident that if we score there, especially a TD, we win that game. The pathetic fumble just utterly destroyed the team's spirit, and the defense, as expected, gave up a gut-punch TD. 

As for the game day experience, it's just horrendous. I see very few if any positive changes to what I've seen over the last couple decades. What's so maddening are the little "commercials" they do in-stadium, talking to fans in the stands or someone else. And this happens at the WORST possible time, when the last thing you want to see on a screen is some stupid, useless fan interview with a phony "anchorette" who you can't even HEAR because the PA system is so incredibly horrendous. 

I was up in the 400 level, and you could not make out ANYTHING through that PA. The Theismann moment? Nothing. The Riggins moment? Nothing. Sounded like the teachers/adults on Charlie Brown. 

One good thing happened at the stadium, though. One awesome lady working at Smash Burger. I took my two kids there to get something to eat. We were in a hurry because the abysmal Metro took FOREVER, followed by having to walk a mile to the stadium. Anyway, we wanted to get to our seats, so we went to the first spot that we could all agree on. We ordered two cheesburgers with fries, one chicken sandwich with fries and three drinks. The total? OVER ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!! I couldn't believe it. My kids had been so polite to the lady working there. Maybe that helped. Because when I expressed my disbelief to the kids, she said, "hold on a second" and literally gave me a $48 discount. Still INSANE, but, that was pretty cool. No idea why she did it, but didn't get a chance to really say thanks the way I wanted to. 

Other than that, the stadium is a garbage scowl that contributes literally NOTHING to the gameday excitement/experience. Nothing. 

Oh, also, before I forget, **** this team. 

The over $100 thing - that’s zero surprise. I got a cheeseburger and small fries with a lemonade from a regular 5 Guys a couple of weeks ago - that was $33. Add on an in stadium premium and it sounds like you got a bargain!!

• Like 1

In a lost season, losing this game to the Giants might be viewed as a good thing. And let's just acknowledge that Washington lost the turnover battle 6-0 and still had a chance to win the game in the last minute. That really shouldn't happen when you turnover the ball that much. Which actually means a lot of the team played pretty well overall, but there were some really bad negative plays mixed in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

As for the game day experience, it's just horrendous. I see very few if any positive changes to what I've seen over the last couple decades. What's so maddening are the little "commercials" they do in-stadium, talking to fans in the stands or someone else. And this happens at the WORST possible time, when the last thing you want to see on a screen is some stupid, useless fan interview with a phony "anchorette" who you can't even HEAR because the PA system is so incredibly horrendous. 

I was up in the 400 level, and you could not make out ANYTHING through that PA. The Theismann moment? Nothing. The Riggins moment? Nothing. Sounded like the teachers/adults on Charlie Brown. 

One good thing happened at the stadium, though. One awesome lady working at Smash Burger. I took my two kids there to get something to eat. We were in a hurry because the abysmal Metro took FOREVER, followed by having to walk a mile to the stadium. Anyway, we wanted to get to our seats, so we went to the first spot that we could all agree on. We ordered two cheesburgers with fries, one chicken sandwich with fries and three drinks. The total? OVER ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!! I couldn't believe it. My kids had been so polite to the lady working there. Maybe that helped. Because when I expressed my disbelief to the kids, she said, "hold on a second" and literally gave me a $48 discount. Still INSANE, but, that was pretty cool. No idea why she did it, but didn't get a chance to really say thanks the way I wanted to. 

Other than that, the stadium is a garbage scowl that contributes literally NOTHING to the gameday excitement/experience. Nothing. 

Oh, also, before I forget, **** this team. 

The place looks A LOT better to me.  Better food/drink options.  Nice big screens.  Traffic flow is better.  The place feels alive again.  My only gripes were that they were wild late with showing replays on those nice new screens and the crowd stuff they were doing only works when the team isn’t getting their asses beat by an awful team. 

The discount is for Commanders Gold members, for which I believe is all season ticket holders.  My tix were transferred to me by an acquaintance on SeatGeek and we were able to use their Gold perks, and received 50% off at Guy Fieri’s place in there.  The lady who worked there likely just hooked you up because there doesn’t appear to be a real way to track it.  I just had to flash it and they applied the discount.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The place looks A LOT better to me.  Better food/drink options.  Nice big screens.  Traffic flow is better.  The place feels alive again.  My only gripes were that they were wild late with showing replays on those nice new screens and the crowd stuff they were doing only works when the team isn’t getting their asses beat by an awful team. 

The discount is for Commanders Gold members, for which I believe is all season ticket holders.  My tix were transferred to me by an acquaintance on SeatGeek and we were able to use their Gold perks, and received 50% off at Guy Fieri’s place in there.  The lady who worked there likely just hooked you up because there doesn’t appear to be a real way to track it.  I just had to flash it and they applied the discount.

I went to the Falcons game and Mercedes Benz >>>>>>> FedEx. Definitely want to go back next year 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, method man said:

I went to the Falcons game and Mercedes Benz >>>>>>> FedEx. Definitely want to go back next year 

Duh.

What’s been done at FedEx is lipstick on a pig with a little mascara.  My last time there was in 2017 and it looks and feels miles better since that time.  Still pales in comparison to any other modern stadium.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The over $100 thing - that’s zero surprise. I got a cheeseburger and small fries with a lemonade from a regular 5 Guys a couple of weeks ago - that was $33. Add on an in stadium premium and it sounds like you got a bargain!!

My trick with 5 Guys is go in, ask for a Diet Coke and sit and eat a meal’s worth of peanuts.

:P

btw, did you know Mark Moseley is responsible for the franchising of 5 Guys?

https://www.mashed.com/716916/the-surprising-tie-nfl-kicker-mark-moseley-has-to-five-guys/

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Duh.

What’s been done at FedEx is lipstick on a pig with a little mascara.  My last time there was in 2017 and it looks and feels miles better since that time.  Still pales in comparison to any other modern stadium.

Yeah, it probably is killing the HOG they have to dump money into that atrocity of a stadium when they just want to  build a new one.

Yet another present Dan left for us: a rotting, collapsing POS stadium because he wouldn’t pay for general maintenance.

HOG has to 20 years of fixing light switches and plumbing because dip**** couldn’t be bothered. 

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ah, thanks, I bet that's exactly what happened. I do not have season tix, so she must've just done me a solid. 

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, dunfer said:

He wasn’t that bad. He did take on the entire giants secondary running for the end zone and won.

His first int was a 3rd and 10 shot downfield as the line broke down and the receiver fell down. Short punt

2nd int at end of game with 30 secs left. He needed protection for receivers to get downfield and didn’t get it. Think his arm was hit but not sure.

other than that it was fumbles on good drives from Logan and the RBs that really did us in

He three picks he had werent indicative of how often he was trying to give it to the Giants.  Lest we forget the Giant DB that dropped an INT right in his chest.  

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

We don’t have a single year in year out All Pro guy on the roster. Terry, Allen and Payne are our only year in year out fringe Pro Bowl guys. 

You need dudes at QB, LT, WR, Edge/pass rusher, and CB.

Terry is a dude. He’s not a game changer or game plan wrecker but he’s a very dependable and consistent WR and a glue guy. 

Sam as shown enough he should get another year on a rookie deal to show he can lock down the QB spot. Still has to show he can continue to improve.

Payne and Allen are Pro Bowl type guys - but not edge guys who can wreck an offensive game plan. 

We lack dudes at LT, edge and CB. And working showers apparently (which is beyond pathetic).

I agree , especially about Terry he’s very overrated by the fan base. Good wideout but he’s no Desean Jackson/ garçon/ or even a Santana moss man . 

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

From my angle in the stadium, that one looked like the worst throw all day.  No idea how or why he let that one go.

I’ll let Howell slide today I do think that hit from that rushing TD did affect him. All and all he should be the guy next year and I’m pretty sure he’s going to get another new offense to learn .

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My trick with 5 Guys is go in, ask for a Diet Coke and sit and eat a meal’s worth of peanuts.

:P

I don’t go into a burger place often, but when I do one of the things that makes me smile is watching someone (and it’s almost always a woman) order a double cheeseburger, large fries, apple pie and a DIET coke. You’re only fooling yourself. 🙂

36 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

btw, did you know Mark Moseley is responsible for the franchising of 5 Guys?

I did not know that!

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

From my angle in the stadium, that one looked like the worst throw all day.  No idea how or why he let that one go.

He expected Terry to maintain position in front of the safety. Terry can’t let the safety cross his face on that ball, that would have been on the WR not the QB.

12 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I don’t go into a burger place often, but when I do one of the things that makes me smile is watching someone (and it’s almost always a woman) order a double cheeseburger, large fries, apple pie and a DIET coke. You’re only fooling yourself. 🙂

Diet Coke or Coke Zero isn't always a caloric choice, it's what your tastebuds get accustomed to.  Like if you drink Skim milk or 2% you will never drink whole milk again.  Regular coke to me is too damn sweet vs DC or CZ (don't need a lecture on artificial sweeteners) though I do enjoy one first thing on a weekend morning if I was drinking heavily the night before.  LOL

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

don’t go into a burger place often, but when I do one of the things that makes me smile is watching someone (and it’s almost always a woman) order a double cheeseburger, large fries, apple pie and a DIET coke. You’re only fooling yourself.

I order Diet Coke because I’ve thought coke classic tasted like thick sweet cough syrup for the better part of 30 years.

Diet Coke is just less thick and sweet to me.  I prefer it for taste and texture.

I HATE diet sprite. Always get regular sprite. 

Gingerale is brand dependent 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I order Diet Coke because I’ve thought coke classic tasted like thick sweet cough syrup for the better part of 30 years.

Diet Coke is just less thick and sweet to me.  I prefer it for taste and texture.

I HATE diet sprite. Always get regular sprite. 

Gingerale is brand dependent 

I don’t drink any of them - not a fan of fizzy drinks. Juice, still lemonade or iced tea for me.

I expected our D to suck. Guys run wide open every single week. I've said before, if they (whoever they are) decide to play us like every down is 3rd and long, we'll get 50's dropped on us. But the O this week? Oof. Did we have a pass over 10-12 yards? I didn't see anyone open, ever. Our line and receivers and play calls and routes and coaching and butter fingers and and and.. Total embarrassment. D line did pretty good, outside a few crucial 20-30 yard runs. lol Whole thing is just too much of a mess. Fire em' all, EB included. SMH. 

Absolutely pathetic, and 100% emblematic of these 4 years of coaching ineptitude. DeVito, man. DEVITO. He won't crack 100 yards the rest of the season. Some of you have mentioned it before, we're definitely the "get right game" for whatever ails your team. Pathetic.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

I expected our D to suck. Guys run wide open every single week. I've said before, if they (whoever they are) decide to play us like every down is 3rd and long, we'll get 50's dropped on us. But the O this week? Oof. Did we have a pass over 10-12 yards? I didn't see anyone open, ever. Our line and receivers and play calls and routes and coaching and butter fingers and and and.. Total embarrassment. D line did pretty good, outside a few crucial 20-30 yard runs. lol Whole thing is just too much of a mess. Fire em' all, EB included. SMH. 

Our WRs can't beat man coverage. Its been an issue ALL year and has been mentioned MANY times by guys like Cooley or Paulsen who do weekly film reviews.

This is not a good WR corps. Terry is a good but not great WR who is playing at a mediocre level because of his injury. Dotson is an average slot WR. The rest are bottom of the barrel. I never ever wanna see Dyami Brown be schemed a play ever again, he is complete trash.

Our offense is incredibly easy to stop. Just stack the box, blitz as many guys as you can, and play straight up 1 on 1 coverage and we'll never move the ball outside of Howell heroics. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

oQPEgQcV_x96.jpg

Giants WR Isaiah Hodgins on whether Commanders adjusted to NYG quick passing game: “Not really. Their main plan seemed to be that they wanted to play man and then let their D-line do what they do. They had some success with the sacks and stuff but playing man in the NFL for an entire game isn’t easy and we got guys who can make plays. So we started doing that and I didn’t really notice a counter. They stuck with their plan.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Our WRs can't beat man coverage. Its been an issue ALL year and has been mentioned MANY times by guys like Cooley or Paulsen who do weekly film reviews.

This is not a good WR corps. Terry is a good but not great WR who is playing at a mediocre level because of his injury. Dotson is an average slot WR. The rest are bottom of the barrel. I never ever wanna see Dyami Brown be schemed a play ever again, he is complete trash.

Our offense is incredibly easy to stop. Just stack the box, blitz as many guys as you can, and play straight up 1 on 1 coverage and we'll never move the ball outside of Howell heroics. 

They need a WR who is taller than 6'2. McLaurin is a good WR, not great but good, but with a taller WR who has long arms and/or long strides it would compliment him alot. If not that then get a guy who can flat out run. The current group have no clue how to juke anyone, they start out at full speed then have to slow to make the cut, and coverage is right there with them, and it seems that their route running is getting predictable.

They should have 2 groups of WRs, rotate them in and out, mix them up, always send one of them on a straight line to the goal line to draw off the safety and tire them out in the process.