Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giant L, Again, to the Giants. Did I say Again, yet? Again.

KDawg

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Which young players on defense are going to be on this team in 2 years?  Forbes?  Martin?  Butler?  Maybe?  Probably not.  The cupboard is incredibly bare.  Ron keeps saying "young team.  It's not.  It has one young starter right now.  Especially on defense.  I don't know who we'd be poisoning.  

They picked the wrong players and they are poorly coaching the wrong players.

But there's nothing that can be done about that now for this year.  They just have to live through it. 

Other than maybe Sam, will there really be any players Ron acquired that will be here in 2 years.  I expect a complete overhaul of the roster because Ron built nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Other than maybe Sam, will there really be any players Ron acquired that will be here in 2 years.  I expect a complete overhaul of the roster because Ron built nothing.

The only chances are really the first and second round picks from this draft and maybe the last, because they'd still be under contract.

Other than that?  Nope.  

I hope Jeremy Reaves sticks around, though.  I don't know off the top of my head when he joined the team, but he's a great story and an outstanding ST player.  

Certainly want

46 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I don't know.  Other than oline and linebackers, some of their failures could have due to scheme vs. ability.   The new coach should maximize what he has while building what he wants.

Edited by Leonard Washington

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think the point is that they are the worst team in the league now starting the likes of Tommy Devito.  Pretty much everyone expected to win this game, the only argument was by how much.  

Fast forward to today - yeah, we are damn near the worst team in the league when you lose to them twice.

Imaging being a 4-6 team, where 1 of those loses was a home blowout on national TV in prime time to the winless Bears, and another of those loses being to the Giants, and then assuming for some reason you are going to just mollywhoop the 2 win team where half of their wins were against you.

I mean sure it's okay to be confident, but any long time Redskins fan knew once we were a 10 point favorite that there was no way in hell it was going to be a blowout in our favor.  Anyone who is a long time fan should have known that it was anything but an easy win.

And then on top of that, we basically got embarassed again and got our asses kicked in all aspects of the game, to as you mentioned, Tommy Devito and the "off the couch" offensive line.

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I would bet only Howell, Davis, and Allen (hometown kid). I'm higher on Howell and Davis than most, I understand the opposition. Payne and McLaurin will leave for a contender. This team sucks all around. 

Need to add though that Allen, Payne, McLaurin, and Fuller are all Gruden guys. Howell, Davis, and Curl are the only decent players Ron brought in. As bad as our secondary is, I would let Curl walk. He has to be contributing to some of that **** show.  

I believe the only players left from the Gruden years are Allen, Payne, Terry and Way. I don't count Crowder and Fuller because they were re-acquired by this regime. This is what turnover in NFL roster looks like after 4 years. I agree that it is going to be fewer than 10 players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Rivera has added some decent players, but no real difference makers or needle movers. We raised the floor of our roster but didn't raise the ceiling at all. 

I bought some wax for my truck today.

Its gonna 'magically' apply itself.

These players are lacking quality coaching; getting all the draft picks they want does no good if they're not taught properly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, method man said:

I believe the only players left from the Gruden years are Allen, Payne, Terry and Way. I don't count Crowder and Fuller because they were re-acquired by this regime. This is what turnover in NFL roster looks like after 4 years. I agree that it is going to be fewer than 10 players

In two years though? They had at least 17 guys from the Gruden era on the 2021 team. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Poor kids

How embarrassing for Josh Harris. At least that probably sealed Rons fate. Being embarrassed in front of your lifelong friends will leave a lasting impact on you. 

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think Sam is less guaranteed to be here in two years than people think. If the new GM/Coach want to go a different direction at QB Sam will be traded. He has at least developed some value in that regard.

• Like 3

I listened to Ron's press conference today.  It was basically hey our young players are still learning.

As @Voice_of_Reason pointed out this roster is smack in the middle of the league as for age of the roster.

But Ron is going to I gather right until the bitter end ride with the idea that he's building this youthful roster of bonafides studs and we just need to be patient with him as his raises the young pups.

Yeah he seemed pissy about the celebrations.  In that regard I agree with him.  Celebrate when you win.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah he seemed pissy about the celebrations.  In that regard I agree with him.  Celebrate when you win.

I couldn't agree more! No one on this team has any reason to celebrate. They should be pissed and embarrassed about the way they play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I loathe the celebrations.  I’d accept them though if they didn’t suck.  I also can’t stand the whole defense posing in the end zone after turnovers, but clearly that’s only an issue I have with our opposition.

It is a waste of energy to run on the endzone on turnovers that don't result in touchdowns. 

The issue with the defense is that there are no great/standout players.  Allen & Payne are solid contributors and you can argue that in isolated games or stretches of games they have played great but even they aren't the caliber players where you expect that impact automatically every game.  Good players have a ceiling and they need great players next to them to get the full potential.

A great example is Chase Young on the Commanders vs the 49ers.  Watching the 49ers defense since the trade, Chase Young hasn't really looked or performed any different than he did when he was here, however he is now on a defense where him being good is enough where on the Commanders defense he needed to be great for it to be truly impactful.  With Bosa and Greenlaw on the 49ers D-line, Chase just has to be a guy, not THE guy.   

We lack the blue chip caliber players that elevate the players around them.  The D-line needs one, the secondary needs one, and the linebackers need almost an entire overhaul.  I think Jamin Davis has some physical tools that can be better utilized with a different D-coordinator, but I don't think he can ever rise to THE GUY status.

I don't mind guys celebrating. Bellicheck actually has a good clip where he lashes out at his players for NOT celebrating, the idea being that when guys celebrate, they play with passion and energy and play much better. As long as you're not picking up stupid penalties I'm good with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1