Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giant L, Again, to the Giants. Did I say Again, yet? Again.

KDawg

It astounds me that JDR still has a job this morning.    While I understand holding on to Rivera, who should be let go too, at least until maybe the bye week, there is no reason JDR should still have a job today.  You can't make Tommy Devito look like an all-pro.   You can't have guys that are open by 10 yards 5-10 times a game.   Its awful defensive football.  I've seen tweets and reports that "the defense is complicated and if we don't communicate properly, that happens.  It astounds me that this only seems to happen to us......and maybe the Chargers.    3rd and Long and we sit there and rush our 4 DL's....OL stops them and QB has 8 seconds to find an open WR against a DB group that can't communicate.    

• Like 1

Apparently Thibodeaux thanked Charles Leno going into halftime and when Leno asked why he was being thanked, he responded “for my 10th sack I’m going to get next half” or something of that nature.

The level of disrespect teams have for this group Ron has put together is unreal.  It’s rare you see so much public trash talk in the NFL, particularly against bad teams like ours.  

Every coach with any ole dusty QB will go for it on 4th and whatever.  Then after they kick our ass, 3 win teams like the Giants just piss on our corpse.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Been thinking about why Ron won't dump Jack. Loyalty maybe. But also, if he does it. It means he has to call the defense. 

It's a short week.  Who do you promote to even call plays on a short week?  Unless Ron decides to do it himself.

If we get our doors blown off Thursday, Ron might fire Jack just because he has to.  But it's too little, too late.

Season is done.  I'm actually fine with letting this crew go down with the ship.  If you really want to punish Jack, make him keep coaching this drek.  Ron too, for that matter.  

• Thumb up 2

I'm fine with losing out, tbh. All I care about is if Sam continues to develop and is a ray of sunshine through the clouds.

That, and I'm still on the boat that this season is a wild success, since we ditched the cancerous Snyder regime. The games matter little with respect to such a big win in the FO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's a short week.  Who do you promote to even call plays on a short week?  Unless Ron decides to do it himself.

If we get our doors blown off Thursday, Ron might fire Jack just because he has to.  But it's too little, too late.

Season is done.  I'm actually fine with letting this crew go down with the ship.  If you really want to punish Jack, make him keep coaching this drek.  Ron too, for that matter.  

It's a short week THIS week. It wasn't after the Bears game or the first Giants game. You're right. The season is done. Only thing that can happen is bad football coaching for guys you want to develop and be here in the future. Having Ron coach the defense now won't make it better. If he and Jack were gone and some defensive assistant was calling the defense for the rest of the year, they probably would lose too. Would anything change? I don't know. If it's true what guys like St. Juste and that WR for the Giants are saying. Then maybe going more basic would give up less big plays and they'd be better by default.

I just don't want to poison any young players who could have a future with what's going on with the defense just like I don't want Sam to get hit so much he turns into Patrick Ramsey. 

• Like 2

I suspect JDR sandbagged his defense last week out of spite for losing 2 DEs. Let the rush 4 fall flat on its face. He was sure quick to point out it was not him trading those 2 in his presser. The question for him today is: why did YOU wait 11 weeks to let your DTs 1 gap and attack at the LOS?  We could have been logging 5 sacks a game every week if he wasn't so fixated on putting all the pressure of stopping QBs on his DBs to validate HIS draft picks and his failure of a scheme.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Apparently Thibodeaux thanked Charles Leno going into halftime and when Leno asked why he was being thanked, he responded “for my 10th sack I’m going to get next half” or something of that nature.

The level of disrespect teams have for this group Ron has put together is unreal.  It’s rare you see so much public trash talk in the NFL, particularly against bad teams like ours.  

Every coach with any ole dusty QB will go for it on 4th and whatever.  Then after they kick our ass, 3 win teams like the Giants just piss on our corpse.  

Even worse, Leno laughed it off “being a good sport” according to Thibodeaux

We’re rightly a joke to many teams. We’re little brother status to the Giants especially, as SIP has talked about ex-Giants have come here and admitted that the locker room culture there is that we’re an expected win for them and they’d be embarrassed to lose to us. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

We’re rightly a joke to many teams. We’re little brother status to the Giants especially, as SIP has talked about ex-Giants have come here and admitted that the locker room culture there is that we’re an expected win for them and they’d be embarrassed to lose to us. 

I get that we are a joke, it’s just wild how blatant other teams are talking about it.  There is a level of pleasure associated with beating this team that I don’t understand, considering we haven’t been good for decades.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

Leno has had a rough year on the field and a terrible one off the field with his family and their loss. I feel bad for him because his play simple has not been better than average at his best moments.

That said, the OL getting punked is expected. Ron doesn't value OL enough. Well, to be fair. His front office hasn't been great at scouting rookies or free agents. One hits here and there. But for the most part, it's been a Cody Barton kind of world. 

• Like 1

Brian Daboll is 3 - 0 - 1 against us yet has never won a game against the Eagles and Cowboys. This takes me back to the time when the Cardinals were in our division and you could almost count on a victory against them.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Brian Daboll is 3 - 0 1 against us yet has never won a game against the Eagles and Cowboys. This takes me back to the time when the Cardinals were in our division and you could almost count on a victory against them.

The glory days!  Man o man the Cardinals were a punching bag. Always having to travel east to lose. I used to think teams that travel the most/east have a tougher time true or not. Heh it was probably the lowly cards that made me think that.

Somewhere Daniel Jones was laughing and then crying realizing its not him that has our number. He now has no ones number. Financial advisor aside.

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I love how I keep hearing people calling in the radio saying that we lost to the worst team in the NFL.

News flash to them...

WE MAY BE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL NOT THE GIANTS.

They have 3 wins, and 2 of them are against us.

We suck ass.

I'd say the Panthers and Patriots are worse but its close.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd say the Panthers and Patriots are worse but its close.

Yeah all of the bottom teams can claim it.

I just find it mind boggling that people claiming that the worst team is 2-0 against is.

If the "worst team" beats you, twice, and you beat them none, wtf does that make you?

It reminds me of when I went to a Ravens/Chargers game in a Rivers jersey to troll everyone, and the Chargers won like 9-7.  We were driving out of the stadium and I was kind of leaning out the window of the car yelling **** like "GO CHARGERS!" to troll them even more.  Then someone yells back "YEAH YOU ALL SUCK" and I replied "Well we just beat you all so that means you suck MORE!" and everyone in our car started LOL'ing at my troll.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I love how I keep hearing people calling in the radio saying that we lost to the worst team in the NFL.

News flash to them...

WE MAY BE THE WORST TEAM IN THE NFL NOT THE GIANTS.

They have 3 wins, and 2 of them are against us.

We suck ass.

I think the point is that they are the worst team in the league now starting the likes of Tommy Devito.  Pretty much everyone expected to win this game, the only argument was by how much.  

Fast forward to today - yeah, we are damn near the worst team in the league when you lose to them twice.

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I just don't want to poison any young players who could have a future with what's going on with the defense just like I don't want Sam to get hit so much he turns into Patrick Ramsey

Which young players on defense are going to be on this team in 2 years?  Forbes?  Martin?  Butler?  Maybe?  Probably not.  The cupboard is incredibly bare.  Ron keeps saying "young team.  It's not.  It has one young starter right now.  Especially on defense.  I don't know who we'd be poisoning.  

They picked the wrong players and they are poorly coaching the wrong players.

But there's nothing that can be done about that now for this year.  They just have to live through it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1