Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. New England Week Nine Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

image.png.1fdcd54994eeb9b1b3304df96396e56b.png vs.  image.png.c6f51d2d77dbcad6dd3a4e59ac7eec9e.png

New England is coming off a loss to Miami, after embarrassing Buffalo. 

Washington continues its downward spiral. 

Washington is averaging 4.3 ypc. The Patriots 3.6.

Only two teams have run the ball less than Washington. 

Only one team has given up more passing yards than Washington. 

Mac Jones leads the league in pick-6's, with three. 

Both punters are tied for most punts in the league. 

OH BOY WHAT A SHOWCASE GAME!!

Bill Belch-n-check will easily outwit and outcoach Swampboat Ron, leaving Ron with that " I can't believe its not butter " expression on his face. 

The Comm offense will put up 27-30 on the Pats but the Pats offense will put up 31-37, so by that regard it will be

Boston Braves 20

Washington Bravehearts 6

* BTW, Ron, you're right, its not butter, its called a humiliating defeat, one which should have you sent packing, along with your equally ignorant booger eating moron DelTaco.

Bill's lost his touch, but he's still got enough smarts to know how to win this game: a reenactment of the blizzard game against Buffalo a few years ago. Mac Jones will go 9-12 for 80 yards and a TD, and he'll just run the ball all game. This "vaunted" and "Elite" D-line and the farce that is the LB corps will do nothing to stop NE's RBs from racking up 250 yards and 4 TDs. Sam will ball but, as has been the par for the season, it will not be enough. Our gunslinger QB will make 1 mistake, but it will be at the most crushing time possible because he's basically a rookie trying to carry this trash team on his back and has to do it all himself.

NE: 38

Was: 31

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Joey Sly kicks an 83 yarder to win it at the buzzer after Major Tuddy runs on the field and clears a path in the snow by doing a tuddy belly flop.

You don't want to see what Joey can really do.

If Thunder Thigh Slye really got all of it, he'd kick it clear over them mountains.

Although Bill knows it's not Butter, there are a few players that will be stomping out of their lard.

T-Mac has something to prove after last weeks game

Allen & Payne play as inspired man-eaters post Montez/Chase distractions

Jenry/Toohil/JSW take their high energy game even higher

Our new Oline minus Gates/Charles adds another game of experience as a unit.

I don't think our team of men want to be seen as losers (yet).

Skins 27

Pats 20

• Like 1

I think getting Chase and Sweat out of the locker room will be a boost for the team. The offensive line changes make a big difference too.

Not that either unit has improved, but our lines are better than they were.

I think Jack will be extra aggressive with the blitz this week, too as to compensate for the loss of his Ends.

Us 38

Pats 27

• Like 1

Ok, I wanted to start with a few stats; 

I'm on the Sam Howell train and i think this game is fundamentally about which QB makes the fewest mistakes. So lets look at the Patriots defense. 

10th in yards allowed, but 17th against the pass (vunerability?), and 26th in interceptions. They are 9th against the run though. 

They have 15 sacks which places them near the bottom (yet again). 

So thats the basics. There are a lot of questions about where our defense will go. I feel we will be more disciplined this week. fantasy pros has the following stats about Sam Howell vs Mac Jones

Poor Passes: Sam Howell - 35, Mac Jones - 39

Now think about that as a ratio with Howell taking 308 attempts and Jones taking 260 attempts and still having more poor throws and it really says something. 

Sam Howell's Poor Throw Percent is 35/308 = 11%

Mac Jones's Poor Throw Percent is 39/206 = 19%

People focus on Sam Howell's sacks but I'm saying that the QB with the fewest mistakes wins the game (sacks included). We'll see which QB that is.