Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. New England Week Nine Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

Bellicheck will blitz Howell on every play leading to 8 sacks as EB reverts back to his old play calling habits that he called 2 weeks ago.

Defensively we can't get off the field on third down as Hunter Henry eats us up.

Cheaters                26

Commandskins    20

On 10/30/2023 at 6:39 AM, NoVaSkins21 said:

Battle of the Need to be Retired Head Coaches.  What an unwatchable game this will be

And yet, I'll still be on my couch at 1:00, hoping for the best!  lol

On 10/30/2023 at 9:27 PM, ExoDus84 said:

You don't want to see what Joey can really do.

If Thunder Thigh Slye really got all of it, he'd kick it clear over them mountains.

If Coach would have let him kick, they would have won state, no doubt...

• Haha 1

Matt Jones is going to torch us. Predict he will go 32 for 48 375 3TDs amid Demario having a 2TD breakout game.

Belly will try to neutralize Howell and largely fail - it'll be a shootout so take the over. Pats 35 - Ders 31. Toohill does his thing and gets 1.5.

Another 30+ allowed vs a team with no WRs is not enough to get JDR **** canned.

Edited by RandyHolt

I think this is going to be a high scoring affair.  I think the defensive line will be more disciplined.  But I'm not sure it's going to help much in the pass rush and Sweat was really stout against the run, and I can see that being a bit of a problem.

And the secondary still stinks.  And the LBs still stink.  So, yeah.  They're going to stink.

But I think the offense is going to continue to keep churning out yards.

Put me down for:

Commander: 31

Patriots: 34

Patriots offense gets well and inexplicably has big gains, until we notice Forbes has been returned to the field, and then the inexplicable becomes explainable.  

EB is going to drive @Koolblue13 to start sniffing glue when at halftime we have 4 rushes for 40 yards and 30 passes for 230 yards.  

23 minutes ago, oraphus said:

No way Pats put up 34... they have no WRs left.. even against this sh!tty D. This might be the game to start Forbes... if he can't look competent against pats Wrs.. they might as well demote him to water boy

Keim made a good point today , when Cy and sweat was out in 2021 our defense got better in all categories and we blitzed from 32 percent to 53 

that’s crazy 

• Like 2

Manders do great in man coverage. No surprise to me who wants to attack at the LOS and press man FAR more esp with Forbes benched. Dare I think JDRs preferred Zone Match Man is lumped into "Zone" coverage.

• The Commanders have played man coverage at a top-10 rate this season.
  • Washington has managed a 57.1% defensive success rate (seventh best) and a 52.9% completion rate (second best) while in man coverage this season.

image.png.18caded26b8cee45c49ef132f3aca2c9.png

The Browns play the most man coverage. It does not surprise this poster that they are the best pass D in the league. Every year it seems like a secret forumla that takes months for a DC to dare try to use more. With our front 4 JDR should have been HEAVY Charles "Press" Mann but that ship has sailed.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-wr-report-man-zone-coverage-performance-nfl-week-9-2023

Edited by RandyHolt

28 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Manders do great in man coverage. No surprise to me who wants to attack at the LOS and press man FAR more esp with Forbes benched. Dare I think JDRs preferred Zone Match Man is lumped into "Zone" coverage.

• The Commanders have played man coverage at a top-10 rate this season.
  • Washington has managed a 57.1% defensive success rate (seventh best) and a 52.9% completion rate (second best) while in man coverage this season.

image.png.18caded26b8cee45c49ef132f3aca2c9.png

The Browns play the most man coverage. It does not surprise this poster that they are the best pass D in the league. Every year it seems like a secret forumla that takes months for a DC to dare try to use more. With our front 4 JDR should have been HEAVY Charles Mann but that ship has sailed.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-wr-report-man-zone-coverage-performance-nfl-week-9-2023

Yet we drafted a pure zone corner, passing on a man stud like Joey Porter jr.

This regime man....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yet we drafted a pure zone corner, passing on a man stud like Joey Porter jr.

This regime man....

Without conclusive knowledge of how much say JDR has in choosing players, I still cannot give him a pass. He is Ron's buddy. "Shirley" Forbes wasn't just dropped in his lap and him forced to make the defense work. Ron and JDR needed to do far better on draft day and game days...

You wont like to see this article on Porter.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/11/erasing-cb-joey-porter-jr-moves-inside-pffs-top-5-highest-graded-rookies-in-nfl/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Without conclusive knowledge of how much say JDR has in choosing players, I still cannot give him a pass. He is Ron's buddy. "Shirley" Forbes wasn't just dropped in his lap and him forced to make the defense work. Ron and JDR needed to do far better on draft day and game days...

You wont like to see this article on Porter.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/11/erasing-cb-joey-porter-jr-moves-inside-pffs-top-5-highest-graded-rookies-in-nfl/

Porter was the guy I wanted from day one so I'm not surprised. He had surefire star written all over him.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Porter was the guy I wanted from day one so I'm not surprised. He had surefire star written all over him.

Adding insult to injury we needed to address corner and didn't.

On this cheat sheet only 5 teams don't have a corner rated above a 7. Like us.

WRCB-23-W9.thumb.webp.80a028df5216e36ad01471cc90a6819c.webp