Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. New England Week Nine Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

Washington leaves a lot of points on the field, but still wins this game.

Time of possession and yardage will be in favor of Washington, but they'll have to settle few more field goals then touchdowns because they can only muster 2 out 5 TDs when in the red zone. I feel Washington's play-calling fits well against the New England defensive tendencies.

Patriots will do fairly well vs. the Washington D, exploiting the linebackers but will still have trouble sustaining long drives.  Somehow, they'll get 3TDS, with one of them due to a questionable ref call of pass interference in the end zone.  

Washington 23 New England 21

A squirrel, looking for nuts as he puts on his last few ounces for winter, scrambles on to the field only to engage in a staredown with Belichik. The crowd notices and wonders, "who are we with, the squirrel or Belichick?"  A silence swirls around Gillette Stadium.  Bellichick points to the squirrel and mouths, "Do your job." While this showdown mounts, Joey Slye tugs at the beard sprouting like tumbleweed from under his chinstrap. He eyes a 51-yard winning field goal. Tress Way, half giggling, mutters "pretty cool squirrel." Cheese snaps the ball badly. The squirrel notices and seems to applaud when Way gathers the ball like a squirming child and sets it upright, only to have Slye smack its backside, sending it through the goalposts like a beligerent angel. The squirrel and Belichick study their toes. Way is still giggling as he looks for the squirrel admist the victorius, bouncing men from Washington. 

Washington 24

New England 21

52 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No idea where to put this, but it's lame and embarrassing. 

Yeah thats almost scary that they viewed that as a findable offense. Not to mention it wasn't even called a foul on the field.

Guess they saying he led with his helmet?

Edited by Chris 44
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Yeah thats almost scary that they viewed that as a findable offense. Not to mention it wasn't even called a foul on the field.

Guess they saying he led with his helmet?

Don’t know if it’s the reason, but yeah he definitely lead with the helmet.

as for the game, addition by subtraction may well be a thing. Seems like the defense has played better without CY the last few years. And now that we are probably better off losing, we will win. Wash 27 NE 13

Washington could actually lose out.  This is the first game this season that I actually want Washington to lose (due to the draft).  So, of course, they will win 23-20.

Added:  To be clear, I will always root for Washington.  Rooting for them to lose in not in my DNA.  IMO, they have no chance of making the playoffs with their schedule, so I would prefer they have a top-5 draft pick.

Edited by cakmoney61
Added.

7 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Washington could actually lose out.  This is the first game this season that I actually want Washington to lose (due to the draft).  So, of course, they will win 23-20.

I've called this a throw away year all year and thought our ceiling was 10 loses and yet I can't cheer against us on game day.

We have a top 10 pick right now. No way we don't screw that up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

As long as the coaches play to the defenses weaknesses and don't wait 3 quarters to change up the attack we win by 2 touchdowns. 

have you not been watching?  That’s asking a helluva lot. But, Christmas is coming so maybe a preliminary miracle is on the way.

Edited by stoshuaj
On not in

20 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Washington could actually lose out.  

wait just a damn minute.  I said this last week and got the “yer dum”, “yer not a reeeel fan” treatment.  

How dare you say they won’t win 7+ games?, they said.  Course, when I asked where the wins are going to come from, crickets……

you sir, are not dum

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've called this a throw away year all year and thought our ceiling was 10 loses and yet I can't cheer against us on game day.

We have a top 10 pick right now. No way we don't screw that up.

I totally feel you on this one.  I really want to see us tank for the higher draft pick but come game day I just can't do it.  I guess I'll keep rooting for us to win and if we lose just be happy that we're one pick higher lol

As for my prediction I honestly don't know,  this team is so unpredictable other than we do know that if we win it won't be pretty.  I have a weird feeling that the defense might actually show up but of course it's against Mac Jones.

Us 23

Pats 16

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:17 PM, oraphus said:

No way Pats put up 34... they have no WRs left.. even against this sh!tty D. This might be the game to start Forbes... if he can't look competent against pats Wrs.. they might as well demote him to water boy

boom! Hey Ron.. give me a call, i am open for work.

• Haha 2