Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Philadelphia Week Eight Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

RR: "I believe our young guys held out well against the defending NFC champions. Those guys have a good veteran group, best I've ever seen, and the way I look at it our guys will get there with some more years under their belt. I believe that. This is a process. We stick with it, and we'll be up there with anyone in the NFL."

You forgot to mention new system and young QB...while completely ignoring the craptastic defense.

1 hour ago, Spearfeather said:

Yep. Give him another five or six years,  and Ron just might get this thing straightened out.

😄

Tommy Boy College GIF - Tommy Boy College - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This will be a game where the first 5 minutes goes, eh, decently, but then a cat. 5 hurricane demolishes everything wearing burgundy & gold from that point on. 

I'd almost bet the Eagles get a safety in this game, to make it a 51-6 walk-in-the-park.

If the Eagles put up more than 40 then Del Taco has to be fired to make a statement. Let Del Taco season those curly fries because no one in their right mind would hire him.

If the Commies score less than 20 then ReedBoat Ron and Eric Myenemy should be put on notice that things are about to change. In both cases it would be a statement.

It would be an even bigger statement IF { by a higher power } they somehow manage to Forrest Gump their way to a win it would show the lack of preparation on a weekly basis, by focusing attention only on 1 particular game and the coacings' inability to properly utilize player strengths.

51-6 in a nail-biter...

I'm searching deep and just can't find any positives.  Closest I got is that they finally had Howell moving away from the pocket last game ...in the second half.  And by moving I mean just running for his life as soon as the ball was snapped.  If they keep that up and say **** it we're basically playing backyard football...then there's a chance they put some points up.  Not a sustainable plan but it's their only option until they figure out better blocking schemes or plays.  I refuse to believe the Oline players are all THAT bad, individually.  

Defensively, I've seen nothing change there and don't expect to.  They're going to pass mid and deep all over us all day long unless pressure gets home.  So send pressure.  I consider this a bigger Longshot than the offensive scenario.  

Still, division game...they haven't been awf 2 weeks in a row yet...closer game than most are thinking but probably one of those "wasn't as close as the score suggests" games.  

24-17 birds

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We ain’t getting 2 safeties.

Funny, the last time washington got a safety was vs Philly last year.  I don't remember how, I just looked it up thinking "of course our team hasn't had a safety in years".  But there ya go.  

Then again those 4 points could be "sorry about your luck"  points that are given to us.  

To be honest, I only really see this game going one of two ways. Philly blowout, or a close Philly win like the first game.  The offense has regressed since the first Philly game and I expect their defense to just send the house on every 2nd and 3rd down the same way every other team has, and our O-line won't be able to handle it, the RB/TE on the field will be tasked with helping block which means they will be late getting to the flat for hot routes, so by the time Howell hits his drop, there won't be open targets in time.

The saving grace in the first game was EB calling the best game of the season so far, so my main interest is whether he is going to actually play call this game accordingly or try to outsmart everyone again by dropping Sam back 30 times in a row at some point.

Ugh.

I don't have a good feeling about this one.

I think we are in for a beating. D probably gives up a bunch of points and the O probably does not score very many.

Philly is built for chunk plays and that is what we are worst at defending. They also have the pieces to get after our QB in a big way, just like every team in our division.

The sea of green in the stands will make this an even bigger problem as new ownership (Most likely thru Magic) will be fielding questions about the game and the fanbase when its all said and done.

9 hours ago, just skins baby said:

I have a feeling Philly does the tush push the whole game and wins 49-3

IMG_3626.gif

Ya know, it's become obvious that stopping Hurts from getting the 1st down yardage is basically impossible. So I think the goal for the defense, is for every defender within arms length of Jalen, to punch at the ball. Maybe, possibly, it pops loose 🤷

I know last go around was close and victory was in arms reach but I think this week will be quite different. 

More and more frustration seems to be building in the locker room, Ron looks completely checked out, Del Rio rushes just 4 and yet receivers are wide open and EB is confused as to what a running back is.

302a0b8b-ebeb-4173-b705-f75467fda5c9_tex