Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Philadelphia Week Eight Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Ya know, it's become obvious that stopping Hurts from getting the 1st down yardage is basically impossible. So I think the goal for the defense, is for every defender within arms length of Jalen, to punch at the ball. Maybe, possibly, it pops loose

I'd treat it like a team that is willing to expose its QB w/ a read option.

I'd tell my LB to forget about the RB and just blast the QB.

Sure you'll get burned a few times, but they won't be calling that play very often if you know I'm gonna blast the QB every time you do it.

Next Tush Push, I'm telling my LB to jump the pile, grab Hurts and gator roll. Everyone else can work to bring Hurts to the bottom of the pile. Nobody lets go until the refs make you let go. We'll see how many time they call it after that.

I'd have no intent on actually trying to stop it.

And even if they keep trying it, the refs will blow start blowing the whistle earlier cuz mugging the QB will 100% start a fight. 

I'd also consider intentionally letting him thru on the first attempt, just to dogpile 2000lbs on him.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I decided I would be an official for a swim meet so I could have a really good excuse not to watch or follow the games.

So while y’all are suffering through a football game I’ll be disqualifying 7 year olds and crushing their souls. (Insert maniacal laughter here.)

Eagles win 27 - 13.

Watch out for the scissors kick in breaststroke.  Number one violation.

3 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Watch out for the scissors kick in breaststroke.  Number one violation.

From my experience, for the young kids it's underwater recovery on Fly, and also arms past the hip line in breaststroke. Though, yeah, the scissors kick in breaststroke is a killer. This meet is a young kid meet. So we'll see.  

I had to DQ a junior Olympian (probably in 2028) in breaststroke a couple summers ago because he did 2 butterfly kicks on the pull-out.  I was like, "that dude knows better." But made the call.  The team rep for the other team went absolutely bananas, accused us of cheating, etc. "The kid might go to Olympic Trials! He isn't going to DQ!" (Note: he was good.  He wasn't THAT good...)   Was giving the referee (not me, I was S&T) hell.  The swimmer came over with a big grin on his face and said "yeah, you caught me.  I did it on purpose because nobody ever calls it in summer league for good swimmers. Thought I could get a team record."   Coach went silent.  It was all very ... odd.  I appreciated the kid's honesty.  Team Rep, I wanted to throw into the pool.  

I guess if you aint cheatin' you aint trying? Good thing they won the meet, and it was CLOSE.  If his DQ in an attempt to get a pool record cost the team a win ... yowza.  That wouldn't have gone over real well on the ride home I don't think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

He's not even listed at all on the injury report. So I guess we aren't going to have much help there.

There is some controversy about the Eagles not reporting his injury, some are speculating that Hurts might need surgery.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Conn said:

lol it seems as if he’s already forgotten the first AJB game which was already ridiculous and his biggest game of the season  

Makes no sense. I thought we were a heavy zone team which is why we drafted Forbes to begin with?

There is some kind of disconnect within our roster building and coaching styles.

• Like 1

At 2-0 I predicted 6 straight losses because that is typical for us and I won't be fooled anymore.  We eeked out a win vs Atlanta ruining my grand prediction but things wont get any better this week... but I am intrigued with Tyler "I don't lose" Larsen in there and happy to eat crow if this guy saves the season. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9c9e65abc2437badd0e2f707e520dc9a.jpeg

Edited by RandyHolt

On 10/26/2023 at 9:19 AM, Hdf561 said:

Word is out on how you beat this team, Eagles take a page out of Remember the Titans and BLITZ ALL NIGHT! 

There's no other way around this until we prove can stop it with any consistency. 

Blitzing up the middle worked nearly every time for the Giants last week, that's arguably the worst place to get pressure from as a QB play after play.

37 minutes ago, profusion said:

Eugene Shen fires up his Magic Analytics Machine for the first time here, and the first tickertape it spits out says "fire everyone at halftime."

PHI - 31

WAS - 17

I’m imagining Tom Cruise standing in front of the holograms catching the wooden balls the machines spit out in Minority Report 

JQlh.gif

• Like 1

The unfortunate thing is that because of the losses to the Bears and NYG, losing a close well played game on Sunday, similar to the first against Philly won't leave me with the same feeling it did after that game.  At the time, the loss stung because winning was in the realm of possibility the entire 4 quarters & OT, and I came away thinking wow if they just learn how to make adjustments to reduce the damage an opponent's #1 WR does against our defense, things could look different next time.  Since then, I haven't seen much at all to suggest anything will be different and no matter how much of an effort we see, Hurts is likely just going to be able to throw downfield prayers to a wide open AJ Brown anytime he is under any kind of duress. 

I can't in good conscience predict a win Sunday.

Philly 28

Commanders 17

No good will come of this game. If we lose badly as I expect we will, it's just more fire on the flames and sucking. If somehow they eek out a win (highly unlikely) then it will why the **** can't they play like this all the time?? 

Even during all Dans year's I have never been so ready for a season to be over as early as this season. I just want the season done so we can see what plans Josh has for the team. He dropped the first bomb with Eugene Shen.Many more moves to make. 

Maybe once the team is mathmatically eliminated he will hire his GM. Likley let the entire coaching staff go at end of season but there may be a few soles the new GM likes or asks to interview for certain positions. 

Either way, there is nothing good that can come out of this game, win or lose, 

• Like 1