Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 7 - The Commanders @ The Giants

zCommander

16 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

1. Under Rivera the Giants don't "own" Washington...they are 3-2-1.

But Daniel Jones is 5-1-1 against Washington. That's probably why some see us being owned by the Giants. Over the years, even back in the Gibbs 1 era, the Giants have given us fits. 

4 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

But Daniel Jones is 5-1-1 against Washington. That's probably why some see us being owned by the Giants. Over the years, even back in the Gibbs 1 era, the Giants have given us fits. 

I dunno if beating a team that went 3-13, that damn near everybody beat, that fired it's head coach mid-season, that fired the team president immediately after the season, and that started a rookie QB about 2 years before he was ready, should be described as "owning" them lol...

The reason Daniel Jones has a good record against us is because we've largely been a .500 or worse team for his entire career and most of those games were coin flip outcomes.  He's beat this team even when he hasn't looked all that great himself.

Anyways, all the narratives going into this game lean towards a Commanders win, and they should, on paper, but call it fan PTSD or whatever you want........I don't feel comfortable against this or any opponent yet.  I think this team *can* absolutely compete with any team in the NFL, but they haven't yet shown they can distance themselves from the mediocre & bad teams either. 

4 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Yeah but Sam Howell has never lost to the Giants. Somethings gotta give!

4 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The reason Daniel Jones has a good record against us is because we've largely been a .500 or worse team for his entire career and most of those games were coin flip outcomes.  He's beat this team even when he hasn't looked all that great himself.

Anyways, all the narratives going into this game lean towards a Commanders win, and they should, on paper, but call it fan PTSD or whatever you want........I don't feel comfortable against this or any opponent yet.  I think this team *can* absolutely compete with any team in the NFL, but they haven't yet shown they can distance themselves from the mediocre & bad teams either. 

Not to be obvious but I thought the Comms record WAS 3-3...

For some reason Howell is starting to remind me of Rex Grossman. Good arm but makes throws that makes people scratch their heads. Lets hope the walls at Met Life are padded well!

This game has all the makings of a 'trap game' for both teams { sans the records } and the Giants' strength right now is the Comms weakness, so i'm expecting to see Tyrod to move out of the pocket alot to escape pressure.

One thing IS certain; if the Giants score more than 27 then they should put DelTaco next to Hoffa and be done with him; fire him immediately after the game.

43 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Not to be obvious but I thought the Comms record WAS 3-3...

For some reason Howell is starting to remind me of Rex Grossman. Good arm but makes throws that makes people scratch their heads. Lets hope the walls at Met Life are padded well!

This game has all the makings of a 'trap game' for both teams { sans the records } and the Giants' strength right now is the Comms weakness, so i'm expecting to see Tyrod to move out of the pocket alot to escape pressure.

One thing IS certain; if the Giants score more than 27 then they should put DelTaco next to Hoffa and be done with him; fire him immediately after the game.

This could be a Saquon Barkley coming out party.

He's had a very quiet season but looked good vs the Bills. So maybe he has a breakout game against us.

Dude is drowned in trade rumors and he'll be a FA agent at the end of the season. 

The perfect stage to bust 100+ yards by gashing our D with an average of 9 yards per carry.

Jones is not the one to worry about, IMO.

Edited by El Mexican

I don't like how we match up vs the Giants.

If we get Curl and Fuller back, and most of the guys on their injury list don't go, I think we win.

If they get most of their guys on their injury list to go I think we lose.

If their D can give Buff a hard time they can certainly do the same to us.

and their O will be going against a worse D this week to boot.

I think we are both pretty close teams in terms of quality when healthy. Powerfully mid. NY has just gone thru a buzz saw of opponents.

Haha! This is gold! The Giants lose against an obviously sluggish Bills team and suddenly the Giants "have arrived!"? Get that **** outta here! You guys remind me of the attention seekers that wanted to put the Bears in the top ten rankings because they beat us. The Giants didn't look like complete garbage, so now we're afraid of them? Grow a pair! Everyone wants to talk about what these teams did last year or the year before, lets talk about this year. Our offense isn't a killer, but we don't struggle to score 20 points a game like last year and the Giant's luck from last year has run out.

Not saying its going to be a blood bath, but I expect something similar to the Falcon's game. Some of you look down on the Falcon's game, but they we're never really close to winning, the Falcons never felt like they had control in the game. I expect something similar to the Giants: we'll hold a steady lead, but we won't run away with the game.

If anything holds over from last year, our guys should be pissed and ready to go against the Giants, we should win this one no matter who starts as QB.

We are going to sell out to stop the run.....again and hope whoever is playing QB doesn't beat us and he shouldn't, because their WRs suck.

On offense we'll be solid and balanced in the first half and score some points and then in the second half do the same thing again and hope to hold on.

• Like 1

Football gods may keep Daniel Jones on the shelf and avoid the awkwardness of him beating us yet again. He is supposed to be the easiest QB to beat in our division. On an unrelated subject, I miss a punching bag the Cardinals being in our division.

Him and his wonky neck oozing confidence against us aside I think the Giants looked better with Tie Rod. The final play last week I think Waller was held no PI call to end the game so he almost won. The Giants will be fine and their patchwork OL will probably perform better than ours. Their WRs are all interchangeable but I keep hearing fantasy guys saying Hyatt should have a big day. 

Edited by RandyHolt

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We are going to sell out to stop the run.....again and hope whoever is playing QB doesn't beat us and he shouldn't, because their WRs suck.

On offense we'll be solid and balanced in the first half and score some points and then in the second half do the same thing again and hope to hold on.

If our DL can't exploit their patchwork OL, they should all be let go. 

We shouldn't need to talk blitzing because of it allowing 7 in coverage. We will see.

I can hear me yelling at the screen to throw a freaking blitz at them

I have a feeling Dotson is back in the spotlight with a couple big plays 

On 10/18/2023 at 10:04 PM, Redwards said:

5. In YEAR 4 of the never-ending torture that is the Rivera error, Washington remains a Jekyll and Hyde team that has all but wasted its plethora of highly valued resources on defense; you cannot trust them one iota.

And doesn't it seem that after every win, RR and his staff exhale, shake hands and then celebrate like all is right in the world and that they are doing a great job if the players would just execute? How bout they show up this week with the same kind of urgency and desperation they played with after the Bears loss? Maybe the defense can set the tone and get a score by themselves? How bout a 100 yard rushing day for BRob?  

If Seattle can get 10 sacks on MNF in NY then we should get at least 6.....time to show up for the defense.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Haha! This is gold! The Giants lose against an obviously sluggish Bills team and suddenly the Giants "have arrived!"? Get that **** outta here! You guys remind me of the attention seekers that wanted to put the Bears in the top ten rankings because they beat us.

I’ve seen nobody even remotely insinuate that the Giants have arrived or worse that the Bears are a top ten team because they beat us.  What dark side of the internet are you logged into?  🤣