Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 7 - The Commanders @ The Giants

zCommander

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve seen nobody even remotely insinuate that the Giants have arrived or worse that the Bears are a top ten team because they beat us.  What dark side of the internet are you logged into?  🤣

1. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but I did see the Bears in a "legit" top ten list...only one though.

2. Half the dudes in this thread think the Giants are going to do something because they almost, kinda, sorta did something against the Bills when we didn't do anything against the Bills.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was listening to Standig, that was his point, bi-polar so he predicted the Giants based on that.

See? This is what I don't understand. If we are bipolar, what does that make that Giants and why would ANYONE think that the team they're putting out now, will beat our current team? What the Bears did to us, just about every team has done to them. Not saying we're going to slaughter them, but we should be this doom and gloom about Sunday. The fact that the offense can score more than 20 points should give everyone a "Commander's Salute" in their pants.

32 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

1. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but I did see the Bears in a "legit" top ten list...only one though.

2. Half the dudes in this thread think the Giants are going to do something because they almost, kinda, sorta did something against the Bills when we didn't do anything against the Bills.

See? This is what I don't understand. If we are bipolar, what does that make that Giants and why would ANYONE think that the team they're putting out now, will beat our current team? What the Bears did to us, just about every team has done to them. Not saying we're going to slaughter them, but we should be this doom and gloom about Sunday. The fact that the offense can score more than 20 points should give everyone a "Commander's Salute" in their pants.

So, you legit have confidence in this team to win a game they ‘should’ win?

The game is in NY, with the same ref crew that screwed the Ders last year.  The Giants defense has notoriously given this team fits.  Our own defense cannot stop a nosebleed.

Don’t get me wrong, this team ‘should’ win.  But they have a history of losing games they ‘should’ win.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I watched a Giants video on youtube that had...****, I can't remember his name...anyway, there were 2 or 3 guys talking, and as I watched what they were saying about the Giants, their argument for the Giants was:

- Tyrod Taylor is better than Howell at the moment

- Tyrod Taylor will give our DLine fits

- If Jones plays he's also better than Howell at the moment

- Our linebackers suck ass

- Fuller will probably be out

- Saquon Barkley will be the difference maker

- Their defense played really good last week against the Bills, so, you know...

- Howell takes too many sacks so the Giants' defense will feast

- It's more of a must-win game for them than for the Commanders so they're more motivated to win

- Daboll is a proven winning coach

- They've played much better teams, that's the reason their record sucks ass

Then went to a Giants message board and looked at old threads...their fans' takes were the exact opposite lol.

- Jones sucks, keep tanking and go get Caleb

- Howell is already better than Taylor

- Our DLine will kill whoever is QB because their OLine is horrible and banged up

- We have better WRs

- Saquon is washed and a non-factor

- Daboll is not a good coach, regardless of winning COTY last year

- "I ****ing hate this team" or words to that effect lol...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So, you legit have confidence in this team to win a game they ‘should’ win?

The game is in NY, with the same ref crew that screwed the Ders last year.  The Giants defense has notoriously given this team fits.  Our own defense cannot stop a nosebleed.

Don’t get me wrong, this team ‘should’ win.  But they have a history of losing games they ‘should’ win.

No, I'm just saying that the reasons that people are choosing us to lose could also be applied to the 1-5 Giants as well. Since we're the better team (for now), I'm going to side with us...screw "tradition".

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I watched a Giants video on youtube that had...****, I can't remember his name...anyway, there were 2 or 3 guys talking, and as I watched what they were saying about the Giants, their argument for the Giants was:

- Tyrod Taylor is better than Howell at the moment

Disagree, but in a given game, Tyrod could outplay Howell.  That said I think the median performance of Howell is likely higher than the median performance of Tyrod.

- Tyrod Taylor will give our DLine fits

Yeah, if we get out of run lanes, he could.  

- If Jones plays he's also better than Howell at the moment

I would probably agree with that, but its close.

- Our linebackers suck ass

Jamin Davis has been solid, but Cody Barton has not had a good year so far.  That said his best game this season was his last one so hopefully he is turning a corner.

- Fuller will probably be out

Probably out.

- Saquon Barkley will be the difference maker

Its possible.  He is a dynamic player.

- Their defense played really good last week against the Bills, so, you know...

Hard to predict, but they could play well again.

- Howell takes too many sacks so the Giants' defense will feast

That is true.  They probably do get four sacks or something, but just getting sacks doesn't mean much if we score 30.

- It's more of a must-win game for them than for the Commanders so they're more motivated to win

I guess.   I think we are motivated, but they may be hunger for a win after four straight losses.

- Daboll is a proven winning coach

I think Daboll is a good coach, but his career record is 10-12-1 so no he is a proven winning coach.

I'll give them that.  They don't have a bad loss in terms of losing to a bad team yet.  Their five losses are to Dallas, San Fran, Buffalo, Miami, and Seattle.    We could definitely be 1-5 if we had played their schedule.  

Edited by philibusters
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Simmsy said:

They've had a brutal schedule.  They played Dallas and SF who have killer defenses while we played Denver and the Bears.  They also played Miami. 

The only easy game they've had was the Cards who they beat on the road in a close game. We beat the Cards also in a close game but at home.  They played the Bills much better than we did.

They are banged up as heck so we should beat them for that reason alone.  But heck even Logan Paulsen who typically is a homer and works for the team believes the Giants are a betrer coached team than ours.

I still predicted we win in a close game but I wouldn't be shocked if NY wins. 

• Like 1

Was listening to some of Logan preview for the game, he thinks Lawrence is so dominatng that he's the best player in the East, better than even Parsons, high praise

https://nypost.com/new-york-giants/

The full weight of the Giants’ season could be resting on the broad shoulders of Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence.

Facing a Commanders offensive line that has allowed an NFL-worst 34 sacks is a script drawn up favorably for the two highest-paid players on the Giants’ defense to justify their contracts.

If Williams and Lawrence really are the core of the league’s best interior defensive line — as ESPN’s rankings declared before the season — time is running out for the Giants (1-5) to prove it.

“We know that the team goes as we go, the defense goes as we go,” Lawrence told The Post. “It’s always on us. It’s no pressure because it’s something that we take honor to.”

Williams, who is on the final year of a three-year, $63 million contract, has more on the line than Lawrence, who is signed for $98.25 million through 2027, considering that he could be traded as a half-season rental by month’s end if things do not turn around.

...“This is definitely a game we are looking forward to,” Williams said. “A lot of teams we’ve played so far have been getting the ball out fast and trying to eliminate me and Dex from affecting their offense. This is one of those teams — we’re in Week 7 now — and we’re finally able to do something against a team. We have been studying our a– off.”

Lawrence (21 pressures, five quarterback hits, zero sacks) is Pro Football Focus’ fourth-highest graded pass-rushing defensive tackle and Williams (13 pressures, three quarterback hits, 0.5 sack) is No. 14.

The Giants (1-5) cannot afford to lose to the mediocre Commanders (3-3) at home. A drop to 1-6 would render the Giants’ season, already on the precipice of irrelevancy, into an abyss. With a softer schedule upcoming, they have a chance to climb out of this hole from 2-5, but virtually no chance to do so from 1-6.

Perhaps the Commanders are just the elixir the Giants need.

Since 2017, the Giants are 7-4-1 against Washington and they’re 32-71-1 against everyone else. The Giants are 6-2-1 against Washington in the teams’ last nine meetings. Starting quarterback Daniel Jones has a 5-1-1 career record against Washington.

Jones, however, is listed as “questionable’’ on the injury report after not having practiced in full all week as a result of his lingering neck injury that kept him out of the Buffalo game.

That likely will leave the Giants’ season in the hands of veteran backup quarterback Tyrod Taylor, who performed admirably in the Buffalo game save for his brain-freeze decision to audible from a passing play to a failed run from the Bills’ 1-yard line on the final play of the first half with 14 seconds remaining and no timeouts.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/20/giants-might-need-tyrod-taylor-to-save-their-quest-for-relevance/

11 hours ago, philibusters said:

I'll give them that.  They don't have a bad loss in terms of losing to a bad team yet.  Their five losses are to Dallas, San Fran, Buffalo, Miami, and Seattle.    We could definitely be 1-5 if we had played their schedule.  

I'm not sure the Seahawks should be put in with that group lol...and while we may have been 1-5 playing that schedule, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we would have scored more than just one offensive TD over the last 4 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They've had a brutal schedule.  They played Dallas and SF who have killer defenses while we played Denver and the Bears.  They also played Miami. 

The only easy game they've had was the Cards who they beat on the road in a close game. We beat the Cards also in a close game but at home.  They played the Bills much better than we did.

They are banged up as heck so we should beat them for that reason alone.  But heck even Logan Paulsen who typically is a homer and works for the team believes the Giants are a betrer coached team than ours.

I still predicted we win in a close game but I wouldn't be shocked if NY wins. 

23 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm not sure the Seahawks should be put in with that group lol...and while we may have been 1-5 playing that schedule, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we would have scored more than just one offensive TD over the last 4 games.

Yeah, I was going to say that they MAY have played better teams, but they didn't play better. And no, they didn't almost beat the Bills, they scored 9 points and the Bills only scored 14. I'm having a hard time processing that some people out there watch that game and thought that the Giants were doing the damage to the Bills. I hate when people say it, but the Bills were beating themselves and still won over the Giants with only 14 points. If we had gotten the Bills team that played the Giants, thats a win for us.

• Like 1

You simply can’t trust this team. You don’t know which team will show up.

Given the current state of the Giants, we should beat them with a score like 40-10. Thing is with this 23 team, the Giants could be the team to win 40-20.

Ron’s teams more often than not play down to the level of an even or weaker opponent; than rise to the level of a stronger opponent.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not sure how nearly 4 years into the Rivera regime, anyone can still convince themselves that this team is going to win a game because of x, y or z.

Exactly.  Our MO under Ron is to either win close games or get blown out.  Our biggest margin of victory under Rivera was that Thanksgiving game in Dallas back in 2020, when we won 41-16.  We haven’t beaten any opponent by more than 20 points since then. Even last year, when we played a truly horrific team like the Texans, we somehow only managed to win the game by 13.  We never blow teams out.  This team is untrustworthy, and it wouldn’t shock me to see us lose this game.  I have us winning in a nail bitter, but I could easily see us sleepwalking into MetLife and losing outright.

Edited by samy316

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not sure how nearly 4 years into the Rivera regime, anyone can still convince themselves that this team is going to win a game because of x, y or z.

I’m not sure how anybody who has watched this team since 1993 could convince themselves this team they could win any game for X, Y or Z reason. 

2 hours ago, profusion said:

I think it'll be a get-right game for the Giants. I don't trust the Commanders this year. ☹️

WAS 13

NYG 24

If we allow a team with a division 3 OL and backup QB which hasn’t scored an offensive touchdown in 3 weeks to get to 24 points, 2 things are true:

1. There is an actual curse on the Skins playing in NY and we should just forfeit all future games and take a second bye week. 

2. I don’t care who the replacement is, Jack needs to be left in New Jersey. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

1. There is an actual curse on the Skins playing in NY and we should just forfeit all future games and take a second bye week. 

Completely agreed, but then that Bears game shouldn't have happened, either.

I have no idea which Commanders team will show up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not sure how anybody who has watched this team since 1993 could convince themselves this team they could win any game for X, Y or Z reason. 

If we allow a team with a division 3 OL and backup QB which hasn’t scored an offensive touchdown in 3 weeks to get to 24 points, 2 things are true:

I've already convinced myself that the Giants will score more than 20 tomorrow.  It's what Washington does best, allow teams that have been struggling to have get right games, or create their momentum for the rest of the season by playing us.  The Giants haven't scored a TD in 3 GAMES, and they have yet to score an offensive TD in the first half the enrire year.  If you take out the game against the Cardinals, they've score a whopping 3 TD's on offense the ENTIRE YEAR.  How much do you want to bet that this changes tomorrow against us?  I know that most of their O-Line is out, and they will probably be playing a backup QB tomorrow in Tyrod Taylor, but considering Washington's history, it wouldn't shock me in the least if the Giants score over 20 tomorrow, and gain over 350 yards in offense just because.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, profusion said:

Completely agreed, but then that Bears game shouldn't have happened, either.

I have no idea which Commanders team will show up.

Bears weren’t nearly in the same place from an injury perspective.  And they had a starting QB who’s supposed to be good.  

This is different.  

If they lose they lose but if they lose it should be 6-3 and the offense turns the ball over 6 times.  

Our defense shouldn’t allow this team to score more than 13 points.  

5 hours ago, samy316 said:

Exactly.  Our MO under Ron is to either win close games or get blown out.  Our biggest margin of victory under Rivera was that Thanksgiving game in Dallas back in 2020, when we won 41-16.  We haven’t beaten any opponent by more than 20 points since then.

Hate to break it to you, but that's our MO under all coaches lol...between 2010-2019, this franchise has beaten an opponent by more than 20 points three times. 160 games...3 times. That's about once every 53 games. This franchise under Snyder has never been known for winning big. I'm not even sure we're known for winning, period lol...now another way to look at that stat is to say that between 2010-2019, we won 62 games (barf)...so we averaged one win by over 20 points once every 20 wins. That sounds better lol...