Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 7 - The Commanders @ The Giants

zCommander

32 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

This one being in New Jersey scares me.  Taylor and Jones are better than Ridder.  Both the Falcons and Giants have good defenses that can stop the run.  Whatever their sack total is for the year will be matched on Sunday.  

Giants - 20

Commies - 17

I feel the opposite. I like that we're on the road. So far we've been a better road team than home team, and if you get a lead on a NY team early the boo birds come out and it often turns into home field disadvantage.

I do agree though that playing in Jersey has been a house of horrors for us historically. We are so due.

• Like 3

I think this game comes down to two players:  Daniel Jones & Andrew Thomas.  If both are able to play on Sunday, then it's a loss for us.  We make Jones look like Steve Young whenever he plays us.  I think he owes his large contract to us and the Vikings, since we make him look like a Top 5 QB whenever we play him.  The Giants haven't scored a TD in 3 games, which is incredible to comprehend in today's NFL.  If Jones & Thomas are available, they will break that streak 100%.  If Jones & Thomas are out, I think we can win, because we can stop the run, and force Taylor to throw the ball, similar to how we defended the Falcons.  I think Waller will have a pretty good game, since we're allergic to stopping TE's, so it comes down to how we play the run.  If we can hold Saquon to under 100, I think we can win a low scoring affair:

If Jones & Thomas play:

Commanders 17

Giants            27

If both Jones & Thomas are out:

Commanders 17

Giants            13

Edited by samy316

19 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Stuff the run, keep a spy on DJ against those back-breaking 3rd down runs for conversions. Force him to earn his inflated salary.

If we lose this game, someone needs to be fired.

After that Bears game?  That ship has sailed....

Taylor makes me nervous, because he can run.

That being said, we got this.

35-17

18 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:
  Hide contents

FB_IMG_1697559601804.jpg.0ac2f3465c811a3c0cb7eae00f7b2274.jpg

heres the fun weekly rankings, but theres a category that says defenses that will **** you up, which not surpringly we're not part of.

nice to see Herbert moved to Kirk Cousins though.

Couple things I didn't think Id ever see; Detroit "Juggernaut" and Russell Wilson "Unlimited Amount of Ass".

The Fun and Frisky label for us has got to go.

21 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

We are 5th in the league in sacks.

I thought we were first in the league with sacks? Oh, you mean the other way, the good way.

If its any consolation, we have 34 and the Giants are hot on our tail with 33. Wonder who will lead after Sunday?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

They're not as bad as their record

Nah, if they weren't as bad as their record, then their record wouldn't be as bad as it is.

.....or something like that?

This will be similar to the tie game last year. Except this year, B Rob doesn't inexplicably run out of bounds instead of walking untouched into the endzone. Still mad at that.

21-20 Good guys.

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Couple things I didn't think Id ever see; Detroit "Juggernaut" and Russell Wilson "Unlimited Amount of Ass".

The Fun and Frisky label for us has got to go.

I thought we were first in the league with sacks? Oh, you mean the other way, the good way.

If its any consolation, we have 34 and the Giants are hot on our tail with 33. Wonder who will lead after Sunday?

Fun and Frisky is the nicest thing anyone has said about us in years. I love it.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

So, some random dude on twitter (Wesley Steinberg) is saying that Giants are making Tyrod Taylor the starting QB going forward. There have been rumors that DJ is injured for the year and that they were bring in QBs like Ian Brook so this is kinda believable. But I'm waiting for somebody more repudable. 

24 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

So, some random dude on twitter (Wesley Steinberg) is saying that Giants are making Tyrod Taylor the starting QB going forward. There have been rumors that DJ is injured for the year and that they were bring in QBs like Ian Brook so this is kinda believable. But I'm waiting for somebody more repudable. 

If we lose to Tyrod freaking Taylor we gotta fire people.

I'm going wishful this week -- Washington STOMPS the Giants, because for one weekend, both the Washington offense AND defense have good games.  However Slye misses a field goal and an extra point so ES'ers go back to screaming for Ron to cut Cheeseman.again.

Washington 30 , New York 16 ( Giants get 6 points set up by questionable ref calls)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

They brought in a couple of QBs this week, Barkley and Ian Book. Said they wernt happy with Taylor. No idea what if anything this means other than it doesn't sound like Jones is ready.

16 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Could very well be true but Wesley Steinberg is a satire account.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is usually the time of year that we go on a run and tank our draft position. I also can't see that Giants falling to 1-6. I didn't think they'd be that bad. Of course I thought they'd be really good and was very wrong.

Yep, I'm fully ready to win a few pointless games and then the next regime has another mid-round pick to deal with rather than getting some blue chipper early in the first. 

• Sad 1

The Eagles have about 12 starters out right now, too, so this could be the beginning of a 4 game win streak for us. Then we probably lose to the Seahawks, but then right at the Giants.

I could see us at 7-4 meeting up with the Cowboys and being in contention for the East.

I predict at least 10 sacks between both teams combined.

Giants O-line is worse than ours. We are gonna make life a nightmare for whoever they put behind center.

While NY has barely recorded any this year, they have some players capable of making it happen. They have simply been blown out in a bunch of games and that limits opportunity. Like all the other teams we have played w/ near non-existent pass rush, I think they find a way to grab a few vs us.