Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think the rules changed and they will no matter what. 

Not if we had scored a TD. Only if a FG. It's moot now. But the rules are if 1st team possessing scores a TD the game is over. If they score a FG the other team gets a possession. 

Solid game. That’s one of the best teams in the league. Howell looked solid all things considered. 

Happy to have a team that’s worth rooting for again. 2-2 through the first 4 is perfect. Mostly healthy. Things coming together. No complaints. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Rhazaghul said:

This defense is  just plain is trash.  We get an intentional grounding and you turn around and let them get most of the yards back on the next and set up the game winner.  Trash.  Everyone on that defense is expendable at this point from the coach on down.

Rushing four isn’t working. JDR…..”let’s do it again”!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We've done that way too many times to start drives today for sure.

Maybe we should have done the BRob sweep for the 2 pt conversion. 

I think that's our only two run plays.

I hate running on first down in general.  But if you’ve tried the same thing a few times and it’s just not working, try something else.  

• Like 2

Very exciting to finally have a QB who has IT.

Very disappointing that he’s saddled with a FO and coaching staff who very obviously don’t have anything close to IT.

He’ll have to start with another new staff all over again next year, keeping what he’s learned at least, thankfully—he’ll be okay, but I hate that it has to be that way for him. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, goskins10 said:

Not if we had scored a TD. Only if a FG. It's moot now. But the rules are if 1st team possessing scores a TD the game is over. If they score a FG the other team gets a possession. 

Oh right.  They changed it for the playoffs where both teams are guaranteed a possession. 

• Like 1

Just now, moondog said:

Jahan dropping that third down killed us. 

He made up for it at the end to send it to overtime though. This loss is all on Forbes. And the fact that we picked him as a first rounder to begin with. At least Dotson was a first round prospect. 

• Like 4