Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

Just now, tomwvr said:

Are there any good linebackers teams are shopping? A good linebacker would really help this defense

No he just looks completely lost on the sidelines . 

I get that. But I think he should have some leeway. They didn’t expect to be back in Wilson’s clutch so quickly.

58 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I would bring back Ron and EB to finish out their contract and keep the continuity for Howell to go deeper for a SB run. 

This would be my instinct as well. Make clear that 2024 needs to be a real contending year with 12+ wins.

58 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I would bring back Ron and EB to finish out their contract and keep the continuity for Howell to go deeper for a SB run. 

This would be my instinct as well. Make clear that 2024 needs to be a real contending year with 12+ wins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t see how they can bring Ron back without extending him.  I don’t see how they can extend him barring a huge improvement from here on out.

Can't they put a condition on it? Show me what you got in 2024 and if you don't you are out and if you do we will extend.

• Thumb up 1

i posted earlier this week that EVERYONE on the team needs to help Sam out, including the defense, and I stand by this statement. Sam has played well enough to be 3-1 to start this season and his defense has been bad. JDR needs to go and I'd do it this week. Soft coverages and bad penalties doomed us today or we win. I really believe our defense could be better with a better d-coordinator....I wonder what the players think?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t see how they can bring Ron back without extending him.  I don’t see how they can extend him barring a huge improvement from here on out.

"You need to prove yourself" would be the ultimate irony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Can't they put a condition on it? Show me what you got in 2024 and if you don't you are out and if you do we will extend.

It’s just rare to operate like that.  If you have him coach his last season on the deal, or do any type of extension with conditions - it’s a hard sell to free agents, coaches, etc. when wholesale changes are likely coming.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s just rare to operate like that.  If you have him coach his last season on the deal, or do any type of extension with conditions - it’s a hard sell to free agents, coaches, etc. when wholesale changes are likely coming.

Unless we go on some wild, unseen winning streak, Black Monday this year:

Fired Anchorman GIF - Fired Anchorman GIFs

I can also see Bieniemy finally getting an HC post. Raiders, Bears, maybe Chargers if the Charger again.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m ready for Ron & JDR to peace out.  I’m as weary of them as I was of Gruden.  No energy, no fire, lazy play calling, etc.  I’m just over them.

• Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, PolarExpress said:

I’m ready for Ron & JDR to peace out.  I’m as weary of them as I was of Gruden.  No energy, no fire, lazy play calling, etc.  I’m just over them.

I'm with you, especially with JDR. Former NFL fullback Jon Ritchie is on Philly sports talk radio today ripping on the defensive scheme that JDR employed yesterday. He called it "old school" defense that JDR refused to get out of even thought teams like New England and Minnesota showed that attacking Hurts is the way to go. I really believe we could bring in someone else to just tweak this defense and it would be much better. I wish we had gone after someone this offseason the same as we did with the offensive coordinator. RR is gonna go down with JDR if this keeps up. In fact, it might not be a bad move by new ownership to identify a defensive coordinator they like and replace JDR right now. Would love to hear from the players on what they think about JDR and his scheme/play calling. 

• Thumb up 1

We love to point out that we don't get the refs on our side and the calls go against us, but the Eagles are in the same boat, if not worse. Remember last year the blatant facemask that was overlooked to get us the fumble that won us the game? The Eagles are not an NFL darling like some teams are.

May be an image of 4 people, people playing football and text

15 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Didn’t hate not going for 2.  He would be killed if we went for it and didn’t make it.  Terry was inbounds IMO.  Team played hard on the road against a damn good team.  Disappointing but can’t say a lot about the team when they did what they did.  

My son is in Vegas.  I almost put some money on the Skins but have been burned to many times.  Lol.  Instead placed two small bets and will be taking some money from Vegas thank you very much.  

IMG_0192.png

Well done! I was so angry to see us at 3/1 to win during the game I had £250 on us. So close 😞

On 10/1/2023 at 8:49 PM, goskins10 said:

It's exactly the same thing. Not seeing any distinnction here. Doesn't matter if the reciever has the ball in thier hands or not. The WR can catch the ball in the air clearly in bounds then be carried out of bounds and i'ts not catch. 

That's what I thought until this was pointed out earlier in the thread::

1. If a player, who is in possession of the ball, is held up and carried out of bounds by an opponent before both feet or any part of his body other than his hands touches the ground inbounds, it is a completed or intercepted pass. It is not necessary for the player to maintain control of the ball when he lands out of bounds. 
    RULE 8 SECTION 1 ARTICLES 3-4

:229:The Rook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, The Rook said:

That's what I thought until this was pointed out earlier in the thread::

1. If a player, who is in possession of the ball, is held up and carried out of bounds by an opponent before both feet or any part of his body other than his hands touches the ground inbounds, it is a completed or intercepted pass. It is not necessary for the player to maintain control of the ball when he lands out of bounds. 
    RULE 8 SECTION 1 ARTICLES 3-4

:229:The Rook

Thanks for posting. How do they distinguish between being shoved out of bounds which is legal, and the above? Seems that a difficult thing to determine as a ref. I have never seen the above called. Must have to be agrgregious for them to call it. 

50 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Thanks for posting. How do they distinguish between being shoved out of bounds which is legal, and the above? Seems that a difficult thing to determine as a ref. I have never seen the above called. Must have to be agrgregious for them to call it. 

Yeah I assume it would have to be comically obvious—like catching a receiver in the air around his thighs and holding him upright as you run towards the sideline obvious lol 

On 10/1/2023 at 6:29 PM, Conn said:

lol, would be a sight to see. But the WR would never have established possession, given he never touched the field before going out. It’s a funny visual but it’s no different than pushing a guy out of bounds on the sideline while he’s in the air (after the ball is in his hands), functionally. 

I was just watching the Command center podcast and ironically while talking about the play that they robbed terry on Smoot answered this question.

He said the rule states that a defenders body is part of the field and so Terry's foot on top of the defender’s arm in bounds should have been a catch.

I also interpreted that to mean that if a defender ever did catch a receiver and carry him out of bounds his two feet down would become the receivers two feet down and make it a catch.

I could be wrong and It'll probably never happen but that's how I interpreted that explanation. 

• Thumb up 1

The real next level move would be to catch the receiver in the air, ranger carry him back to his end zone, and then throw him down on the ground for the safety.  He can't have forward progress if he never establishes himself in contact with the ground.  You'd have to keep him from throwing the ball on the ground to make it an incompletion though.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

The real next level move would be to catch the receiver in the air, ranger carry him back to his end zone, and then throw him down on the ground for the safety.  He can't have forward progress if he never establishes himself in contact with the ground.  You'd have to keep him from throwing the ball on the ground to make it an incompletion though.

I've always wanted to see 5 sumo wrestlers as the o line. They could mimick the old Dallas D lines of the 70s where the entire line stands up right before the snap, except they lift their left legs and then right legs before getting into their stance. Think they would be an improvement over what we currently have. I've only been drinking a little bit.

• Haha 1