Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

2 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Sorry that upset the cult of cousins 

Kirk doesn't have a cult, there's just a few posters that are impartial enough to realize he's the least worst QB this mess of a franchise has had since Brad Johnson.

So just elderly people. *Shakes fist*

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

The Cards are definitely not tanking. This is a pretty solid team. It's a great game, too.

As always, what the FO does to set up “tanking” through their roster moves is not the same as the effort of the coaches and players each week. I agree, that locker room is fighting hard. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

That isn’t the point you think it is, because to be “in possession” your feet need to have been down already and a football move made. What you posted is referring to a guy who already established possession and then was carried out. 

What we’re talking about is determining possession in the first place. 

Then it is poorly worded because it says "before both feet or any part of his body other than his hands touches the ground inbounds".

You cannot be in possession in the first place (in your example) without touching the ground.

Doesn't matter now.

:229:The Rook

6 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I thought a golden rule for end of game two-point conversions was "PLAY FOR THE WIN ON THE ROAD AND THE TIE AT HOME!"

In fairness, that is antiquated. The analytics folks have redone the metrics on that. 

I think they’d say go for the win no matter what. 

Just now, The Rook said:

Then it is poorly worded because it says "before both feet or any part of his body other than his hands touches the ground inbounds".

You cannot be in possession in the first place (in your example) without touching the ground.

Doesn't matter now.

yeah I edited, I was wrong on that once I re-read it again

sloppily written part of the rules though since they used the term “in possession” within a rule meant to add an exception in determining “possession” lol 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That was a rule change. It used to be they could call the defender ran the player out of bounds and call it a catch. Now, the defender can ridde them out and it's no catch. 

Yeah but that's a force out, I remember when they changed it and it became way too open to interpretation and they really needed to change it back which they did.

But I'm talking about a crazy event of a defender catching a receiver who had gone up and made a grab and then literally running him out of bounds.

It's not likely just because a defender would have to make a conscious decision to try to do it and they never do that but in an end of game situation I could see someone trying it someday.

41 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm still waiting for the day when a small receiver goes up for a catch and a linebacker catches him and runs him out of bounds.

Would that be considered a catch because the linebacker has possession of the receiver and gets two feet in?

I've always wondered what the call would be if that happened. 

A push out is out. The used to have a rule where if the recover was pushed out it would still be a catch, but they got rid of the rule cause it was too subjective.

23 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The jab I took at Bill has more to do with the media, I know Bill has probably never referred to himself as a genius but a genius should be able to figure it out in a couple of years which is why they're called a genius.  If you can't figure it out within 4 years then you're just like every other mediocre coach (Ron Rivera) in the league.

And I don't want to spend anymore time defending him because I want blow they ass out in a couple weeks for revenge...but key is exactly what you just said...

If he was walking around saying he was a genius and only one that could fix this, that's one thing.  But he's not, so it's the media that's wrong here, not the perpetual pattern and reality that is the NFL without a franchise QB, no matter that the franchise is.

My opinion here...

Edited by Renegade7

We looked like a 10-7 Wild Card team today. Much better than previous years under Rivera but still not good enough to be a contender. The question is whether you value continuity, progress, and being close enough to roll the dice on the staff another year and hope they make the jump next year.

Improve OL, DB, TE, LB and we should be right there at the top of the NFC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fairness, that is antiquated. The analytics folks have redone the metrics on that. 

I think they’d say go for the win no matter what. 

They'd definitely say go for 2 playing a team that is clearly better on offense and defense. Especially when you've just driven the field on them and they're gassed.

Rivera says that his guys are gassed though so he throws up the white flag. 

He'd be an actual pretty good coach if he didn't shoot himself in the foot so consistently.

9 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Just going be honest I think the cowboys are the best team in the division. They just have more of a play making defense than the eagles and there offense is very talented .

theyll get 13 wins this year and might upset the 49ers next week. 

Reported

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Me either...Kyle wasn't HC of the Falcons, but that'd be 3 super bowls if we count it (so I'm reluctant to in multiple context of we do)

He hasn't been to 2 with the 49ers though so I have no idea where you get 2 from then. He lost one to the Chiefs in Mahomes first SB. What else is there?

There are no moral victories and a loss is a loss but I still prefer having a spine and being competitive rather than getting my skull caved in.

The organizational faith in Cheeseman was unwarranted and absurd but he came thru in the clutch when they turned to him. I think turning to him to get the 1 could do a lot for his mindset, like a coach going back to his kicker after a miss in a must have situation.

14 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Just going be honest I think the cowboys are the best team in the division. They just have more of a play making defense than the eagles and there offense is very talented .

theyll get 13 wins this year and might upset the 49ers next week. 

I think they have a fatal flaw though. On D they are built for speed and to get after the passer - but outside of Hankins they are light. I think you load up and run at them, and especially run at Parsons. Make him defend the point of attack not have the opportunity to use his speed to chase plays from behind or get after the QB.

The 49ers are a bad match up for them. The Eagles are a better team for my money.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

There are no moral victories and a loss is a loss but I still prefer having a spine and being competitive rather than getting my skull caved in.

The organizational faith in Cheeseman was unwarranted and absurd but he came thru in the clutch when they turned to him. I think turning to him to get the 1 could do a lot for his mindset, like a coach going back to his kicker after a miss in a must have situation.

Yup, cheese isn't moldy unless one tastes it, in the public media.

You have to expose the funk for it to exist.

Excellent mind games Ron is playing here. The cheese won out.

Toast? Fondue!

Edited by SpacePenguin

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Yeah but that's a force out, I remember when they changed it and it became way too open to interpretation and they really needed to change it back which they did.

But I'm talking about a crazy event of a defender catching a receiver who had gone up and made a grab and then literally running him out of bounds.

It's not likely just because a defender would have to make a conscious decision to try to do it and they never do that but in an end of game situation I could see someone trying it someday.

it’s exactly the same thing. Either by accident or on purpose if the defender can get the receiver out of bounds before they can est themselves in bounds it’s no catch. So the defender can catch the player in bounds and carry them out and it’s no catch.  

6 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

We looked like a 10-7 Wild Card team today. Much better than previous years under Rivera but still not good enough to be a contender. The question is whether you value continuity, progress, and being close enough to roll the dice on the staff another year and hope they make the jump next year.

Improve OL, DB, TE, LB and we should be right there at the top of the NFC.

Agreed.  The hardest part of building a team is finding a top 10 QB.  If Howell keeps playing and learning like he has been this season, he will be a top 10 QB by the end of the year.  From there, it's just filling in holes.  

Got to give some credit to Rivera for drafting Howell.  It may be luck, but if you don't have a top 10 QB, you better draft one every year to find one. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I guess - I don’t think he meant it in that way.  There’s no shame in being gassed right there.  Not uncommon to need a breather.

Yeah but the Eagles D would have been just as gassed - and just given up a 90 yard come from behind TD drive. To be fair the odds of converting a 2 point conversion are roughly 50/50. So from an odds perspective going for 2 or heading to Overtime likely had about the same probability of getting the win.

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

He hasn't been to 2 with the 49ers though so I have no idea where you get 2 from then. He lost one to the Chiefs in Mahomes first SB. What else is there?

You right, 49ers found a way to get to a Superbowl with two QB's who now look just as run of the mill as anyone else (Kaepernick and Garrapalo)...Kyle as HC was only around for one of those.

San Fran pisses me off, they've pulled off two rebuilds back to back while we've circling around the drain for 30 years.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

You right, 49ers found a way to get to a Superbowl with two QB's who now look just as run of the mill as anyone else (Kaepernick and Garrapalo)...Kyle as HC was only around for one of those.

San Fran pisses me off, they've pulled off two rebuilds back to back while we've circling around the drain for 30 years.

And after throwing away 3 first round picks on a QB who bust.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1