Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

4 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Cousins couldn’t do that 😂

Not to take anything at all away from Howell today but just responding to this post—Cousins has done that many times in the last decade, especially in his Vikings years lol. He has his flaws and doesn’t seem to have the clutch gene when it matters most, but he’s had a ton of similarly dramatic and amazing 4th quarter comebacks. Not to mention we lost the game, so that Howell drive doesn’t even count towards that. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

And got the ball again versus losing right then and there...

You're throwing around High Risk / High Reward like its lower risk then what we did right now...

Someone already posted the stats, it is not high risk high reward it’s actually the higher percentage play. It’s riskier to go to OT in that situation, not safer. 

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

We may end up 5-2 and then end up 5-6

I'm sorry, am I the only one getting notifications for the beat down Dallas is giving the Patriots right now?

New England isn't that far away from looking like a team in need of a rebuild and getting a high pick to start it off.  And if there's any team in the division as bad or worse then us, its the Giants now.

I said 9-8 beginning of the season, I'm buying the whole thing collapses the way you suggesting it might.  But even the Rams and Jets are looking mad beatable right now...

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm still waiting for the day when a small receiver goes up for a catch and a linebacker catches him and runs him out of bounds.

Would that be considered a catch because the linebacker has possession of the receiver and gets two feet in?

I've always wondered what the call would be if that happened. 

lol, would be a sight to see. But the WR would never have established possession, given he never touched the field before going out. It’s a funny visual but it’s no different than pushing a guy out of bounds on the sideline while he’s in the air (after the ball is in his hands), functionally. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

He does? We’ve started slow every year he was running things and until this season played undisciplined, penalty-happy football for multiple years under Rivera. There’s no doubt his players like him but I don’t really see any evidence that he has a special talent for getting a team ready to play. 

I don’t think Ron could lose a locker room which is what I was responding to. Doesn’t mean they wouldn’t understand if he got replaced

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Someone already posted the stats, it is not high risk high reward it’s actually the higher percentage play. It’s riskier to go to OT in that situation, not safer. 

Ok, I'll look for that, it really does not feel that way, heat of the moment, and I have a lot of questions on the teams that do that and how good they are versus the teams that fail and how bad they are in situations like that.

So many factors, is that all taken into account when putting all the numbers on the table to decide what to do?

I was not confident our defense could stop them in OT, where's the math in regards to get the ball first (there's a lot of pages in this thread and I got the kids with me now, even throwing it to me and saying "I told you so" I could live with if I read it and agree you're right, I don't like it, but I'm not a HC, nor am I in the locker room after that game)

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

The Pats desperately need some of that Belichick genius to show up, it's been 4 years now, where did it go?  Did something happen 4 years ago?🤔

In all fairness, its the same thing every franchise goes through that doesn't immediately replace their HOF QB with another one when they leave or retire.

Even franchises we've considered the cream of the crop the last 10-20 years look just as bad as anyone else without one.

Bill deserves blame for not at least getting one that's not a bust...but then I feel bad for Tomlin...

What does this say about Kyle Shanahan to go to two Super Bowls without one?  He gets a lot of crap for not sealing the deal in either one, but it's hard to in that game without one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm still waiting for the day when a small receiver goes up for a catch and a linebacker catches him and runs him out of bounds.

Would that be considered a catch because the linebacker has possession of the receiver and gets two feet in?

I've always wondered what the call would be if that happened. 

That was a rule change. It used to be they could call the defender ran the player out of bounds and call it a catch. Now, the defender can ridde them out and it's no catch. 

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What does this say about Kyle Shanahan to go to two Super Bowls without one?  He gets a lot of crap for not sealing the deal in either one, but it's hard to in that game without one.

I would say Shanny looks like the genius out of those 3 because he continues to field a dominant team even though he's never had a real stud at QB.

The jab I took at Bill has more to do with the media, I know Bill has probably never referred to himself as a genius but a genius should be able to figure it out in a couple of years which is why they're called a genius.  If you can't figure it out within 4 years then you're just like every other mediocre coach (Ron Rivera) in the league.

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

lol, would be a sight to see. But the WR would never have established possession, given he never touched the field before going out. It’s a funny visual but it’s no different than pushing a guy out of bounds on the sideline while he’s in the air (after the ball is in his hands), functionally. 

1. If a player, who is in possession of the ball, is held up and carried out of bounds by an opponent before both feet or any part of his body other than his hands touches the ground inbounds, it is a completed or intercepted pass. It is not necessary for the player to maintain control of the ball when he lands out of bounds. 
    RULE 8 SECTION 1 ARTICLES 3-4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Matt Ryan was league MVP so I'm not sure if he counts. 

Sorry, the Eagles look like a paper tiger. They needed OT to beat us at home.

Needed 4 turnovers to beat Kirk Cousins in prime time.

Beat the Patriots by 5, who are not good.

This team has a reality check coming against SF, BUF, MIA, among others.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:
  1. If a player, who is in possession of the ball, is held up and carried out of bounds by an opponent before both feet or any part of his body other than his hands touches the ground inbounds, it is a completed or intercepted pass. It is not necessary for the player to maintain control of the ball when he lands out of bounds. 

Wow.  It could be said the defender's arm held him up and it "carried" Terry's foot out of bound.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok but he should have kept his damn mouth shut and not said anything about them being gassed 

They were so gassed that he chose to take the ball and expect them to drive the field instead of just run 1 play.

Makes sense. :headbang:

11 minutes ago, Hogs86 said:

Edit: hmm I may have been incorrect on that actually, editing it. So “holding up” someone is different than just pushing them, that makes sense I guess 

Edited by Conn

24 minutes ago, Conn said:

if it actually happened it might lead to the restoration of the push out rule, though

29 minutes ago, Conn said:

Not to take anything at all away from Howell today but just responding to this post—Cousins has done that many times in the last decade, especially in his Vikings years lol. He has his flaws and doesn’t seem to have the clutch gene when it matters most, but he’s had a ton of similarly dramatic and amazing 4th quarter comebacks. Not to mention we lost the game, so that Howell drive doesn’t even count towards that. 

Sorry that upset the cult of cousins 

• Haha 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

The sideline at the Linc has rejuvenating qualities, don’t you know?

he had the timeout before the play, the gathering together for the coin toss, the commercial break and the kickoff  That's at least three or four minutes