Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

The Eagle had less yards rushing than Washington

Foreal, thing we did well was actually stop the run well and pressured the eagles better than they did to us lol.

browns annoying that dude single handly won them the game and I hope Forbes learns from this. Times it was coverage but that last TD he gave up he got cooked 

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, MartinC said:

5 sacks. That’s too many still - but I don’t charge any to Sam. At least one on Gibson and a couple of Cosmi. 

I think there were 2 which I can remember Sam holding the ball, where he could have gotten rid of it.  

Gibson totally biffed one protection.  The question is, what was he told his responsibility was? Or does he even need to be told.

Wylie gave one up late which the guy got around him.  He managed to push him behind Sam, but he stuck his hand out and got Sam anyway.

Overall, I agree.  it was a MUCH MUCH MUCH cleaner game from Sam than last week, when he was responsible for ~6 of the sacks.  

They need to just keep working. The OL is going to be what the OL is.  But if it is as good as it was today, they can win 9-10 games IF AND ONLY IF they get QB play at the same level or better than they got today.  

• Like 2

Just now, markmills67 said:

So Mr Rivera has said he was thinking of going for the 2 point conversion but that our O was gassed, surely that means the Philly D was gassed to? Well fellow Skins fans strap yourself in for another fantastic Rivera 7 game win season.

I hate that he throws our guys under the bus publicly like that 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Folks.

You don't go for two. You secure the chance to go to overtime for the win. 

With our makeshift offensive line and are ineffective defense, we remained in the game and completed the final drive with 5 second on the clock.

That said, I believe Terry was in bounds.   And even without that play we had a chance to make the stop on the following possession in overtime.

We got beat by a better offensive and defensive line.  Looking forward to seeing them again.

Yeah this is where I stand too. When I heard the TD call, the first thing out of my mouth was "KICK THE PAT AND GO TO OT!" 

We had a good game today but the Eagles are still the defending conference champions and are playing like they're gonna defend so far this season. You give yourself a chance to win it in OT, which we did have, rather than risk losing by 1 in regulation. 

This team is not there yet. They're just not. They may not be there next season, either. The Eagles are there, loathe as I am to admit it. They are the class of the conference and were it not for some weird bounces going against them in the last Super Bowl, they'd be the defending league champions right now. That we took them to OT today is astounding. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The other killer play was the Dotson drop on third downright at the beginning of the second half.  They were up 17-13 at that point.  Granted, a long way to go, but that's a 1st down around mid-field.  Get points there, even a FG, and things could have been different. 

That was a big moment in the game.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

So Mr Rivera has said he was thinking of going for the 2 point conversion but that our O was gassed, surely that means the Philly D was gassed to? Well fellow Skins fans strap yourself in for another fantastic Rivera 7 game win season.

not really, no.  You can't run hurry up on a conversion and you don't rotate OL the way you do DL.  The Iggles could have probably had five or six fresh guys vs three or four for us

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I hate that he throws our guys under the bus publicly like that 

I don't even think he realizes it.  I think he just talks.  

If there was anybody who needs to spend a week with Bill Belichick learning how to grunt and give non-answers, it's him.

Though, the Bill Belichick answer about what he thought of Travis Kelce possibly dating Taylor Swift was gold. "Well I would say that Travis Kelce's had a lot of big catches in his career. This would be the biggest."

My favorite though, was eons ago, the most typical Bill B. answer of all time.  We were playing the Patriots, I think it was 2007.  Somebody asked if he had an update on some injurred player. "No." (very long pause.) "Sorry."  

33 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

That's the stupidest thing I've heard him say yet.  Like the worst by far.

The defense was gassed and demoralized.  The offense was running on adrenaline.

What a stupid decision and stupid reasoning for said stupid decision.

He needs to retire, he’s a shell of himself (and he was never good). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

this is why this is more than a moral victory.  it gives us a better clue what this O can do against after having being even with a couple lousy teams and being blown out by a very good team.  It suggests Buffalo was the aberration

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

I just did a google search teams that take the 1point xp only win 40 percent of the time, but teams that go for 2 instead of ot are successful  50 percent of the time.

what percentage actually go for it though?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Can't get a good read on these guys yet. They just seem kinda all over the place. Way too many variables from week to week. I can't tell you if they'll win in a blowout, or lose in a blowout themselves

They may throw up in themselves and make us look better then we are.

Another home sell out with free kol-aid for everyone : )

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’m fine with EB throwing his hat in the ring for the OC spot under the new staff our new HC will put together (that our new GM hires). I don’t really have interest in him being the HC here as things stand right now. I reserve the right to change my mind on that.  

I would love to have EB as our HC.  He is a high energy guy that knows football.  Our offense is turning a corner to being a top 10 unit.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

this is why this is more than a moral victory.  it gives us a better clue what this O can do against after having being even with a couple lousy teams and being blown out by a very good team.  It suggests Buffalo was the aberration

Moral victory for the offense not the defense. I think it makes it interesting as for whether we want like 95 million on the cap for the D line if we brought all 4 back 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

For those mad about Rivera not going for 2, hindsight is 20/20 especially they don’t get the 2-point conversion.  Plus Rivera has a terrible history when it comes down to this particular situation.  Loss is on the defense in OT for not getting a stop

As much as I think Rivera is a completely

bland, middle of the road coach who should be fired sooner rather than later, it was the right call.  If they went for it and Eagles D made a play and lost he'd be castigated for not going to OT with momentum. 

The D didn't step up, Young was missing in action too often, especially with Payne and Allen receiving so much attention. Sweat needed to get to Hurts more too.

As for the linebacker situation... it's remains as bad as it has been for a long time. Davis flashes but then misses open field tackles. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

We seem to mostly play to our opponents level, this the mediocrity and .500 seasons. Every now and then we get blown out but I can’t remember us blowing out too many opponents. 

all that said, the bears are actively tanking. 

Yeah, we've done better in primetime.under Rivera, but last time I can think of us kicking someones ass at home at night was, what, the Raiders, and wasn't that Jay?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1