Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

You literally never know.  

We also beat Dallas with McCoy.

Strange things happen.  

Unless we’re playing the Giants.  We get no help from the Football Gods against the Giants for some reason.  

I could also win the lottery tomorrow, but there's pretty good odds that I won't.

• Like 1

Just now, MartinC said:

You point is reasonable but It didn’t kill Peyton being kept in games in his rookie year. I’d let him finish - don’t take the easy way out and also show him he’s the guy come what may. 

He’s going to finish the game by handing off to (hopefully) that RB we drafted who we probably should elevate over Gibson. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We cant give him one play with a clean pocket to stabilize. 

Not sure about this, so if he has quality weapons and a quality O line, wouldn’t most QB’s be good in that scenario? He can’t just rely on everything around him being perfect he has to be able to perform with what he has and show signs also

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Whoever picked the bills for alumni game should be fired 

there’s several reasons doing that requires you to be stupid. 

outside of that - whatever. If he can’t handle a bad game he’s not the right guy anyways. 

I think he’ll be fine. 

Agreed on that, fireable offense for sure.

As for Sam, he’s shown to be resilient in the past.  But this is an ass-whipping for the ages.  5th rounders don’t get too many of these before they start holding clipboards.

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

Do great QBs have games like this?

Yes

Id love to see the remnants of this fanbase if they have to go through a rookie qb season and associated single games like:  
Terry Bradshaw

Troy Aikman

both Mannings (Eli bring great is debatable but I’d damn sure take his Super Bowls)

• Like 2

Just now, MartinC said:

You point is reasonable but It didn’t kill Peyton being kept in games in his rookie year. I’d let him finish - don’t take the easy way out and also show him he’s the guy come what may. 

I can't get behind that given our quarterback history with injuries. The diminishing returns on this is incalculable relative to the potential for injury behind this **** line.