Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

Just now, Conn said:

Yeah, you never know. That’s the beauty of sports. But good teams win most of the time and bad teams lose most of the time, that’s how it shakes out. I know it makes you feel better to believe in the randomness of outcomes and that you can’t schedule scout but it comes off as desperate. Good teams beat bad teams most of the time, with some variance—and more variance in division games, yes. 

You’re right. But so many strange things happen in division games because both teams know each other so well.

Most likely we lose.  

But if there was a totally unexpected beating of a good team, I think it’s in division.

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Good or likely super bowl contender?

That distinction doesn’t matter to me, the point is the Broncos are a terrible team and we barely stumbled past them. The only time they looked like a professional football team this year was against us. 

Just now, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

True, but giving him that much of an easy out isn’t correct. He’s still contributed to many of his own problems by holding onto the ball too long, and being inaccurate 

I don’t think it’s an easy out. Howell has made way too many mistakes today. But the OL has directly contributed to more sacks than Howell… 

If you have vet QB you can have a mediocre line and do fine.

If you have a mediocre/developing QB and you have a decent OL you can do fine. 

If you have a developing QB and the worst line in football the combination is overbearing and you’re going to have a bad time. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2