Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I will say this @Skinsinparadise @KDawg if Forbes can put some meat on his bones he's the best CB in the draft hands down, IMO.  His anticipation is far above all the other CBs in the draft.  He's smart and plays well.  Size and pencil frame concerns me but extremely excellent and hi I.Q. CB.  

Best CB in the draft hands down?  Where you saying that on the draft thread, if so cool, i just don't recall that level of gushing.  :D

I disagree even with meat on his bones, he'd be the best.   But certainly the best ball hawk.  And maybe the best off-coverage zone CB.  

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 10.24.32 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I’m not going to say it was a reach, or I have any issue with the player.  

And I might piss off all of the BPA people, but at some point you have to consider roster building.

2017 - Jon Allen

2018 - Daron Payne

2019 - Montez Sweat + Haskins

2020 - Chase Young

2021 - Jamin Davis

2022 - Jahan Dotson

2023 - Forbes

That’s just too much attention all in a row to the wrong side of the ball. 

We had a Perry good defense and a horrendous offense.  

Drafting another CB isn’t going to help you win games.  Even if the defense is too 5, and I don’t think this pick really helps with that, it doesn’t matter.

The needed to go offense in the first round and get a starter somehow. 

And they failed spectacularly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RWJ said:

Thoughts on Ivan Pace.  Smallish size but baller, K!

I’ve been among his biggest fans here. Great pass rusher. Small. Wouldn’t do the same things Campbell would. Could play a role. Probably a later round pick. 

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Well if there's one thing you can count on from this team, it's blowing it, so you'll be fine.

I’m not convinced we blew it with Forbes. We took a player with a lot of talent. But the 166-170 pound frame in the NFL scares me for longevity. If he survives we got a damn good player.

• Like 2

CBSSports' Pete Prisco gave the Emmanuel Forbes selection an 'A.'

"I love this kid. He has good length, but he is lean at 170 pounds. Even so, he will throw his body around. But you draft him because he's an elite cover player who fills an immediate need. He is going to upgrade an already good defense."

13 mins ago
  • Like 4

I laugh when I read all you all overreact over draft picks. Half of you all are always wrong, the other half try to follow the negativity bandwagon. What do I know? Nothing, like the rest of you all. Lol let’s just see how it plays out before you bust another nut. Or just keep complaining and pretend you’re a scout but sitting at a keyboard. Or on your phone on the couch lol. Relax guys, it’s April.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I predict he'll be playing off LOS to avoid getting ragdolled.

Given the amount of off man and zone we play that’s a safe bet! But at some point he will have to step up and force against the run.

• Like 1