Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explain Your Avatars, People!!!

I've changed mine over the years...right now my current is my favorite comic book villain, if for any reason he's so convinced he's doing the right thing he doesn't see himself as a villain at all. 

A reminder that even if you are right that if you go about it the wrong way, it can be like you never right in the first place...and risk becoming the very monster you are claiming to be fighting...

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

One of my big Rock Cartwright memories?  

He did an interview. Where he mentioned that the Redskins had a team tradition. 

When a RB has a 100 yard game, he owes the OL a dinner. 

Rock did it once. And he told the interviewer that he felt bad about it. That he apologized to his teammates that, in the first year of his rookie contract as a seventh round draft pick, it had to be a cheap dinner. He said he took them to a buffet. 

And ever since reading that, I've tried to imagine the reactions of the staff, when the Redskins OL shows up at their buffet. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Larry said:

One of my big Rock Cartwright memories?  

He did an interview. Where he mentioned that the Redskins had a team tradition. 

When a RB has a 100 yard game, he owes the OL a dinner. 

Rock did it once. And he told the interviewer that he felt bad about it. That he apologized to his teammates that, in the first year of his rookie contract as a seventh round draft pick, it had to be a cheap dinner. He said he took them to a buffet. 

And ever since reading that, I've tried to imagine the reactions of the staff, when the Redskins OL shows up at their buffet. 

Alvin Walton was my Rock Cartwright  

(actually,  Rock Cartwright, was my Rock Cartwright, too.... I liked him from his name alone.  Rock was more Cartwright than ANY of the other Cartwrights)

d5692b2d744439f254523516436585c0.jpg

but...back to Alvin Walton.    A kinda slow 180 pound pro football player (and I think they were generous with that 180 pounds) whose meat and potatoes was HITTING people so hard that they forgot who and where the hell they were.   Those over-size shoulder pads (for a DB, no less!).      THAT was 1980s Redskins football----  to me, at least.

alvin-walton-of-the-washington-redskins-

I'm pretty sure Danny White was about to wet his pants...

autographed-alvin-walton-8x10-washington

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

14 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I remember Cartwright.   I really, really liked him and he was a very solid returner. 

I also remember that he fumbled away the game at the goal line against the Panthers.

I remember because I was pissed and blamed him in no small part for for costing us the game and a fellow member, (former member?), you know who it is if you were around back then, tore me a new asshole about it. 

She was a friend of the Cartwright's family and he could do no wrong, in her eyes. 😂

That former member was insufferable.

9 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

Those over-size shoulder pads (for a DB, no less!).      THAT was 1980s Redskins football----  to me, at least.

alvin-walton-of-the-washington-redskins-

Football needs a return to the oversized shoulder pads.  And mohawks, too.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just thought this photo of Jay Schroeder was hilarious.

f6c5c51033da806189a3348531e1bc22.jpg

Despite being CRUSHED the evening before watching that game, my sister and I cracked up when we saw that (or a very similar) picture in the Post the next day. We as elementary school kids thought he looked like a duck. 

But I was so mad all week...I was barely aware of the 1982 Super Bowl team and so disappointed in the 1983 letdown. So I was positive 1986 was my year. 

Oh, and mine is just dumb-dumb Dan Snyder, obviously. 

Edited by TD_washingtonredskins
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Mine features Brooks Buford and Danny "Boone" Alexander from my favorite band "Rehab", circa late 90s. If you like rock/rap, check out their albums "Southern Discomfort" and "Cuzwecan". They're pretty fly for a couple of white guys.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

@Spaceman Spiff

Here's another new disclosure from the Jumbo files. 😁

That former member attempted initiating a little x-rated phone activity with me within a year after I'd  joined the old guard mod staff.

And, according to that member and several in-the-know mods and other ES longtimers, actually had an off and on torrid fling with Mr. Cartwright while he was on the team.

I'm here with the long forgotten secret salacious headlines for your edification and entertainment. 👹 😉😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@Spaceman Spiff

That former member attempted initiating a little x-rated phone activity with me within a year after I'd  joined the old guard mod staff.

And, according to that member and several in-the-know mods and other ES longtimers, actually had an off and on torrid fling with Mr. Cartwright while he was on the team.

I'm here with the long forgotten secret salacious headlines for your edification and entertainment. 👹 😉😆

Oh, I'd heard the rumors about the fling with Cartwright.  The 1-900 action with you, I had no idea about though.  :ols: 

17 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I don't know who that bloke is. He just haunts over my posts 😒

If you mean your avatar, it looks to me like a young James Cagney, a versatile multitalented movie star who, along with Edward G. Robinson, was a true OG  of the great Hollywood gangster movies of the 30's and 40's. And no, I'm not that old 😏, but I saw those movies on tv as a kid and loved them.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That former member was insufferable.

Football needs a return to the oversized shoulder pads.  And mohawks, too.  

AMEN!!!!

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

@Spaceman Spiff

This just keeps getting better and better!

The smarmy "I'm an insider and close friends with Cartwrights'  so my **** doesn't stink and you're a pissant" attitude was, shall we say, a bit disconcerting....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

The smarmy "I'm an insider and close friends with Cartwrights'  so my **** doesn't stink and you're a pissant" attitude was, shall we say, a bit disconcerting....

I vaguely remember this poster, but cannot put my finger on her...