Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Explain Your Avatars, People!!!

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Dang, I had no idea the mods had those extra perks. Somebody sign me up!

Well...youd have to be careful...them were some long ass fingernails she had

Edited by Xameil
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

If you mean your avatar, it looks to me like a young James Cagney, a versatile multitalented movie star who, along with Edward G. Robinson, was a true OG  of the great Hollywood gangster movies of the 30's and 40's. And no, I'm not that old 😏, but I saw those movies on tv as a kid and loved them.

That is definitely James Cagney, looks like a publicity still from "The Public Enemy".
He's got another one in his sig line, i figured he knew who it was.
we know him now as a gangster actor, but back then he was a singer and dancer. The "you dirty rat, you killed my brudda" character was way out of type for him then.

~Bang

• Thumb up 2

20 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

Mine is the cover to Edward Gorey's picture book, the "Ghaslycrumb Tinies"

gashlycrumb1.jpg?w=680&ssl=1

I don;t remember what my avatar was before this one, but at the time (almost 15 years ago!!?? 🙉 )  my daughter brought this book to her kindergarten class.    We got a very polite hand written letter from the 21 year old teacher thanking us for sharing the book, and asking us to not allow our child to bring any more books to class.  ever.

https://www.themarginalian.org/2011/01/19/edward-gorey-the-gashlycrumb-tinies/

^This is everything!

10 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

but...back to Alvin Walton.    A kinda slow 180 pound pro football player (and I think they were generous with that 180 pounds) whose meat and potatoes was HITTING people so hard that they forgot who and where the hell they were.   Those over-size shoulder pads (for a DB, no less!).      THAT was 1980s Redskins football----  to me, at least.

alvin-walton-of-the-washington-redskins-

I'm pretty sure Danny White was about to wet his pants...

I loved Alvin Walton. He's definitely one of my favorite players in WFT history. I'm pretty sure his name was actually Alvin MF Walton though...or at least that's what I always ended up yelling after he blew another player up.

As for my avatar, it's pretty self-explanatory. Lord Farquaad is Satan. Once we're free of his tyranny, I may go back to Huey Freeman, a representation of my Black nationalist leanings, but I haven't entirely made up my mind yet.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

think "Dollar Store Cougar Barbie."

And YOU CANT STOP THE COUNT

I Google imaged "hefty middle-aged blonde" and "Texas middle aged blonde" to provide context but nothing really came up.

For those wondering, think Connie Britton from the Friday Night Lights TV show, except much more blonde, with some extra weight up top, and add some years of smoking Marlboros.  That's vaguely what I remember.

Anyway, I just randomly change my avatar when I come across something that makes me laugh.  And seriously, how can you turn down Ken?  He's by request only, dammit!

https://www.grayflannelsuit.net/blog/music-from-the-worst-album-covers-ken-by-request-only

I think before this one, I used a photo of the Shockmaster from that glorious few months he was in WCW.

And the signature needs no explanation.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Forehead said:

I Google imaged "hefty middle-aged blonde" and "Texas middle aged blonde" to provide context but nothing really came up.

For those wondering, think Connie Britton from the Friday Night Lights TV show, except much more blonde, with some extra weight up top, and add some years of smoking Marlboros.  That's vaguely what I remember.

Funny, I never met her in person, but that's pretty much how I pictured her in my mind's eye. I didn't realize she'd been banned or flew the coop.

21 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Wait til they tell you what DavyNave was offering.

the amanda show nicksplat GIF

Continuing with my off topic trips down memory lane 😁 (I think this is one of @TK 's faves):

Warning: This is a long set-up for the punch line.

NavyDave 's main activity here took the form of very right wing type posting on political threads back in pre-2004 to approx 2010 I believe. He would often state he was black with the seeming intent of that adding credibility to the rightwing agendas he supported.

Another feature of his activity was he didn't seem to interact with, let alone debate, posters who countered his statements.

He also gathered a handful of penalties, none from any real vitriolic outbursts, but more "standard" violations, particularly rule 18 violations. Yet I and other mods never perma-banned him.

After years of this, and given the above about him never really engaging with posters challenging him I decided to temporarily put him in this wonderful setting we used to have in old software (TK loved it too, and we both miss it) called "invisible." 

Once applied, everything about posting would seem normal to the member. But other posters couldn't see his posts. 😁😈

As I predicted, he continued without change even though no one ever responded since his posts were invisible to everyone on the board except him or mods. 😛

Now the big payoff here is I wanted to see how long it would take him to figure out something was awry as most people on it noted things were off within a few days or a week or two and would pm a mod about it.

NavyDave posted without noting anything for well over a year and we just let him go on. 😆

He eventually was restored, told about it, and still posted for some time before he moved on to that other site where all our rightwingers went. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

We sure he was actually real?
We had another right wing expert on everything here until relatively recently that I suspected either wasn't real, or certainly not wat he said he was. (I think i may have even said so to Jumbo)

He has followed me on Twitter recently.
Well, he's real, and the photos he's popped up confirm pretty much every stereotype. Gabby Hayes with fewer teeth and a scraggly beard.

Thankfully, I've muted him to not be subject to the dopiness should it arise

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Kurt Gouveia became one of my favorite "overlooked" Redskins during the Super Bowl run in 1992.  He had 3 interceptions in their 3 playoff games.  He was definitely a huge part of that team, but not someone you think of when you think of franchise greats.

Years later, 7/11 had a giveaway where they attached a small circular collectible of a Redskins' player attached to the bottom of their Slurpee cups (basically imagine a small round baseball card- this was a really low-end promotion).  I didn't buy the Slurpee because of the promotion but I did pull off the collectible and it was Kurt Gouveia-- specifically that picture of him celebrating his interception in Super Bowl XXVI.  I kept the collectible for a few years but threw it out at some point.

Darrell Green and Kurt Gouveia are still my 2 favorite Redskins players ever.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

On 4/13/2023 at 11:41 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Who is the mod you are talking about?  I don't remember any of this.

I'm not clear on the question. If you mean who is the unnamed woman member alluded to, she wasn't a mod.

However she did posture herself as a member of very special status and a few of the old guard mod staff did accord her copious indulgence, but that's per my take and I had only been around a few years at the time.

She was not liked much by other mods though and actively disliked by many regular members.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/12/2023 at 9:12 AM, Jumbo said:

@Spaceman Spiff

Here's another new disclosure from the Jumbo files. 😁

That former member attempted initiating a little x-rated phone activity with me within a year after I'd  joined the old guard mod staff.

And, according to that member and several in-the-know mods and other ES longtimers, actually had an off and on torrid fling with Mr. Cartwright while he was on the team.

I'm here with the long forgotten secret salacious headlines for your edification and entertainment. 👹 😉😆

I once helped that former member set herself up to stream the game once...we connected on Yahoo messenger, I believe. I patiently talked her through the process (she earned her ES member name, that's all I'll say lol), and she kept being really complimentary throughout the the entire thing...and then towards the end when she finally got the stream up and running, her...um..."compliments" took a sudden turn into being more salacious, and I felt uncomfortable and said "Ok, well gonna go watch the game" and she thanked me profusely and I logged off messenger. That same day she kept posting on here calling me her "hero" lol...I think I made a joke about Rock Cartwright getting jealous and beating me up as a result.

• Haha 4