Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: U.S. attorney reviewing documents marked classified from Joe Biden's vice presidency found at Biden think tank

China

12 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Wait a minute, so Biden knew about this before the election, hid it from the public to sway the election and then basically crippled the GOP in the midterms? **** yeah, Let's go, Biden!!!

Sorry, but in order to beat the GOP, you've gotta play like them to some extent. I'm not saying you've got to get down in the muck with them, but this "they go low, we go high" garbage doesn't work. Does it make Biden look bad? Maybe, who cares? No one can do anything about it for two years and it will be forgotten by that point. If the GOP is dumb enough to try to use it as a rallying cry, use Trump's, worse doc scandal as a counterpoint.

Let the GOP investigate, they will run this nothing burger into the ground with so much chaos and bull****, that no one will care even if they did find something. Joe Biden is turning out to be my favorite president in my lifetime, especially when juxtaposed with Obama. Carry on, Dank Brandon!

Nah...no way in hell there was any chance that the Biden doc story coming out 4 days before the election would have changed anything, at all. For starters, a ****load of voters had already voted early and thus before the document story would have come out. Second, the list of reasons people did not want a republican congress easily overwhelms any negative repercussions that might have been generated from the Biden doc story at the time. People cared far more about:

- the conservative Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade

- republican politicians saying en masse that they want to force 14 year old rape victims to carry their pregnancy

- the GOP being totally against student loan forgiveness

- GOP candidates not shutting the hell up about "stolen" elections

- have candidates so stupid they talk about vampires and werewolves instead of policy

- thinking the republican ex-president declassifying top secret documents with his mind made total sense

I'm sure Biden wasn't in any rush to personally tell the public he found classified documents he took with him, but I'm not thinking it was any type of him beating the republicans at their own game. I agree completely, though, that nobody will care 2 years from now and that the GOP investigating will result in little more than fevered tweeting by people whose reputations were flushed down the toilet long ago anyway (with the caveat that if--IF--the GOP investigations actually turn up some legit evidence of foul play, then all bets are off).

• Thumb up 1

Fwiw Obama would NOT be eligible for VP. 

The 22nd Amendment restricts a candidate from being elected to the presidency for more than two terms. The 12th Amendment states that a vice president can not be selected if they are not eligible for president. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
Forgot the Not

On 1/17/2023 at 10:14 PM, dfitzo53 said:

OK, I'll bite, what part of this coming to light has anything to do with Republicans taking the house?

I dont trust any of the guys in dc. I believe just from what i have seen from our wonderful government that if the gop had not won the house and announced they were going to investigate the archives to see what was going on with trump.  It is bad optics that biden did not announce this to the media until the week the gop took over

13 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Wait a minute, so Biden knew about this before the election, hid it from the public to sway the election and then basically crippled the GOP in the midterms? **** yeah, Let's go, Biden!!!

Sorry, but in order to beat the GOP, you've gotta play like them to some extent.

I respect this argument way more than the idea that it’s not a big deal or issue or not worth talking about. 

government officials being careless with classified documents matters. 

the idea of doing what trump did is mind blowing but also just being careless with classified documents matters. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomwvr said:

I dont trust any of the guys in dc. I believe just from what i have seen from our wonderful government that if the gop had not won the house and announced they were going to investigate the archives to see what was going on with trump.  It is bad optics that biden did not announce this to the media until the week the gop took over

This is gibberish.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, tshile said:

I respect this argument way more than the idea that it’s not a big deal or issue or not worth talking about. 

government officials being careless with classified documents matters. 

the idea of doing what trump did is mind blowing but also just being careless with classified documents matters. 

I think for a lot of people, the fact that the GOP is being so disingenuous about the whole thing, makes Biden look not as guilty as Trump. In fact, I think Biden should lean into this, be transparent with the public and say that he accepts any punishment the DOJ wishes to hand down. Set the example and force the GOP to follow it with Trump. 

...Or be Dark Brandon, he's cool too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/21/politics/white-house-documents/index.html

CNN — 

Justice Department investigators on Friday found additional classified material after conducting a search of President Joe Biden’s Wilmington, Delaware, home, the president’s personal attorney said in a statement.

Bob Bauer said that during the search, which took place over nearly 12 hours Friday, “DOJ took possession of materials it deemed within the scope of its inquiry, including six items consisting of documents with classification markings and surrounding materials, some of which were from the President’s service in the Senate and some of which were from his tenure as Vice President. DOJ also took for further review personally handwritten notes from the vice-presidential years.”

Whatever, it's not as if Biden was the one cleaning out his office. 

26 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Still crooked to hide your official government business on private email servers

Actually, I agree. Setting up a back door email system, to me, speaks to intent. The only reason for doing so, is to give you the option to destroy evidence. 

It just appears that she didn't. I assume, because she knew that she didn't need to. 

• Thumb down 1

On 1/21/2023 at 8:19 PM, PokerPacker said:

Still crooked to hide your official government business on private email servers

And to wipe the servers when you realize you’ve been caught. 

On 1/21/2023 at 8:49 PM, Larry said:

It just appears that she didn't. I assume, because she knew that she didn't need to. 

They wiped the servers. You have no idea if she destroyed evidence or not 

all we have is a clear move to give them the ability to hide stuff if they wanted. 

and a bunch of people that are OK with it cause they like her. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

At this point, you have to assume that if classified docs are allowed to leave secure facilities, that there's scores of them all over the place.  Obama, Bush, Clinton, Gore, Cheney, etc and all their cabinet people probably have classified stuff laying around in boxes or drawers somewhere.  And if they're not actively looking to make sure they don't, they're foolish.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

They wiped the servers. You have no idea if she destroyed evidence or not 

They wiped the servers after the judge ruled that she had complied with the order. 

And around half of the emails she deleted, were recovered from other sources, like the other party. And gee, there wasn't anything there, either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only people who really protect classified documents are contractors. Actual feds face no real consequences and are pretty lose with the rules. I have to assume the further up you get the worse that is. 

They don't care. For the most part the really scary stuff doesn't leave the SCIF anyway. SAP **** is what you are really worried about. I doubt Pence or Biden had that stuff. I would find it hard to believe Trump did too. But apparently he went out of his way to get it. 

• Like 1

Spent some time working with/for contractors 

they would just fax **** home, so they could work in the evening. Or usb drive it. 

reporting a mishandling was such a pain in the ass. They come take whatever they want. You get it back whenever they want and in whatever condition they choose. 

I don’t think things really buttoned up until we had the series of leaks that included Manning and Snowden.