Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: U.S. attorney reviewing documents marked classified from Joe Biden's vice presidency found at Biden think tank

China

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

It's pretty much impossible to know who is a good candidate based on only foresight. But is very easy to tell with hindsight.

Just look at the result.

Just pointing out:  

It would appear that a huge (dangerously huge) chunk of Americans can't even utilize hindsight.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I should add this is probably a good case study of how the general public is so gullible for fake scandals. Y'all are mostly high intelligent voters and you're all marks for this report.

im not a mark for this report. Im simply speaking about how it will be covered by the media. It’s not one news cycle, this sets the frame for the entire election season. It was already in the media regularly and this only enforces the narrative they already want to have. 

its a problem for him to overcome whether people want to act like everything is fine or not. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

im not a mark for this report. Im simply speaking about how it will be covered by the media. It’s not one news cycle, this sets the frame for the entire election season. It was already in the media regularly and this only enforces the narrative they already want to have. 

its a problem for him to overcome whether people want to act like everything is fine or not. 

Perhaps. I guess strategically, the Biden campaign can either hit back hard on it and decimate Trump (because, the King of Stupidity has said a million things that are completely wrong/dumb/just lies) OR they can ignore it as a nothingburger like they have previous claims.

I'd prefer the latter but I suspect Dark Brandon is going to emerge from this. Especially since they tried to make a political game out of Beau's death. 

Edit..I wonder if GOPers still think Frederick Douglass is being recognized more and more these days? 😆

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

I barely have the patience to post on this stuff. He's got memory lapses, some that are very likely age related  He's always made gaffes and that's not age related.

He's obviously operating most of the time at a high cognitive capacity if you just listen to the bulk of his appearances and judge by  what he's been doing in responding to complex challenges on all fronts.

That doesn't mean he hasn't sucked on the incredibly complex, decades old,  border problem like everyone on both sides has since before Regan, or that his other policies aren't subject to the same type of criticism, or even hate, by opposing political views.

Generalizing, I wish we didn't have so many really old people running things politically, and institutionally, everywhere.

But much of that wish there is about "newer and fresher ideas" and to see the other age demographics get their fair share of political sway and not because "old people are mentally deficient."

Cognitive capabilities decline, but a vast majority of over seventy folks are still quite capable of very high levels of management or effective leadership in many private and public enterprises.

And there's utilizing the field of sharp, highly effective, and yes, younger, assistants, advisors, and aides in whatever area they're qualified.

Btw, I also wish there weren't so many white folk and so many males and so many old white males (the trifecta) running politics and institutions everywhere and that's a bit of a questionable slander on a demographic that I own up to having.

Meanwhile, forget trump as a comparison, look at the cognitive product of the bulk of GOP house and Senate members who are under sixty and who produce garbage level intellectual product. I'm not talking about disagreeing about policy from a political position. I'm talking about pure stupid and dumb "reasoning" and "thinking." That's a way bigger issue than Biden.

But I don't want to try to obfuscate the matter with too much "but look over here." Just trying to support some equilibrium about where "concerned energy" is being applied on the matter.

Now what I do hate is the media and how this will dominate a news cycle. And what a tool Merrick has been. He may have made a good scotus  candidate but he's bent over backwards to give too much grace to maga land with his appts. This special council is a politically active goper. But I won't extrapolate.

@tshile

I find the perpetual demeaning and ridiculing of Hilary on your part, and on her actual "haters", intellectually pathetic judgement.

Your constant simplistic drone that people who aren't particularly distraught over Biden's age and cognitive lapses, especially in the actual context we're in (which actually is pertinent) are blind or being dumb somehow is often misplaced.

Sometimes it is just you projecting your own hypocritical blind spots.

To be blunt, you routinely imbibe your posts with an unmerited arrogance and insulting quality.

When I read you being so consistently reductive and flatulent regarding  Hillary Clinton, who operates cognitively at a much higher level than you and most other folk, I see you don't have the mental wherewithal to realize it's you having an emotional reaction to her "personality" as you perceive it and then "blaming" her for what is your inability to work past it in your analysis of her actual competency or overall worth. 

Ime and imv, many, maybe most, humans are prone to being more venal, unthinking, and emo reactive than not.

That's why a Hillary (my emo side doesn't like her either and politically-strategically I think she was a fail) loses to a trump. It's her task to win and she owns the failure. But in terms of her actual qualifications or worthiness, the loss is less on her and more on "the people."

it's a relevant distinction in the dialogue here.

What is on her was her failure to see and adjust to how her personality, which gets a very positive review from those who know her, and tbf millions of "regular people", was a real negative factor whether it was logical or reasonable or not.

Anyway, at times like this I almost wish trump would win. I tend to start identifying with Nero.

I know how to play a fiddle and I'm fun at a bonfire. 👹

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

That’s total bull****. 

im not droning over people not being distraught about Bidens age. What a ridiculously stupid characterization.  pointing out there’s an issue, an issue i don’t personally think is a huge deal, but is clearly an issue for the general public on some level, and saying it’s a bit ignorant to not understand that, is not “droning in about people not being distraught”

I basically said the same thing you just said, and I agree on what you added about white men. I’ve said it over and over and just today. How you’re characterizing me is total bull****. And for whatever reason you’ve decided to start doing that to me lately. 

if all you’ve got is being an bully then piss off.  You do this to people and it’s pretty pathetic. The internet psycho analysis of people you don’t actually know has always been a bad look 

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect old white people generally vote for old white people. And since old white people are the most consistent in voting...

Yeah I’ve always subscribed to that theory. 

when younger people complain about the older people it’s what I point out. If younger people want younger people in office - then younger people need to vote more reliably. 

• Haha 1

The number of really good charismaric candidates we have had since 2000 elections, including primaries.  Obama and Trump.  

A Hillary-type has been the rule... see W. Bush, Gore, Kerry, McCain, Romney, Biden.  All these people were the same type of candidate as Hilary.

There's a reason people were drawn to Obama and are drawn to Trump.

You might want to seek some help, tshile, as you yourself have acknowledged in moments of self awareness.  Remember  your own  recent comments of having to stay away from this and another forum because of how it's been affecting your mood/emotional well-being? 

Now I was appropriately blunt at times and even castigating in my post, staying within our rules as I do, which allow for such with certain conditions. Read rule five carefully and fully if you like. In your response, you did not do the same and went over the line in a couple places. I really doubt you currently have the ability to sort it out and see what I mean, or agree. But I'm not going to do anything about it, either. But remember what I said about you insulting other posters here in recent months which I think you accepted as a credible charge. Avoid that moving forward, please.

As to the letter of your comments about me, they really have no impact. They're just more reflective of you these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It pains me to read that Trump is charismatic 

the notion that how he presents himself is appealing to anyone makes my brain hurt 

I’ve said this before, but watching your parents cheer for a guy that behaves in a way such that if you acted that way they’d smack you upside the head so hard … just baffles me. 

the number of people I know that are active/former military, that would punch me in the face without thinking twice if I said what he’s said about those killed/captured, yet still support Trump… just baffling. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

You might want to seek some help, tshile, as you yourself have acknowledged in moments of self awareness.  Remember  your own  recent comments of having to stay away from this and another forum because of how it's been affecting your mood/emotional well-being? 

Now I was appropriately blunt at times and even castigating in my post, staying within our rules as I do, which allow for such with certain conditions. Read rule five carefully and fully if you like. In your response, you did not do the same and went over the line in a couple places. I really doubt you currently have the ability to sort it out and see what I mean, or agree. But I'm not going to do anything about it, either. But remember what I said about you insulting other posters here in recent months which I think you accepted as a credible charge. Avoid that moving forward, please.

As to the letter of your comments about me, they really have no impact. They're just more reflective of you these days.

Right but you’ll insult as you see fit. 

just because you think you cleverly hide it, doesn’t mean you’re not doing it. 

what I recall saying is that I find the discussions repetitive and the state of politics depressing. That a group of active posters have a habit of twisting what I say, and not respecting when I try to clear up what they think about what I’m trying to say. 

and it happened here. And you are one of them. I said what you said - yet what I said was a problem. 

i don’t know why you’ve decided to start publicly psycho analyzing me, but it’s what you do, you have a healthy history of it. But it’s a pathetic look and reeks of bullying. it’s who you are, whether you admit it or not. 

"tshile is still typing"

🫣😲😬 

And there it is....tshile, it's painful to have to explain this but I don't "psycho analyze" online.

Some clinicians do. I did professional work only in professional settings or circumstances. Then I offer professional assessments. Here, I do what others do everywhere, whether a mechanic or a chemist or a history teacher or s high school football coach in the stadium. I bring my education and experience into conversation and I am very deliberate and thoughtful of how I do it. 

As to the bully thing, it's also pathetic and I would characterize the claim as embarrassingly whiny among other things.

I feel sad you can't read your last couple posts and see the frothing nature of some of your reactions, regardless of harsh but merited comments I made about specific posting of yours.. I'm not going to add to distracting from the topic by continuing this, nor do any kind of mod actions regarding the comments in both of your last posts that do cross the line.

Per your interactions with any poster, inc mods, I do suggest you read rule five, and maybe eighteen, carefully at some time.

I'm going to inject a little bit of levity here because...well, I want to.

I just had a flashback to a certain poster not named here had an absolute meltdown text message about this time last year when I aped a Bill Burr skit to demonstrate how old Biden is, explaining that Jackie Robinson hadn't broken the color barrier in MLB when Biden was born:

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I think HillDawg is probably the most qualified person to run for President in my lifetime. She was a weak candidate tho because 2016 was the year for political and party outsiders. Her being handed the nomination on a silver platter in the years prior certainly didn't help in that regard. 

Oh plus America is sexist as **** so there's also that. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

There seems to be a conversation taking place that would be better held outside of public view. Just my 2 cents.

And it's over on my end as I said in my last post. And I just hid the other participants last post which was extending it via quoting your two cents and adding to it.

Let's everyone, not just me, move on.

We’ve talked about this a lot over the years. This is just another example. 

The gop gets to run with anything they want. Their behavior is constantly downplayed or excused. They only need to be “right” once in a while, and “right” is often playing pretty loose with words …

the dems have to be right every time. And when they mess up, it’s game over (per se)

and the media is all too happy to further the entire situation under the guise of “giving both sides equal time” 

Biden had 1 box of **** he voluntarily turned over, according to him and his attorneys it was discovered after the Trump issue became public and they, on their own accord, checked to make sure they didn’t also violate the rules/laws. And then turned it over without anyone asking or even accusing him. 

compare that to trumps situation (which I won’t bother outlining as we all are familiar with it)

Our country lacking the ability to ever have honest discussions is frustrating. 

• Like 2