Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: U.S. attorney reviewing documents marked classified from Joe Biden's vice presidency found at Biden think tank

China

And since there is literally nothing republicans can criticize Biden for without displaying their blatant hypocrisy & shamelessness, here are a few phrases that appeared in the WRITTEN answers that the man with one of the self-professed great memories of all time gave to Robert Mueller regarding pretty critical events in his campaign that happened only two or three years earlier…

I do not recall being aware

I have no recollection of learning

Nor do I recall learning

I do not remember on what dates

I do not remember whether I spoke or met with Donald Trump, Jr

but I do not recall if that meeting took place

I do not remember the date

I do not recall being provided any information

I do not recall being aware

I have no recollection of any particular conversation,

I do not recall having any discussion

I do not recall being told

I do not recall being told during

I have no recollection of the specifics

I do not recall discussing WikiLeaks

nor do I recall being aware

I do not recall having had any discussion

I do not recall any discussion of travel to Russia

I do not remember

I do not remember the specifics

nor do I remember being aware

I do not remember Mr. Manafort communicating to me

I do not recall being told during the campaign of efforts by Russian officials

I have no recollection of the details

I do not remember having been asked to attend the World Chess Championship gala

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

He's  right. She's mischaracterizing what Hur said in the report.

She's being slick with her words. She says " date year,"  and then goes and uses " month ", however, Joe started the subject of Beaus death himself, ( Hur never asked him about month and day ) and was asking himself " When did Beau die ? " And then he answers himself " May 30th ", and then a staffer reminds him " 2015 " to which Joe responds " Was it 2015 when he died ? "

So Hurs statement about Biden not knowing within a few years when his son died, is correct.

What Hur wrote, that she felt he should correct:

"He did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died."

Not even slightly accurate.

Accurate would be: "While President Biden recalled the month and day his son Beau died, White House attorneys provided the year."

From the transcripts and reports:

HUR: "So during this time when you were living at Chain Bridge Rd & there were docs relating to the Penn Biden Center, or the Biden Inst, or the Cancer Moonshot, or your book, where did you keep papers that related to those things that you were actively working on?"

BIDEN: "I don't know. This is, what, 2017, 2018, that area?"

Hur: "Yes, sir."

Biden: "Remember, in this time frame, my son is either been deployed or is dying." (then much later) "And so, what was happening though--what month did Beau die? Oh God, May 30th--"

White House Lawyer: "2015"

Person 2: "2015"

Biden: "Was it 2015 he had died?"

Person 2: "It was May of 2015."

Biden: "It was 2015."

Biden's personal lawyer: "I'm not sure of the month, sir, but I think it was 2015."

The way Hur wrote it, though, it came across as if Biden just drew a complete blank when it came to remembering his son's death. Not to mention, Biden never attempted to give a year for Beau's death...the closest he came to doing so was to say if was during a time frame when he was "actively working on" a number of papers. Guess what--he very easily could have been working on those papers while still Vice President. So Biden's comment about his son either being deployed or dying "in this time frame" isn't referencing a specific year...and when his attorney's chimed in with the year, it wasn't because Biden asked them which year it was or was drawing a blank, they just let him know the year. But as I and numerous others have already mentioned, 1) not remembering the specific year of a loved one's passing means absolutely nothing...Hur, though, made it mean far more than he should have...and 2) saying "Was it 2015?" also means absolutely nothing, as tshile perfectly pointed out. It's just how human beings talk, it's not a sign that Biden's mentally confused.

Hur's description of that interaction with Biden was unnecessarily negative and completely ignores the reality for a large part of the population when it comes to things like remembering the year a loved one passed away. What Hur wrote is far more a reflection of his own perspectives about Biden than a tell-tale sign of Biden's memory.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

17 hours ago, Bang said:

Thing is, Biden could literally be brain dead and he's still a MILES better choice than anyone the GOP has floated up.
The President himself, he's only part of it. It's the people around them, and Trump's "best people" all end up in ****ing prison because they're crooks and swindlers and thieves. That is, the ones who aren't Kremlin.

It is unfortunate that circumstance created by the utter depravity and moral collapse of the Republican party means that an octogenarian is the best choice.

But they made the bed by shoveling heaping mounds of cow-**** into it, all while every single person not helping them shovel was warning them about exactly what was happening.
Now they are bound and determined to sleep in it and pretend the stench isn't overwhelming.

Suckers of the worst kind. 

~Bang

I came up with the slogan that even a "moldy, rotten, half eaten potato is better than Trump" four years ago. I guess I have to bust out the ol' tater t-shirts again.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

From the transcripts and reports:...

When Hur is talking about Biden not remembering the year he is doing it along with other events which Joe couldn't remember the years.

When she is first asking Hur about this, she says: " Your report says Mr. Biden couldn't come up with the date-year of his son Beau Bidens death. When in fact you asked him the month. Do you know what he said Mr. Hur ? ( From what I've seen Hur never asked Biden the month. Joe offered up the month and day himself. The reason she wants to focus on " month, day " is because Joe did in fact know the month and day, ". Trying to give the impression that Biden did in fact know when Beau had died. ) Hur then says, " Congresswoman, I don't believe that's correct with regards to the transcript ( He is most likely going to point out to her that Biden wasn't asked about the month and the day and was then prompted with the year. Biden himself asked, " Was it 2015 ?" after he was told. Hur then asked her about that particular page in the report, so he can look at it, and possibly read it.) She then quickly says " I've read about it in the reporting. I yield back " without referencing the page.

And I'm not saying this is an end all - be all on Joe's acuity or memory. We're just talking about this one particular part of the testimony, that's all.

Edited by Spearfeather

I read the transcript of the first day and then went through and read a few chapters through the actual report.  Joe's brain is fine.  I like him even more after reading the transcripts.  They cut the first day short so he could do a staff bbq.  He is lucid, but comon, after 40+ years, the years run together.  Has it really been 4 hears since the pandemic started?   

I think we are being a little too gentle on him about his mishandling of classified information.  He used notecards and he wrote in notebooks.  He also had binders he would read and take notes from (classified).  Seems like his staff would handle picking everything up, at the end of the day, but he would jot down notes on his notecards and notebooks.  

At one point, late in his VP  his staff realized he was likely improperly storing his notecards.  One of his detailees even complained and didn't want to be involved with this (they wrote themselves a memo and emailed it for their records) and within a few days his staff set up a safe for his notecards.  Most of his notecards were stored f the National Archives, and he even accessed them to write his book a few times.  Seems like a large percentage of his personal papers were correctly archived. 

But he kept his notebooks, and he even collected loose material in his notebooks.  It is likely that Biden personally viewed these notebooks as "his" the same way Reagan did.  Reagan kept diaries, which also included classified information and stored it in his California house.  All of this is detailed pretty well in Hur's report.  I actually think Hur's intent was to create a reasonable defense for Trump -- but the media hasn't picked up on this.  But, regarding Biden, he should have known well enough to send his notebooks to the National Archives as well.  

I do think Biden played the "I don't remember" game.  I understand it helps generate reasonable doubt and intent.  And it's legally better than saying, "I knew it was borderline wrong, I hsve done it my whole career."  I think Hur is correct not to give a full exoneration.

I guess he rented a house on Chain Bridge Road -- to stay involved in policy -- (which he didn't need after winning the Presidency) and his notebooks and papers were sent to his beach house and different places. But, he also did write things in his notebooks that were "for eyes only" -  meaning - "don't even share these with Obama".  Because he did not want his policy diagreement logic making it out in the wild.  I think these were just his own personal thoughts on policy.  He pretty much did share classified information with his ghostwriter and the ghostwriter deleted audio files (but they did provide pretty full transcripts and the audio files were recovered).  

I am sure that Presidential and VP staff don't like to challenge their bosses on handling of classified information.  Especially hand written notes.  There's no indication that Biden took tons of classified material directly, itself (but again, he had loose notes).  And its the information that is classified.  

All that to write, aside from his stupid political like, I really think Hur put together a detailed report. 

• Like 3

I don’t think Biden got it easy. I think he was treated the same way every other president was treated, except for this special counsel investigation nonsense which I assume was only done because of what was going on with Trump. 

And if Trump had turned the documents over when requested, in their entirety, he would have also been treated the same way. 

You can gripe about that because ultimately a run of the mill defense contractor or other government employee likely wouldn’t be treated the same way. There is a level of special treatment when dealing with former presidents or VPs, you can hate it all you want but it’s a fact of reality you cannot deny. 

But at the end of the day there was a standard process for this, which has occurred with every outgoing admin since the presidential record act, and nothing was alarming. Until Trump decided to lie about it, and then try to hide the documents, and have official sworn statements turned over that were (at the time they were made) known to be false. 

It’s incredible to me how this, what seems to be very basic, understanding of the differences and how events played out has escaped so many people. From the public to the media. Even people that are anti Trump seem to have trouble with it sometimes. 

• Like 2