Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: U.S. attorney reviewing documents marked classified from Joe Biden's vice presidency found at Biden think tank

China

18 hours ago, PeterMP said:

The story is that polls show that voters care more about Biden's age than Trump's.  Why?

I said this like 6-8 months ago, and people mocked me. But it’s exactly what’s happening. 

Trump presents himself in a more upbeat way, he flies around holding these events, and he’s always yelling and speaking aggressively. 

Biden just doesn’t look good on camera when it comes to the age thing. He appears old in almost everything he does. 

it’s not hard to understand why this is working out this way. It doesn’t matter what we personally think. It’s the optics. It’s a problem for the Biden campaign and I don’t know how you fix it when you factor in the attention span of the typical voter. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

7 hours ago, tshile said:

I said this like 6-8 months ago, and people mocked me. But it’s exactly what’s happening. 

Trump presents himself in a more upbeat way, he flies around holding these events, and he’s always yelling and speaking aggressively. 

Biden just doesn’t look good on camera when it comes to the age thing. He appears old in almost everything he does. 

it’s not hard to understand why this is working out this way. It doesn’t matter what we personally think. It’s the optics. It’s a problem for the Biden campaign and I don’t know how you fix it when you factor in the attention span of the typical voter. 

Trump looked exceptionally not old when he couldn't walk down a ramp or hold a glass of water with one hand.  Super not-old.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, tshile said:

This, I think, is a valid point. 

It seems to be carved in the stone of history that a big reason Kennedy defeated Nixon, was because Nixon sweated under TV lights. 

Minor things like that can influence elections a lot more that policy watchers would like to admit. 

And Biden's age probably wouldn't be as much a factor if it wasn't for the perception, fairly or unfairly, that Kamala Harris is not up for the job if something happened to Joe. Wasn't a factor in 2020, but it seems to be a big one now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this is interesting.  Hur is testifying tomorrow. Not as a DoJ employee (apparently he is official not as of today).

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics/robert-hur-special-counsel/index.html

And after finishing up his work last week, Hur is no longer with the Justice Department, according to a department spokesperson – meaning he will be testifying about his investigation as a private citizen.

So he is not bound by DoJ ethical rules or standards.  This testimony will be intended to inflict maximum damage on Biden.  He is colllaborating with GOP operative, William Burck.  Don't recognize the name? 

He is the guy who helped vet the Brett Kavanaugh records and documents.

• Thumb down 1

Robert Hur will testify as private citizen with help from Trumpworld figures

Robert Hur, the former Trump-appointed US Attorney who declined to prosecute President Joe Biden after classified materials were found in his Delaware home and a former office in Washington, DC, will appear before the House Judiciary Committee as a private citizen who has surrounded himself with Republican partisans and notorious figures linked to former president Donald Trump as he prepares for his Tuesday appearance before the House Judiciary Committee.

According to multiple sources familiar with Mr Hur’s plans, the special counsel, who is appearing before the Judiciary Committee at the request of the Republican majority led by Ohio Representative Jim Jordan, has arranged his departure from the Department of Justice to be official as of Monday 11 March, one day before he is scheduled to appear on Capitol Hill.

Instead of appearing as a DOJ employee who is bound by the ethical guidelines which govern the behaviour of federal prosecutors, he will appear as a private citizen with no constraints on his testimony.

Click on the link for the full article

This is what burns me about Hur's report: he isn't a psychologist and had no business putting the bull**** in the report. He was supposed to find out if Biden broke the law about the documents he turned over. He did that job and reported in the negative. The rest is his opinionated hogwash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jon Stewart cued up a video with Donald Trump and his family saying, "I don't remember" or "I don't recall."  To be fair, I will admit it does seem like President's and VPs have people that moves boxes of their stuff around. 

26 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Jon Stewart cued up a video with Donald Trump and his family saying, "I don't remember" or "I don't recall."  To be fair, I will admit it does seem like President's and VPs have people that moves boxes of their stuff around. 

Yes. And I suspect most people don't have a problem with them discovering papers/files after the fact and alerting the necessary people about it and then actually returning the items. That's what Veeps and Presidents do. 

I suspect what most don't do is move the files somewhere else before investigators arrive. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

To be fair, I will admit it does seem like President's and VPs have people that moves boxes of their stuff around. 

Of course they do. 

Very few of them have people who move boxes around, one day before the FBI shows up with a search warrant. 

• Thanks 2

From the WP:

President Biden was in the early stages of his interview with special counsel Robert Hur when the topic of Beau Biden came up — initially with Biden raising it and later as Biden was attempting to get his chronological bearings and wondered aloud when, exactly, it was that his son died.

Two others in the room chimed in with the year, and Biden questioned, “Was it 2015 when he died?”

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Well, this is interesting.  Hur is testifying tomorrow. Not as a DoJ employee (apparently he is official not as of today).

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics/robert-hur-special-counsel/index.html

So he is not bound by DoJ ethical rules or standards.  This testimony will be intended to inflict maximum damage on Biden.  He is colllaborating with GOP operative, William Burck.  Don't recognize the name? 

He is the guy who helped vet the Brett Kavanaugh records and documents.

I no longer hold any belief that anything whatsoever that the GOP does in terms of hearings or testimony will ever, EVER, be anything other than a complete and utter failure for Republicans lol...have they succeeded even once yet? Twitter Files, Hunter Biden, Impeachment Inquiry...it all flames out, usually due to the testimony of the GOP's own "witnesses." That, plus Dems have become really ****ing good at calling out the obvious stupidity and logic flaws, as well as puncturing Hindenburg-sized holes in what little witness testimony that is potentially damaging.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1