Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: U.S. attorney reviewing documents marked classified from Joe Biden's vice presidency found at Biden think tank

China

A nightmare’: Special counsel’s assessment of Biden’s mental fitness triggers Democratic panic

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/-nightmare-special-counsels-assessment-bidens-mental-fitness-triggers-rcna137975

Polls have long found that questions his age and mental abilities have plagued Biden’s standing with the public.

" For Democrats, we’re in a grim situation."

Just this week, Biden twice referred to conversations he’s had as president with foreign leaders who’ve long since died.

We have also considered that, at trial, Mr. Biden would likely present himself to a jury, as he did during our interview of him, as a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory," investigators wrote.

• Haha 3

I like and identify with the general attitude that we need newer blood in leadership, as long as it comes with the other required parts of a candidates qualities that I think are important.

I've never been a fan or a hater of Biden but have over time had my serious criticisms.

With what downsides I see,  and even with that desire for what I said above, I think at this time and in our current context he's the best candidate for the dems.

What else I see is Biden has been doing a pretty good job as POTUS in numerous ways, domestically and internationally, with a few serious failings. But the overall balance is positive enough for me given realistic alternatives.

And he will win....again.

I also find most of the handwringers I read/hear come off poorly on several fronts.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Geez...just read the story. Not a good look for Joe. The part about having classified documents in his home in probably the most concerning. The memory lapse thing is concerning as well, but we already knew he had issue with that.

How much that will affect the election remains to be seen.

Anyone remember this?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/politics/trump-written-testimony-mueller/index.html

— 

President Donald Trump’s written testimony to special counsel Robert Mueller showed Trump repeatedly responded to inquiries with brief denials or lack of recollection on wide-ranging topics, saying more than 30 times he did not recall, remember or recollect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether it’s truly a serious issue is irrelevant, what matters is that media is making it a huge issue. They are determined to push the narrative and because Trump has no standards, his gaffes are not covered while Biden’s will receive entire segments on all major news stations as evidence that he is old and unfit. 

That is what makes it an issue. The margins are already razor thin. It doesn’t take turning off an eyeball small number of Biden 2020 voters to hand the election to Trump. 

That is the concern 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Joe Biden is old. He has slowed down. Yet he is still a decent, empathetic human being whose decision-making is based on what’s best for the country and not himself. And the results speak volumes. 

in any case I would vote for a comatose Joe Biden before I would vote for Donald Trump. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I dunno...we know (or should know) that merely having classified documents isn't enough to put any former politician in the same category as Trump. Paraphrasing Jules from Pulp Fiction, taking documents home and hiding those documents from the feds when the FBI demands you return them ain't the same ****in' ballpark; it ain't the same league; it ain't even the same ****in' sport.

As for his age, I'm not exactly letting the special prosecutor's opinion on Biden's cognitive abilities be a game changer even slightly. I've had to deal with both my parents having very real issues with dementia and their memories, and only understood it because 1) it was incredibly obvious, even to strangers just walking by, and 2) medical experts conducted tests with me in the room and explained everything to me numerous times. I don't remember any of them calling up a prosecutor to talk with my parents and then provide their assessment of their cognitive issues lol...When health experts conduct the necessary tests with Biden and reach conclusions that are concerning, I will become concerned. Same with Trump for that matter. Until then, they both can keep getting made fun of on late night talk shows lol...but for me anyway, nothing else.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thumb up 1