Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS: U.S. attorney reviewing documents marked classified from Joe Biden's vice presidency found at Biden think tank

China

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Spent some time working with/for contractors 

they would just fax **** home, so they could work in the evening. Or usb drive it. 

reporting a mishandling was such a pain in the ass. They come take whatever they want. You get it back whenever they want and in whatever condition they choose. 

I don’t think things really buttoned up until we had the series of leaks that included Manning and Snowden. 

Sounds about right. I wasn't in the industry until long after those leaks and I know (atleast they say) they changed how we look at information security significantly. But again that only seems to fall on contractors shoulders imo because we have an officiating agency above us that comes to check on us and is honestly pretty adversarial. I only speak of this from the DoD perspective though. Other groups have it differently. And judging by the scoring this past year lots of folks don't take it as seriously as my organization does. 

We do have a problem as a country with this. People will say its bipartisan now because "both sides" have been caught. And it should be. But the problem isn't political at all honestly. Shouldn't be anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Meh, Republicans wanted to publicly murder Pence for not supporting a coup.  I his classified documents will change their opinion on Biden's.

I mostly ignore Republican responses. Mostly looking at those who's opinion can actually change. The illegal number among independents should definitely decrease and maybe even the serious problem numbers.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think they should make sure Joe and Kamala don't have current classified into. at their homes. It's obvious the prez and veep handle classified into carelessly.

Is it? You think both of them are knowingly taking classified documents home and leaving them in their residences for years? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think they should make sure Joe and Kamala don't have current classified into. at their homes. It's obvious the prez and veep handle classified into carelessly.

It depends if they have a SCIF on premises. The White House has at least SCIF as does the Vice President residence. If they don't have one in their private residence(s), they shouldn't be taking classified documents there. 

I think that instead of having staffers pack up documents at end of term, the National Archives should have people there to do that. For classified docs necessary for incoming administrations, those should be placed in a SCIF. 

There's no reason why these documents, computer systems, and other devices can't be tracked, checked out, and checked back in. Obviously, the system for tracking classified information is lacking substance.

OK, normally I'm pretty high on letting people work remotely, but clearly the last few Presidents and VP have proven they can't be trusted with that priviledge yet. No more WFH for those 2 positions, in office work only. Make sure they don't take anything home with them at the end of their shift.

(dramatic hand wiping motion) Problem solved forever.

20 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

OK, normally I'm pretty high on letting people work remotely, but clearly the last few Presidents and VP have proven they can't be trusted with that priviledge yet. No more WFH for those 2 positions, in office work only. Make sure they don't take anything home with them at the end of their shift.

(dramatic hand wiping motion) Problem solved forever.

Or require that they strip naked entering and exiting SCIFs, to be verified by CCTV broadcast on CSPAN.  

BTW, if adopted

KATE UPTON FOR PREZ IN 2024

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1