Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Falcons~ To Pluck The Feathers Of A Bird!

zCommander

Washington and Atlanta first met all the way back in 1966, which happened to be Atlanta’s inaugural season in the NFL.

The two teams have met each other 27 times (including 1 postseason game), with the Atlanta Falcons winning 10 games and the Washington Commanders winning 16 games. They have also tied 1 time.

The Falcons have the 2nd worse defense in the league and the worst pass defense. Their rush defense is ranked 22 though. When it comes to YPP they are ranked 16. 

A balance attack should be more than enough to win this one. 

Commanders: 24

Falcons: 13

• Thanks 1

The letdown game.  Everyone is expecting another win but Taylor's luck runs out this week.

It's 20-20 with 2 minutes to go. Taylor is driving the team down to get the winning score.  He throws an int and Atlanta runs it back to midfield. Atlanta then gains enough yards to get into field goal range and with 10 second left on the clock; kicks the winning field goal.

Marcus 23

Taylor 20

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb down 5

Head: Commanders 26, Falcons 13

Heinicke and the offense find a groove and the defense continues to dismantle opponents up front. The train keeps rolling...

Gut: Falcons 20, Commanders 17

Heinicke and the offense sputter as Taylor's magic wears off and the defense plays undisciplined. Back to earth...

Liver: Commanders 30, Falcons 6

The most complete game of the year. Offense, Defense, Special Teams and coaching. Palpable buzz about this team league-wide...

I'll go with my Head in this one...

• Like 4

First time in awhile I'm actually confident/semi-excited about the team.  Well, mostly the defense.  However...

Atlanta is pretty garbage on defense so I have to believe we can at least get into the 20's.

The only thing that scares me about Atlanta is Patterson on returns.  Mariota doesn't scare me and Kyle Pitts, who I think may be their only legitimate weapon on offense, just went on IR for four weeks.  As long as the D-Line contains Mariota on scrambles, it should be a murder on defense.

• Like 1

We're getting some key people back, the Falcons lost one of their best players. Not saying we'll win, but we should. Our current state of offense should be able to win as it is, but were' going to have to up our game a notch going down the line.

15 hours ago, zCommander said:

John Allen's speech was fantastic. Acknowledged the win, pointed out how they all need to do better going forward. Called out the offense the way a leader should. Didn't point blame, stated fact. Mad respect for the dude. 

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 5

Do I wish we had a (five years ago) Aaron Rodgers skill level QB.  Yes.  But strictly from a locker room perspective, you can't do much better than Jon Allen and Terry McLaurin.  Win or lose, I actually enjoy rooting for these guys, which I haven't felt in awhile. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

Over the years when a truly big game came up, Washington has come up short almost every time.  Usually by being blown out and sometimes in close, gut-wrenching fashion.  This is another one of those games!  They have a chance to go to 7-5 (two games over .500!) after starting the year 1-4!? 

Make people like me believe by winning this game.  I don't care how you win as long as you win.  Don't let history repeat itself.  Tell it to shut up and sit down.  

Because this is one of them ones!!!🙆‍♂️

Edited by cakmoney61
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cakmoney61 said:

Over the years when a truly big game came up, Washington has come up short almost every time.  Usually by being blown out and sometimes in close, gut-wrenching fashion.  This is another one of those games!  They have a chance to go to 7-5 (two games over .500!) after starting the year 1-4!? 

Make people like me believe by winning this game.  I don't care how you win as long as you win.  Don't let history repeat itself.  Tell it to shut up and sit down.  

Because this is one of them ones!!!🙆‍♂️

Listening to Allen in the above clip makes me think that this team is well grounded and knows that they need to play hard every week and that nothing is a given. They realize they didnt pay particularly well in the second half and against better opposition it may have been a different outcome. I dont think the leaders on this team, Allen and TM in particular, will allow them to take anything for granted.

• Like 1

Theoretically, on paper, this should be another easy win as it has some similarity to the Texans.

But theres no way that would be possible, so Im predicting a close one, something like 20-17.

Falcons have one of the worst defenses in the league, but while their run game isnt good, its their pass D that is particularly bad.  That should be enough for the offense to make headway.  Offensively, they are also very bad, but its their passing offense that is terrible.  Basically, the key to this game is the offense taking advantage, and the D holding the run and not allowing big plays.  With Pitts also out, shut down their run and they are in big trouble.  If they are so bad on both sides of the ball, how are they 5-6?  They have had the easiest schedule in the NFL this season.

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

RR's history here has shown they play better in the 2nd half so this wasn't a total surprise.  I wouldn't worry about Paterson, how many kicks have been returned for TDs against Washington in recent years?  

Patterson killed them last year!  As a wide receiver, he tore the secondary up!

17 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

My predictions:

Number of times John Ridgeway reverse suplexes a Falcon running back = 2.

Final score

Commanders 74, Falcons 3.

I check this thread every week of every season just to see this post. Always gives me a chuckle. Thank you, brother.

• Thumb up 1