Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Falcons~ To Pluck The Feathers Of A Bird!

zCommander

On 11/24/2022 at 5:40 AM, cakmoney61 said:

When Taylor Heinicke is your starting QB, no game can be called a possible easy win.  He leaves untold amounts of yards and points on the field every game.  They are winning in spite of him, not because of him.  He misses tons of open receivers and he throws or almost throws horrendous INTs every game.

Look out if they ever get a real QB.  Until then, virtually every game will continue to be a struggle to win.

That certainly is why we were 2-4 without him and almost 5-0 with him and why pro-bowl players love him.  The downside is due to this clutch play we have cost ourselves the top 3 draft pick we would have had.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

St. Juste is out. That is actually really big.  I'm surprised when they traded WJIII they didn't make another move to bring in another veteran DB from somewhere just to be on the roster in case either Fuller or St. Juste got hurt.  

I have a bad feeling about this game.  At some point, the Moxie Magic of Taylor Hienicke is going to run out.  I grant that the Falcons defense is bad.  So was the Texan's defense.  And the offense stunk last week against a bad defense.

The difference is Atlanta can score some points.  I don't think they'll get to 30, but they should get into the 20's, even with our defense playing really well, and even more so with St. Juste, who has been our best CB, out.

I don't know if the offense is anything more than what it was last week: good for about 16 points.  (Remember, they got 7 last year on pick-6)

My heart wants to say our defense is good enough to stop Atlanta cold and we could win 17-15.  

My head says we won't be able to do that, and we will lose 24-17.  

I think this offense is good for 17 points a game. 

I'm going to go with my heart:

Commanders: 17

Falcons: 15

** If they lose this game, unless it's because of a defensive collapse, Wentz will start next week.  In listening to Ron all week, he sounds like he had to keep playing TH because he had no choice.  He kindof sounded like my 3 year old when he has to eat green vegetables.  Will do it, very reluctantly.  I think he knows the moxie magic is going to run out. He's just waiting for it to run out.  

58 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

St. Juste is out. That is actually really big.  I'm surprised when they traded WJIII they didn't make another move to bring in another veteran DB from somewhere just to be on the roster in case either Fuller or St. Juste got hurt.  

I have a bad feeling about this game.  At some point, the Moxie Magic of Taylor Hienicke is going to run out.  I grant that the Falcons defense is bad.  So was the Texan's defense.  And the offense stunk last week against a bad defense.

The difference is Atlanta can score some points.  I don't think they'll get to 30, but they should get into the 20's, even with our defense playing really well, and even more so with St. Juste, who has been our best CB, out.

I don't know if the offense is anything more than what it was last week: good for about 16 points.  (Remember, they got 7 last year on pick-6)

My heart wants to say our defense is good enough to stop Atlanta cold and we could win 17-15.  

My head says we won't be able to do that, and we will lose 24-17.  

I think this offense is good for 17 points a game. 

I'm going to go with my heart:

Commanders: 17

Falcons: 15

** If they lose this game, unless it's because of a defensive collapse, Wentz will start next week.  In listening to Ron all week, he sounds like he had to keep playing TH because he had no choice.  He kindof sounded like my 3 year old when he has to eat green vegetables.  Will do it, very reluctantly.  I think he knows the moxie magic is going to run out. He's just waiting for it to run out.  

Yeah I don't have a great feeling either. I actually picked Atlanta in my pick em pool albeit only gave them a 1 point weight so I have the least confidence in it. Honestly its a coin flip game.

1 minute ago, sjinhan said:

Is chase in or out?

out

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

That certainly is why we were 2-4 without him and almost 5-0 with him and why pro-bowl players love him.  The downside is due to this clutch play we have cost ourselves the top 3 draft pick we would have had.

Is the irony lost that we've got a top three pick (sack boy) sitting on the bench?

Soggy conditions at FedEx. Normally that's injury city. Taylor's got to play a clean game and the defense has to stop a one dimensional offense.

27 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Well I got the ATL score right. So I will give myself half a credit :D

Good job. You’ve been promoted!

You can now call yourself “aaComander”. Keep going guy and you’ll be “abCommander” real soon.

Hell, in a few years time you’ll be “zzCommander”

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 5:42 AM, TheShredder said:

Good D is sustainable when playing well and you've got some depth. They haven't played lights out yet. This game could easily be their best defensive performance. Nothing to indicate a letdown is coming. If the O puts up 20 or more they'll be in it to win it.

Missed extra point...almost lost them the game. Gotta put up 20+ with their brand of football.

Every game is a playoff game now.

• Like 1