Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders vs. The Falcons~ To Pluck The Feathers Of A Bird!

zCommander

I don't like the use of "let down game" in reference to this season, because so far this team, while on a hot streak, isn't doing anything to suggest they won't win or lose any game on the schedule.  Despite how dominant the defense has been over the last month, they are still being put in the position where 1 or 2 mistakes could cost the game.  

To me "let down" would be Dallas laying an egg vs the Giants after going on the road into Minnesota and destroying them 40-3.

Once we are beating down teams like that, then I would worry about a let down game.

• Like 1

They better not take this team lightly. So has Ron changed the culture? Has he changed how the team approaches games?

Atl beat the Pantrhers in a wild game, and the bears last weekend, along with the Browns and Seahawks and thier best win a 28-14 beat down of the 49ers. They have also lost some games where they were outclassed. Depends on which Falcons team shows up.They can score if you are not paying attention and thier D is sneaky good. This should be simliar to the Taxans game but has the feel of a game they give away just when they are on a roll. 

TH had one of his best games of his career the last time he played the Falcons. I was there with @skinsmarydu and some other friends. It was one of the most fun games I have ever been to. But TH should have been picked at least 4 times and the key TD to get them close was a prayer he threw up short in the EZ and Terry had to go get. 

Love it when Atl loses since I live here. Hope the boys are ready for a fight. I think they will get one. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I keep hearing about how Atlanta’s offense can score points.  Really?  Washington’s offense with Heinicke starting has put up 99 points.  Atlanta in their past 5 games? 96, including 3 in an overtime.

They are 5th in scoring and we are 20. We haven't been putting up a lot of points but we are still winning since our D is keeping the other teams to even a lower score. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

My predictions:

Number of times John Ridgeway reverse suplexes a Falcon running back = 2.

Final score

Commanders 74, Falcons 3.

As a connoisseur of older WWE, the first thing I thought of was the tilt-a-whirl slam.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Theoretically, on paper, this should be another easy win as it has some similarity to the Texans.

But theres no way that would be possible, so Im predicting a close one, something like 20-17.

Falcons have one of the worst defenses in the league, but while their run game isnt good, its their pass D that is particularly bad.  That should be enough for the offense to make headway.  Offensively, they are also very bad, but its their passing offense that is terrible.  Basically, the key to this game is the offense taking advantage, and the D holding the run and not allowing big plays.  With Pitts also out, shut down their run and they are in big trouble.  If they are so bad on both sides of the ball, how are they 5-6?  They have had the easiest schedule in the NFL this season.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that we're a slightly above average team (going by record, trying to keep bias out of it) in a tough schedule spot* and Atlanta is a slightly below average team in a more favorable spot. I'm on the fence about this one...right now.

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

They better not take this team lightly. So has Ron changed the culture? Has he changed how the team approaches games?

Atl beat the Pantrhers in a wild game, and the bears last weekend, along with the Browns and Seahawks and thier best win a 28-14 beat down of the 49ers. They have also lost some games where they were outclassed. Depends on which Falcons team shows up.They can score if you are not paying attention and thier D is sneaky good. This should be simliar to the Taxans game but has the feel of a game they give away just when they are on a roll. 

TH had one of his best games of his career the last time he played the Falcons. I was there with @skinsmarydu and some other friends. It was one of the most fun games I have ever been to. But TH should have been picked at least 4 times and the key TD to get them close was a prayer he threw up short in the EZ and Terry had to go get. 

Love it when Atl loses since I live here. Hope the boys are ready for a fight. I think they will get one. 

Radio guys are talking positively about us, and they're not being homers at all. 

We're almost feared.

I like that.  :1386:

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

To quote Eminem “snap back to reality” it’s a winnable game but I feel like it’s obvious now what the game plan is and people can scheme to stop it, and we don’t have the QB to truly change the game and utilize the talent around him. 

Falcons: 18

Commies: 16 

The Falcons have an elite offensive line with 3 first round picks and 4 guys playing at a high level (Chris Lindstrom has a 90 PFF grade). On defense, Jarrett is their stud but no one else really scares you. 

On defense, I would play a lot of the 5 man front with Ridgeway as that will force more 1 on 1s for Payne and Allen. I hope Cole is back and I would have Curl spy Patterson.

On offense, yes run the ball but know that you can pass on the Falcons because they do not have any edge rushers that scare you and Terrell is struggling this season after a great year last year. I would look for Terry a lot and I also really hope that Taylor is developing chemistry with Jahan

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Theoretically, on paper, this should be another easy win as it has some similarity to the Texans.

But theres no way that would be possible, so Im predicting a close one, something like 20-17.

Falcons have one of the worst defenses in the league, but while their run game isnt good, its their pass D that is particularly bad.  That should be enough for the offense to make headway.  Offensively, they are also very bad, but its their passing offense that is terrible.  Basically, the key to this game is the offense taking advantage, and the D holding the run and not allowing big plays.  With Pitts also out, shut down their run and they are in big trouble.  If they are so bad on both sides of the ball, how are they 5-6?  They have had the easiest schedule in the NFL this season.

I remember so many fans promoting the signing of Mariotta or Trubisky.  I never understood that, their play this year was predictable.  Now I was not in favor of Wentz, and the cost was higher, but at least I could understand that move better as he did actually play pretty well for Indy for most of the season.  The other 2 never were any good, ever.  

19 hours ago, zCommander said:

They are 5th in scoring and we are 20. We haven't been putting up a lot of points but we are still winning since our D is keeping the other teams to even a lower score. 

I'll also note though Atlanta's SOS is 28th and Washington's SOS is 16th so far this year.  It's supposed to rain on Sunday so that could play in to a lower scoring game which should benefit Washington because you're right, they're having problems scoring TD's.

• Like 1

Washington  needs to bring its "A"-game  on Sunday or the Falcons will pull off a closely contested upset. Even without Pitts, the Falcon WRs,  Patterson and London, can pose some real challenges for Washington's secondary, and Atlanta's O-Line can give Marriott the time needed for completing some explosive plays.  The Falcons Coach is a good one -- he has a history of putting together good offenses, so I wouldn't sleep on their so-so running game.

Washington's D really needs to hold Atlanta to under 20 points to win this game -- assuming the Washington offense can step up enough to put some 27+ points against Atlanta's so-so defense. 

That means Heinicke is going to need to perform well on converting 3rd downs and cashing in TDs when in the red-zone.  ... Let's see. 😬

With fingers crossed .... Washington 27 Atlanta 20

Edited by Wyvern