Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I think the complexity of the process is being over blown. 

Probably so if Bezos is serious, I expect they are haggling over the price. LilDannyBoy wants the max for the property since it's a market bubble, Bezos is walking around noting mold stains and foundation cracks.

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I think the complexity of the process is being over blown. 

No.  It hasn’t. If BofA securities has been retained, it will be a full process.  

Selling a multi-Bullion dollar entity is never not-complex.  

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Probably so if Bezos is serious, I expect they are haggling over the price. LilDannyBoy wants the max for the property since it's a market bubble, Bezos is walking around noting mold stains and foundation cracks.

There is no way Bezos is buying anything without having his legal and accounting teams go every single item in the ledgers. 

Bids won’t be in until Jan because all the parties are reviewing the data and coming up with their valuation and then putting together offer sheets

This is not like buying a Starbucks franchise in Columbus Ohio.  This takes a while. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  It hasn’t. If BofA securities has been retained, it will be a full process.  

I.am sure the random sunglasses guy on twitter has all the sources. No reason to doubt

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think it's probably done. 7 billion for the team Bezos is buyer. They are doing the accounting stuff and legal stuff now but I bet it is more or less done. This has been building for two or three years now.

I mean, 3 months ago Dan said he’d never sell the team.

Do you have any information you’re going on, or is it a hunch?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It is extensively a risk free purchase though, isn’t it? Full process, I agree. NFL franchise, yeah you either pay the price or you don’t. Not a conventional business by any means.

57 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

It is extensively a risk free purchase though, isn’t it? Full process, I agree. NFL franchise, yeah you either pay the price or you don’t. Not a conventional business by any means.

Risk free from the perspective of the business is not going to go under.  Sure.

But you have to look at all the team holdings, non-foootball expenses, audits, lawsuits, current stadium, valuation, branding and market placement, etc,  all of these could and would effect the purchase price. 

And the fact the buyer would most likely be buying all the holding company which owns the NFL franchise and probably a whole bunch of other stuff, a minor example being this message board, it is going to take a while. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Not sure who this guy is.   No idea how reliable this is.  Rumor at best. 

I believe him. 100% the team has been sold and Bezos is just waiting for Dan to vacate the premises before moving in.

How could anyone seriously doubt that a guy with 249 followers got a scoop that even Adam Schefter would die for.

Done deal.

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Risk free from the perspective of the business is not going to go under.  Sure.

But you have to look at all the team holdings, non-foootball expenses, audits, lawsuits, current stadium, valuation, branding and market placement, etc,  all of these could and would effect the purchase price. 

And the fact the buyer would most likely be buying all the holding company which owns the NFL franchise and probably a whole bunch of other stuff, a minor example being this message board, it is going to take a while. 

I'm stupidly wondering, but would all those NDAs, that Dan forced people to sign, be property of the new owner one way or another?

5 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I believe him. 100% the team has been sold and Bezos is just waiting for Dan to vacate the premises before moving in.

How could anyone seriously doubt that a guy with 249 followers got a scoop that even Adam Schefter would die for.

Done deal.

Maybe he's roommate with the guy/girl in charge of this at BoA...

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I think it's probably done. 7 billion for the team Bezos is buyer. They are doing the accounting stuff and legal stuff now but I bet it is more or less done. This has been building for two or three years now.

I don’t buy that.  If it was a done deal there would be leaks.  A deal like this requires the involvement of many people working out details.  Also requires the league/owners approval.  

IMO no reports means they are still waiting for offers and or negotiating potentially with multiple groups.   Once something is accepted is when we start to hear leaks.  

Edited by Idaho fan

9 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I'm stupidly wondering, but would all those NDAs, that Dan forced people to sign, be property of the new owner one way or another?

The NDA’s would not be between Dan and the other party, they would be between the some legal entity (franchise or holding company) and the other party and they would convey.  

If there was a legal settlement through the courts, those would persist for whatever parties were involved. 

it’s doubtful a new owner would “declassify” anything because that could lead to exposing to the league.

• Thanks 1