Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I still believe that anything Hog related would just have shut up the crowd. Because that's heavily tied to the team and its glorious days.

Finally choosing a new name is the kind of choice where the second option is the better.

That's kinda like asking lots of people who's the best Guitarist in the world. You'll have lots of answers for first place, but second place is more than likely to receive a consensus.

Going with anything that is Hog related is probably not many's first choice. But I doubt many would complain about it.

Sure. You just need to define what "cool" is, because is highly dependent on anyone's point of view.

I disagree with the best guitarist part. You may be out of the loop, but everyone else knows it’s Lil Wayne the Super Shredder. 

• Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

Honestly, they should have kept this uni. The ones they have this year are horrible. 

Also, hate how we have an all black uni. Looks like the Steelers.

Nah, the Steelers have cool uniforms. Just because the colors are the same, they aren't close to theirs. 

• Thumb up 2

18 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Just start it over. Trying to keep it tied to the Redskins only contaminates the glory years.  New name, new colors, new everything except the record book/Ring of Fame/retired jerseys.

This is a situation where having a half-assed something that used to be great is way worse than something new.

This does not look like a popular opinion based on the emojis you received on your post. However, I can get behind this if the re-rebrand is red, white and blue like the Caps, Wiz and Nats.  

• Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

This does not look like a popular opinion based on the emojis you received on your post. However, I can get behind this if the re-rebrand is red, white and blue like the Caps, Wiz and Nats.  

It doesn't matter how popular the opinion is (I've been unpopular here for 16 years now), we're seeing a lot of the sunk cost fallacy here along with survivorship bias.  It's exhausting. People still want to stay connected to the past, people like the colors, etc.  I get it.

And it sounds like it's been a poorly-patched fixer-upper.  At least in my experience with it.

The people saying "This is the best they could do" are rationalizing.  People did the same **** with Sean's "installation."  There is no way that this is the best that a multi-billion-dollar company could do; it's another stain of a legacy Snyder would be leaving us with.  Burning the town on the way out.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

There is already a red, white and blue team in our own division.  I’d rather not go that route.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Pretty sure I’d be in the minority here but I’d role with a combo of the black unis as our primary…our alternates should be some combo of the b&g we have now.  Throw out the white tops.  Sell the heck out of the blacks and market our front four defensive players as the special forces or something.  They’re the new hogs.  Pay them…let’s stay in black, sever the chord but revisit with the b&g as alternates.  Again…it’s my opinion which I totally expect to get trashed for lol

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, Stone Cold said:

Pretty sure I’d be in the minority here but I’d role with a combo of the black unis as our primary…our alternates should be some combo of the b&g we have now.  Throw out the white tops.  Sell the heck out of the blacks and market our front four defensive players as the special forces or something.  They’re the new hogs.  Pay them…let’s stay in black, sever the chord but revisit with the b&g as alternates.  Again…it’s my opinion which I totally expect to get trashed for lol

I know you are the Texas Rattlesnake and you love black…

ACB9FECF-5FEA-4D5B-B5C5-DA32480F7074.gif.f5713e8878ca17705053435f70154260.gif

Personally, I would prefer to stay away from black uniforms…

6 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Well it’s good to see we have all finally come to a consensus on this issue. 

Back to the thread topic…

CF222095-6F7A-43F6-9603-0C12089EB0B3.gif.7d95108165674cc350ebec6ff6fc05a2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

until somebody makes a post that states "now the new owner can change that horrible name" again 😄

As long as bezos’s girlfriend doesn’t design the uniforms. Not sure if everyone is aware, but she loves football.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

On The Junkies this week with Rick Snyder he said the silence about the team sale doesn't mean much.  He said he'll be looking for leaks in January.

Yeah, it seems like it’ll be quiet for a while. Glad the teams winning so we have something else to cheer for while we wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mh86 said:

As long as bezos’s girlfriend doesn’t design the uniforms. Not sure if everyone is aware, but she loves football.

Did she worked in fashion industry though?

6 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Damn, really not until January?!?  We're like kids waiting on Christmas - give us some leaks before them, dammit! 

At this pace Bezos will wish us an happy thanksgiving and not a merry Xmas...

I could settle for it as long as Dan doesn't wish us some April's Fool...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andre The Giant said:

Not sure who this guy is.   No idea how reliable this is.  Rumor at best. 

Poppy****.

There's NO way news items like that are kept under wraps for more than 2 minutes.

Unless Snyder and Bezz conducted a secret meeting at 04:00AM with no security, assitants, and accounting people and signed some document it makes no sense.

Besides, it would incredibly unwise not to inform the team's sponsors and media groups associated with the organization.

It would make the new owner unreliable from the first minute.

No. When this once glorious franchise is sold it will be a heavily publiciized event.

It will be a happy day.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Bull.  I think bids haven’t even been submitted yet. Probably gathering all the financials and firming up your bidding group.  January will see bids and we’ll go from there. Maybe by the SuperBowl the team could be sold.

I think the complexity of the process is being over blown.