Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Among key revelations in the committee report and transcripts:

• During his deposition, Snyder told investigators, "I've said numerous times, and continue to state, we apologize for any workplace misconduct of the team." But the investigators note that Snyder "continued to blame others around him and minimized the experiences of more than 100 current and former employees."

• Under oath, Snyder "admitted to using private investigators," the report says, but Snyder claimed to be "unaware" whom his investigators approached and did not "remember" having conversations with his counsel about the individuals targeted. "Mr. Snyder could recall very little when questioned about allegations of misconduct against him, including specific allegations raised in recent press stories," investigators note.

• In his testimony, Allen recounted his encounter with a private investigator Snyder hired to follow him, and he also swore that Snyder once talked with him about hiring a private eye to follow NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

• Although the NFL appeared on the surface to have cooperated with committee requests for documents, much of what the league provided was "news articles, press clippings, and public court records." Investigators said the league "refused to turn over" at least 40,000 documents collected by Wilkinson during the league's internal investigation, including Wilkinson's written findings presented to the NFL during her investigation.

• Despite claims by Snyder's attorneys that the team released former employees from restrictions placed on them by nondisclosure agreements, "a significant number of potential witnesses" were unable to share their experiences with investigators either out of fear of retaliation or because Snyder and the Commanders would not release them from their "confidentiality obligations."

• Allen testified that an NFL executive indicated to him that the Commanders were behind the leak of racist and misogynistic emails linked to former Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden.

As the committee finishes its work, the NFL continues its second investigation of Snyder, this time led by former Securities and Exchange Commission chairperson Mary Jo White. And the attorney general of Washington, D.C., has sued the team, the NFL and Goodell on allegations of financial improprieties related to season-ticket deposits.

ESPN reported last month that the U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of Virginia also has opened a criminal investigation into the financial allegations. On the same day, Dan and Tanya Snyder announced they had hired Bank of America to explore potential transactions, and a spokesperson said they were exploring all options.

Snyder testified he 'can't recall'

The report says Snyder claimed more than 100 times under oath that he could not recall or was unaware of "basic information about his role as the owner of the Commanders." Issues Snyder claimed not to remember included hirings and firings, his knowledge of alleged sexual harassment by senior team officials and at least seven presentations made by his lawyers to the NFL during attorney Wilkinson's investigation. He also said he did not recall his attorneys offering money to former employees in exchange for signing nondisclosure agreements during that investigation.

On the topic of team executives tasking employees to make unauthorized videos of naked cheerleaders, Snyder invoked "I can't recall" seven times in one excerpted passage of testimony. He swore he'd never seen what he called "the purported videos" and had no recollection of what he or the team did about them, the transcript says.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35205965/snyder-permitted-participated-washington-commanders-toxic-culture-nfl-aided-cover-up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

That's why I've asked why Vinny, Larry Michael, etc.. didn't testify.

I've spoken to someone who's done business with the team and was VERY much in the know at the time and he said that Larry Michael is/was WAY more heinous than people know and he basically got away scot free.

Vinny wasn't a bad guy though. Just an incompetent moron.

• Like 2

• Under oath, Snyder "admitted to using private investigators," the report says, but Snyder claimed to be "unaware" whom his investigators approached and did not "remember" having conversations with his counsel about the individuals targeted. "Mr. Snyder could recall very little when questioned about allegations of misconduct against him, including specific allegations raised in recent press stories," investigators note.

•  

So he admits to using private investigators but says he doesn't know who they were supposed to investigate? LMAO.  This guy is such a tool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Idaho fan said:

•  

So he admits to using private investigators but says he doesn't know who they were supposed to investigate? LMAO.  This guy is such a tool.

I'm sure people hire others all the time and then never bother to check up on what they're doing...

😊

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm sure people hire others all the time and then never bother to check up on what they're doing...

😊

Furthermore, he expects us to believe he hired them, told them "go investigate" but never told them who or what to investigate and never followed up with their said investigation.  Its all unfathomable.  Completely without fathom.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Among key revelations in the committee report and transcripts:

• During his deposition, Snyder told investigators, "I've said numerous times, and continue to state, we apologize for any workplace misconduct of the team." But the investigators note that Snyder "continued to blame others around him and minimized the experiences of more than 100 current and former employees."

• In his testimony, Allen recounted his encounter with a private investigator Snyder hired to follow him, and he also swore that Snyder once talked with him about hiring a private eye to follow NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

• Although the NFL appeared on the surface to have cooperated with committee requests for documents, much of what the league provided was "news articles, press clippings, and public court records." Investigators said the league "refused to turn over" at least 40,000 documents collected by Wilkinson during the league's internal investigation, including Wilkinson's written findings presented to the NFL during her investigation.

• Despite claims by Snyder's attorneys that the team released former employees from restrictions placed on them by nondisclosure agreements, "a significant number of potential witnesses" were unable to share their experiences with investigators either out of fear of retaliation or because Snyder and the Commanders would not release them from their "confidentiality obligations."

• Allen testified that an NFL executive indicated to him that the Commanders were behind the leak of racist and misogynistic emails linked to former Las Vegas Raiders coach Jon Gruden.

As the committee finishes its work, the NFL continues its second investigation of Snyder, this time led by former Securities and Exchange Commission chairperson Mary Jo White. And the attorney general of Washington, D.C., has sued the team, the NFL and Goodell on allegations of financial improprieties related to season-ticket deposits.

ESPN reported last month that the U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of Virginia also has opened a criminal investigation into the financial allegations. On the same day, Dan and Tanya Snyder announced they had hired Bank of America to explore potential transactions, and a spokesperson said they were exploring all options.

Snyder testified he 'can't recall'

The report says Snyder claimed more than 100 times under oath that he could not recall or was unaware of "basic information about his role as the owner of the Commanders." Issues Snyder claimed not to remember included hirings and firings, his knowledge of alleged sexual harassment by senior team officials and at least seven presentations made by his lawyers to the NFL during attorney Wilkinson's investigation. He also said he did not recall his attorneys offering money to former employees in exchange for signing nondisclosure agreements during that investigation.

On the topic of team executives tasking employees to make unauthorized videos of naked cheerleaders, Snyder invoked "I can't recall" seven times in one excerpted passage of testimony. He swore he'd never seen what he called "the purported videos" and had no recollection of what he or the team did about them, the transcript says.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35205965/snyder-permitted-participated-washington-commanders-toxic-culture-nfl-aided-cover-up

Utterly laughable defense if it wasn't such a serious matter.

He essentially gave the equivalent of a dog ate my homework excuse.

Snyder's ability to convincingly obfuscate the truth is right on par with his capacity to run a successful NFL franchise.

I can't wait til he's gone for good.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

Two thoughts.... 

1. Meh, there really isn't a whole lot in this report that seems "new" or particularly revealing. Honestly, it's kind of a big waste of time for Congress to be involved here and they are lying through their teeth if they are trying to say this is somehow all being done in the name of the victims of the greater good of workplace conduct. I'd say the majority of what is alleged is more along the lines of lousy human behavior and less along the lines of criminal intent/action. The nature of time elapsed (as much as 15+ years in some cases) also makes it all kind of murky. 

2. I DO think it's "good" in terms of the body-blow effect. I see absolutely no way he survives this now and I did not feel like that just five months ago. Because at the very, very least there is now enough evidence to indicate that he just shouldn't be the owner of an NFL team. Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt on some of the accusations, he's at MINIMUM incompetent in terms of running an org. I firmly believe the NFL recognizes this now and also recognizes that there is no brushing this under the rug-- this stuff won't just go away with time or two years from now everyone will have forgotten. They know Dan must be sacrificed now and it's going to happen sooner than later. Just a matter of how painful Dan intends to make the exit for all involved. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kleese said:

Two thoughts.... 

1. Meh, there really isn't a whole lot in this report that seems "new" or particularly revealing.

I think the lyng while might not be revealing is important when its done directly to their fellow owners.  Ditto adding much more smoke to the idea that Dan hired PIs' to invesitigate other owners

Tanya Snyder tells other owners that email leaks didn’t come from her or her husband

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2021, 7:31 PM EDT
Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Some good bits in the stuff released today. I would have figured all 32 owners had a complete copy of the Goodell's contract to be Commish. But if they didn't and Snyder sent people to go examine it. How would he not know? However, considering he's a made man also with a majority of the owners. Choosing the guy trying to protect you, or the guy who messed with your money isn't a hard choice. 

Apparently catching him lying about the status of some NDAs is another bit.

The queued response from the other political folks who is probably a pretty big donor of, was a bit weak. Trying to refocus on Bruce seems like a whiff. That's he was there during the height of this means what? #1. He didn't start the terrible culture. #2. He just fit in with it and was probably involved in helping his boss be as awful as possible. He's no hero and nobody is defending him, so trying to say its on him is basically.....

699407.jpg

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think the lyng while might not be revealing is important when its done directly to their fellow owners.  Ditto adding much more smoke to the idea that Dan hired PIs' to invesitigate other owners

Tanya Snyder tells other owners that email leaks didn’t come from her or her husband

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2021, 7:31 PM EDT

Good pull here. I'm expecting another release from the team about how she's a cancer survivor and anyone suggesting that other owners have fully soured on her are pro-cancer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skins4ever28 said:

So Dan gave Trent away for almost  nothing. Released kirk for nothing. I constantly blamed Allen and Snyder for those things specifically. But in the back of my head I was like “I’m sure they tried to keep them or at least get more for them”

now I realize that not only did they not try to keep them, they basically threw them away for nothing and did it on some stupid petty crap.

dan Snyder is the devil man..

think about it.  The team that is currently constructed is basically just a decent QB and good OL away from being a legit contender.  Think we couldn’t use a Kirk Cousins, Trent Williams and Scherff right now?  Anybody who says Snyder has or had little to do with what we see on the field is just blind to the truth.

21 minutes ago, kleese said:

Two thoughts.... 

1. Meh, there really isn't a whole lot in this report that seems "new" or particularly revealing. Honestly, it's kind of a big waste of time for Congress to be involved here and they are lying through their teeth if they are trying to say this is somehow all being done in the name of the victims of the greater good of workplace conduct. I'd say the majority of what is alleged is more along the lines of lousy human behavior and less along the lines of criminal intent/action. The nature of time elapsed (as much as 15+ years in some cases) also makes it all kind of murky. 

2. I DO think it's "good" in terms of the body-blow effect. I see absolutely no way he survives this now and I did not feel like that just five months ago. Because at the very, very least there is now enough evidence to indicate that he just shouldn't be the owner of an NFL team. Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt on some of the accusations, he's at MINIMUM incompetent in terms of running an org. I firmly believe the NFL recognizes this now and also recognizes that there is no brushing this under the rug-- this stuff won't just go away with time or two years from now everyone will have forgotten. They know Dan must be sacrificed now and it's going to happen sooner than later. Just a matter of how painful Dan intends to make the exit for all involved. 

Oh- but it isn’t a big waste of time.  Finally, rather than going off of rumor and heresay, there is something substantive with weight behind it.  I imagine there are going to be a bunch of lawsuits with Gruden at the front of the line.  I also imagine that Goodell is done as the commissioner.

Edited by ananoman

13 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Some good bits in the stuff released today. I would have figured all 32 owners had a complete copy of the Goodell's contract to be Commish. But if they didn't and Snyder sent people to go examine it. How would he not know? However, considering he's a made man also with a majority of the owners. Choosing the guy trying to protect you, or the guy who messed with your money isn't a hard choice. 

Apparently catching him lying about the status of some NDAs is another bit.

The queued response from the other political folks who is probably a pretty big donor of, was a bit weak. Trying to refocus on Bruce seems like a whiff. That's he was there during the height of this means what? #1. He didn't start the terrible culture. #2. He just fit in with it and was probably involved in helping his boss be as awful as possible. He's no hero and nobody is defending him, so trying to say its on him is basically.....

699407.jpg

Good pull here. I'm expecting another release from the team about how she's a cancer survivor and anyone suggesting that other owners have fully soured on her are pro-cancer. 

I'd say if I had to pull a theme its Dan is exposed as a liar.

A.  He says he is hands off.  Bruce confirms as we all heard Dan was hands on.

B.  He-Tanya said they didn't leak Bruce's emails.  That looks like a lie.

C. His lawyers went nuts weeks back after the ESPN story came out about how he tells people he investigated Goodell and fellow owners.  Dan's team saying no way. That report said indeed yes -- this is how he rolls.

D.  Heck even to Bruce's testimony about the PI, Dan says he doesn't recall if he hired one or not.

Dan's attorney's tactic have been Dan is totally misrepresented by his critics-enemies.  And now their thesis is again hey this building's culture now rocks and there is nothing new in that report that helps people understand the current operation.  It's pretty comical in a sad way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ananoman said:

think about it.  The team that is currently constructed is basically just a decent QB and good OL away from being a legit contender.  Think we couldn’t use a Kirk Cousins, Trent Williams and Scherff right now?  Anybody who says Snyder has or had little to do with what we see on the field is just blind to the truth.

Oh- but it isn’t a big waste of time.  Finally, rather than going off of rumor and heresay, there is something substantive with weight behind it.  I imagine there are going to be a bunch of lawsuits with Gruden at the front of the line.  I also imagine that Goodell is done as the commissioner.

I would think Rog survives this; I don’t think there is anything TOO damning here in terms of him or the league. Definitely some egg on face and guilt by association, but I don’t think it’s a death sentence— ultimately Dan is gonna be the one to fall here. Now, maybe you’re right— and if so; man that would be something if Dan took Rog with him.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd say if I had to pull a theme its Dan is exposed as a liar. Agreed

A.  He says he is hands off.  Bruce confirms as we all heard Dan was hands on. Agreed

B.  He-Tanya said they didn't leak Bruce's emails.  That looks like a lie. Agreed

C. His lawyers went nuts weeks back after the ESPN sotry came out about how he tells people he'd investigate Goodell and fellow owners.  Dan's team saying no way. That report said indeed yes. Agreed

D.  Heck even to Bruce's testimony about the PI, Dan says he doesn't recall. Agreed and wild about the PI giving Bruce his card, if true

Dan's attorney's tactic have been Dan is totally misrepresented by his critics-enemies.  And now their thesis is again hey this building's culture now rocks and there is nothing new in that report that helps people understand the current operation.  It's pretty comical in a sad way. Agreed 10X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd say if I had to pull a theme its Dan is exposed as a liar.

A.  He says he's handoffs.  Bruce confirms as we all heard Dan was hands on.

B.  He-Tanya said they didn't leak Bruce's emails.  That looks like a lie.

C. His lawyers went nuts weeks back after the ESPN sotry came out about how he tells people he'd investigate Goodell and fellow owners.  Dan's team saying no way. That report said indeed yes.

D.  Heck even to Bruce's testimony about the PI, Dan says he doesn't recall.

Dan's attorney's tactic have been Dan is totally misrepresented by his critics-enemies.  And now their thesis is again hey this building's culture now rocks and there is nothing new in that report that helps people understand the current operation.  It's pretty comical in a sad way.

You think Bruce is honest?    I don't think you can trust either guy so who the heck knows

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You think Bruce is honest?    I don't think you can trust either guy so who the heck knows

I think he's a lying piece of ****. I also think in this instance, there is no value in him lying because he knows what everyone thinks of him and he'll never be back in the league anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I think he's a lying piece of ****. I also think in this instance, there is no value in him lying because he knows what everyone thinks of him and he'll never be back in the league anywhere. 

He also knows that if he takes down Dan, he'll save face with the fans and his own reputation.  

14 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I recall this isn't the first time you've questioned Bruce's hits on Dan. 

Yes I do believe everything I've read, exception being I think he's deluded about Trent.  I don't doubt Dan told Bruce not to give the money to Trent -- it seems on brand for Dan but more on point I heard at the time insiders saying Dan was furious at Trent.   So I believe the Dan part of it.  But I doubt trent liked Bruce based on what insiders have said.

I  think about 0% chance he lied to Congress under testimony about their being a PI at his door.   The kicker is if it was a lie, Dan would just call it out as one versus saying he doesn't know. 

As to Bruce telling the NFL told him that Dan leaked the Gruden emails.  I think 0% chance he lied about that.  He smoked out the NFL source in the testimony so if its a lie that exact source can call it out as a lie.

As for Dan being hands on with everything being a lie.  If Bruce is lying about that, a hundred or so other people are also lying about that, too.

those were the three top points for me coming from Bruce, and yeah while you are entitled to question Bruce about it, I can't see how any of it is a lie.