Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I'm surprised at Bruce Allen cowering to DS. The dude sent ****ing Drones to your house and just just sat there like it's nothing? I'd have been having some backyard target practice if the cops didn't do anything about it.

While temporarily fulfilling, I’m thinking this would not be highly recommended. Although it may get you a visit from the cops, specifically the federal version, it may not be for the reason you so desired or intended.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You have to take into account that up until very recently, part of following this team was to accept that we were stuck with Dan for the rest of our lives.  While we all hate Dan, this thought of him being forced into sale was really a pipe dream not long ago.

3 points about Bruce that we'd state all the time on that thread.

A.  the fact that we have a politician like Bruce running a football operation because of a bromance with Dan spoke volumes not about Bruce but about the idiot owner who hired him and maintained him in that spot.  Bruce's foibles spoke 100% to Dan.

B.  You had to get rid of Bruce to make Dan naked in front of fans.  And boy did that end up true.   Some would semi defend Bruce saying he's covering for Dan so lay off him because all that does it help Dan stay under cover by focusing on Bruce.  I among others thought the opposite -- get rid of Bruce, let the fan hatred for him to play out and after that Dan doesn't have a villain to hide under from.  That point played out big time.  

C.  you can have two villains in a movie.  It's not a zero sum game.  Just because Dan is a douche doesn't mean that Bruce can't be one too.  Again, Bruce being a douche and a walking misstatement waiting to happen spoke much more to Dan's incompetence and behavior than it did to Bruce.  Bruce was just being Bruce and clearly Dan dug that in his minion. 

While I've argued in this thread and in other ones that Dan is involved with personnel.  I have heard enough that its clear that Bruce put his stamp on personnel, too.  So as we liked to say on that thread it was the perfect marriage in football hell.   For me personnally, Dan's interference in personnel was never what bothered me the most about him.  I didn't like it.  But what I really hated is him just being a flat out spiteful douche who runs that building by fear -- the culture.  Dan's interference with personnel doesn't make the team hateable -- its his behavior that makes this team the bad guys in the NFL -- that is what bothers me the most about him. 

Mixing Dan's bad judgement with Bruce's bad judgement.  Adding Bruce's walking talking politician mode to the soup to irritate fans even more into thinking this isn't a real football operation -- and then Bruce's dose of arrogance and delusion which perfectly matched Dan's reputation -- added a perfect mix to make fans run for the exits.     I hated the mix then.  But now i love it in retrospect because I don't think things would have imploded the same way if not for that combination -- especially the fan exits and losing and incompetent efforts to secure the stadfium which I among others talked about back then.  But above all removing Bruce, doubled down fan wrath at Dan since the shield was gone. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I am asking for specifics. As far as Kelly, there is Robert, Haskins and others we know about that dan had direct imput on  So how is it any different now than the era you described? Were you in the room?  Did you watch others make decisions without dumb dans input?   

As I far the people that were in the room say, you are dead wrong.  They say dumb Dan has his hands in everything.  What gives you more accurate information than the people that were in the room? It's an honest question. However, "you can just tell" is NOT an honest answer. 

Fact is Dan is the same meddlesome piece of garbage he always has been. 

As far as additional leaks.

Derrius Guice - accdording to Chris Russell, that was Dan's pick and he overruled Kyle Smith on it. 

Landon Collins -- several beat guys said that was Dan's baby, not everyone was on board with it

McNabb -- several accounts that was Dan.

I bet there is plenty more but those are fairly concrete. 

• Thanks 1

I got the thumbs down reaction in another thread for saying this team will never win a Super Bowl with Snyder.  How much more evidence do you need of his meddling over the last 23 years to convince you otherwise?  He can't pick quarterbacks.  He can't pick running backs.  He can't anything.  And when the football people actually do hit on people worth keeping...he lets them go for nothing.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I got the thumbs down reaction in another thread for saying this team will never win a Super Bowl with Snyder.  How much more evidence do you need of his meddling over the last 23 years to convince you otherwise?  He can't pick quarterbacks.  He can't pick running backs.  He can't anything.  And when the football people actually do hit on people worth keeping...he lets them go for nothing.  

I didn't give you the thumbs down but I recall the post.    I do recall who gave you the thumbs down and that dude doesn't like Dan at all so I gather he agrees with your point but had issue with the context and timing of that post where the debate was about QBs. 

For me, I don't know what the point is to make this point unless it has strong relevance to a different point or there is more detail added to the point?  Because who disagrees?   

We are way way past arguing whether Dan causes damage to this franchise or not and whether we can win or lose with him.  We are debating real time stuff that seems to be the catalyist for his ouster.   

29 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I’m not sure which post you are referring to, but we still have folks that believe we can win a Super Bowl this year with Taylor Heinicke.   They were probably throwing salt because your statement implies they can’t win it all this season. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not sure which post you are referring to, but we still have folks that believe we can win a Super Bowl this year with Taylor Heinicke.   They were probably throwing salt because your statement implies they can’t win it all this season. 

From what I recall it was discussing 2023 QBs, and he weighed in with basically with Dan Snyder it doesn't matter anyway so what's the point?  

So the dude who I know hates Dan I gather was surprised by the point considering there seems like there is a good chance we won't have Dan Snyder so why are we so fully litigating the QB based on Dan?

Who knows but that's how I took it when I saw his post.  But the person who gave the thumbs down is on this thread from time to time so I am sure he will respond.

47 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

There are a group of people that would like everyone to seperate the players from Dan. They believe trashing dan and the organization hurts the palyers. So they have to also believe that the players and coaches can sepertate themselves from dan and find some success even with dan's meddling. While I applaud thier optomism and thier ability to compartmentalize I have to say I lean more in your camp that it will be very difficult to find SB success with dan as owner. It's too mucxh to overcome. He will **** it up somehow. He will find an as yet unknown way to **** it uo once he has exausted all other ways. I still root for them to win every game. But I do not go to games anymore and haven't for quite a few years, unlee it's an away game. 

Not directed at you - using this a springboard - 

The idea that wanting bruce gone at the time meant you were giving dan a pass was astounding. But I also find it jsut as astounding that if you believe any of bruces testimony you are giving bruce a pass. 

Believing his testimony and believing he is a grade a piece of dog **** can coexist. I would argue they almost compliment each other in a holloywood kind of enabler way. Bruce was in the inner circle. He knew/knows the stuff dan didn't/doesn't want anyone to know. As such he enabled dan and even shielded him. But make no mistake, both are complete trash as people and I hope they rot in a prison cell somewhere. Unlikely, but I can dream. 

But what can happen is the removal of dan as owner, something I did not think possible just a few months ago. May still not happen. But i now have hope. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As far as additional leaks.

Derrius Guice - accdording to Chris Russell, that was Dan's pick and he overruled Kyle Smith on it. 

Landon Collins -- several beat guys said that was Dan's baby, not everyone was on board with it

McNabb -- several accounts that was Dan.

I bet there is plenty more but those are fairly concrete. 

Didn't you also believe that Dan was more involved pre 2010?

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Believing his testimony and believing he is a grade a piece of dog **** can coexist. I would argue they almost compliment each other in a holloywood kind of enabler way. Bruce was in the inner circle. He knew/knows the stuff dan didn't/doesn't want anyone to know. As such he enabled dan and even shielded him.

For emphasis, Bruce admits to the committee multiple times that he has no desire to talk to them and is scared at what’s going to happen to him next as a result.  He doesn’t want to be at war with Dan and his war chest. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Does it really matter what any of us think?

Not being a jerk, but honestly - what does it matter?  What we think took place is based on educated guesses and assumptions.

We now have Bruce under oath stating unequivocally that Dan was heavily involved with every major transaction.  Not just involved but the driving force.  

There is no logical motive for Bruce to risk lying under oath.  His career is done.  There’s nothing he can say or do to fix his legacy.  He’s been forced to speak on this, it’s not like he wrote a book.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Does it really matter what any of us think?

Not being a jerk, but honestly - what does it matter?  What we think took place is based on educated guesses and assumptions.

We now have Bruce under oath stating unequivocally that Dan was heavily involved with every major transaction.  Not just involved but the driving force.  

There is no logical motive for Bruce to risk lying under oath.  His career is done.  There’s nothing he can say or do to fix his legacy.  He’s been forced to speak on this, it’s not like he wrote a book.

I know I'm on island on this, so I'll leave it at that.   As @Skinsinparadise pointed out correctly, I value the importance of ownership as it relates to on field success differently than most others do.  That point of view makes me look like a Snyder sympathizer.  I get it.  

At the end of the day, if Dan is actually selling then who cares about any of this going forward?      As Ron would say, it's interesting, but not important.  

Edited by FLSkinz83
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I know I'm on island on this, so I'll leave it at that.   As @Skinsinparadise pointed out correctly, I value the importance of ownership as it relates to on field success differently than most others do.  That point of view makes me look like a Snyder sympathizer.  I get it.  

At the end of the day, if Dan is actually selling then who cares about any of this going forward?      As Ron would say, it's interesting, but not important.  

What about LaFemina’s testimony that he specifically told Dan they needed to take action related to the sexual harassment, and he refused?  Only for Dan to “not recall” this conversation in his testimony.  Is LaFemina lying to?

His BS stretches in so many different directions.  The mental gymnastics it requires to even so much as suggest these folks are lying on him are gold medal level.  

Mr. Hands Off, was at home playing teacher for his children, while Bruce was running rogue and rampant turning what was a wholesome Redskins Park into a frat house.

This is the story he told.  It’s insulting and you should be ashamed of yourself for having the audacity to suggest that none of this stuff impacts what you see every Sunday or that it’s not important.  I say that because it seems you are taking this stance solely out of being defiant as opposed to accepting the reality.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

But what can happen is the removal of dan as owner, something I did not think possible just a few months ago. May still not happen. But i now have hope. 

Outside of being superstitious where I hate celebrating anything until it happens, i feel good about Dan is still selling.

I mentioned the other day that Sheehan doesn't share gossip but when he does he's rarely wrong.  And he said yesterday from what he hears things are progressing forward on the sale.  Sheehan doubled down on that point today.  Hopefully he and so many others are right about it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I did and still do.  But "more" involved meaning he was involved on steroids to heck he's now very involved is just a matter of degrees.  Do I think for example Mara comes off his yacht and tells his scouts, yeah you guys say this QB is a third round talent, you are wrong, we are taking him in the first?  Nope.  That's uniquely Dan.  Yeah we don't have Dan going to the pro days to scout players anymore, he's ratched some of that down but still by plenty of accounts he's much more involved that the typical owner. 

As @BatteredFanSyndrome said we are guessing on this front as to whether its on this scale or that scale so what does it matter what scale it is?

The only period I was fooled about Dan's supposedly lack of involvement was the Shanny period.  I bought he was hands off then and he finally learned.  Later I found out I was wrong so he never got the benefit of the doubt from me again. 

But as I said, Dan's involvement with personnel while I always hated has never been what i hated the most about him.  What I hate the most about him is him being a loathsome character where I've had to defend being a fan of this team -- we are considered by plenty the bad guys because Dan is a despicable dude which clearly reflected the culture of that building.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

No wonder Snyder was hiding on his yacht!

Going through it and am far from done, he was atrocious IMO.   It's fascinating for me to read including even the pro stuff -- he had some people in Congress ask him fluff questions to make him look good, so his responses to those are interesting too as to what he struts about.   It's mostly how they kick butt now.  Rivera is great.  Jason Wright is great.  Their operation is unbelievable -- Eric Stokes will be a GM somewhere soon.  On and on. 

Clearly it was false bravado from Dan's attorneys when they said they hope the testimony comes out.  

Besides him going I don't know to basic things that he clearly should know -- he hems and haws through the questions about his witchhunt against the WP, constantly saying he doesn't understand the question.   They reference communication from Dan calling the WP story a witchunt and driven by an agenda.  Then he basically doesn't express what the agenda was.  Then keeps going back to the India stuff.   Then they hit in detail all his shadow investigation including into the WP reporters which he doesn't have good answers for.  

I do think the emails stuff is likely now going to have Dan bleed into the Gruden lawsuit so I gather more fireworks to come. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What about LaFemina’s testimony that he specifically told Dan they needed to take action related to the sexual harassment, and he refused?  Only for Dan to “not recall” this conversation in his testimony.  Is LaFemina lying to?

His BS stretches in so many different directions.  The mental gymnastics it requires to even so much as suggest these folks are lying on him are gold medal level.  

Mr. Hands Off, was at home playing teacher for his children, while Bruce was running rogue and rampant turning what was a wholesome Redskins Park into a frat house.

This is the story he told.  It’s insulting and you should be ashamed of yourself for having the audacity to suggest that none of this stuff impacts what you see every Sunday or that it’s not important.  I say that because it seems you are taking this stance solely out of being defiant as opposed to accepting the reality.

With all due respect, but I have no idea what you're talking about.      I never said everyone is lying.   I never said Dan had no faults.   I never said this has no impact.

I can't wait till he sells.  I'm tired of this, but it's a bye week, so what else are we going to talk about? :)