Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

The report causes you to think back to June 22, when Goodell focused on the Washington organization’s transformation as if to say that all of Snyder’s troublemaking was in the past.

“To be clear,” he said that day, “the workplace at the Commanders today bears no resemblance to the workplace that has been described to the committee.”

It was a very lawyerly way of hiding behind recent positive organizational changes such as the hiring of a respected coach, Ron Rivera, to oversee football operations, and a Black team president, Jason Wright, to run the business side. All the while, as the report summarized, the NFL knew Snyder was going full Snyder in the background, sending private investigators to the homes of former employees and leaking information to attack Allen. But Goodell was too concerned with the NFL’s image to depict the situation accurately when he testified remotely during the same Capitol Hill hearing in which Snyder refused to participate.

...As a leader, Goodell looks weak, and that’s even after considering that the commissioner is employed by the league’s 32 ownership groups. If you understand how the decentralized NFL functions, then you know a commissioner is only as powerful as the bosses allow him to be. But he also is considered the primary steward of the game’s best interests, and that responsibility dictates inevitable run-ins with the owners. In his 16 years as the commissioner, Goodell has had a few of them, mostly over punishments that hinder a franchise’s chances to win. There was the time he got into it with New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft and quarterback Tom Brady over the air in footballs. There was the suspension of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott, which irked owner Jerry Jones.

But compared with the Snyder scandal, those could be categorized as small-scale NFL stuff despite the enormous reaction. Standing up for women mistreated in the workplace should be a fundamental value that someone who talks incessantly about the NFL’s shield is prepared to fight for, especially when the opposition is Snyder, a man who has done little besides mooch off the league’s outrageous profits for more than two decades.

Goodell didn’t have it in him, though. He chose to perpetuate the lie that a Snyder-owned organization can redeem itself by working around him. And he had the nerve to utter the false notion to Congress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

With all due respect, but I have no idea what you're talking about.      I never said everyone is lying.   I never said Dan had no faults.   I never said this has no impact.

I can't wait till he sells.  I'm tired of this, but it's a bye week, so what else are we going to talk about? :) 

Because the bye is the only reason this stuff is being discussed…

Look, Gerry, your dad is lower than pond scum… in my opinion. I’m sure he appreciates that you’re carrying enough water for him to fill two giant reservoirs, but he was past being given the benefit of the doubt two decades ago. Read and see.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

With all due respect, but I have no idea what you're talking about.      I never said everyone is lying.   I never said Dan had no faults.   I never said this has no impact.

I can't wait till he sells.  I'm tired of this, but it's a bye week, so what else are we going to talk about? :) 

You’ve not said everyone is lying, but you’ve implied all sorts of different things over time that at minimum paints you as skeptical of much of what’s been said about Dan and the impacts it actually has on the football team.

The reports and testimony lay out for all to see that there’s nothing to be skeptical about.  It’s all consistent from different people, at different times, from different parts of the org.  

You’ve alluded to much of this being a media driven pile-on several times.  I think it’s safe to say that can officially be put to rest.  Dan is and always has been the dumpster fire of a human he’s been labeled as and reported on.

If you don’t wish to concede that all of this has major impacts on the football team itself, fine - feel free to die on that hill cold and alone.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

I got the thumbs down reaction in another thread for saying this team will never win a Super Bowl with Snyder.  How much more evidence do you need of his meddling over the last 23 years to convince you otherwise?  He can't pick quarterbacks.  He can't pick running backs.  He can't anything.  And when the football people actually do hit on people worth keeping...he lets them go for nothing.  

Just trying to help here. But, I figured I would thumbs down you here, not because I disagree with you, but two negatives make a positive. So, you are back to being average.🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I know I'm on island on this, so I'll leave it at that.   As @Skinsinparadise pointed out correctly, I value the importance of ownership as it relates to on field success differently than most others do.  That point of view makes me look like a Snyder sympathizer.  I get it.  

At the end of the day, if Dan is actually selling then who cares about any of this going forward?      As Ron would say, it's interesting, but not important.  

The cheerleaders care. The other people he has harmed in a multitude of ways care. This is a message board and we had a huge news drop yesterday, so many people here care. A lot of people care a lot more than what some of us on a message board might be feeling. The disgust we feel is minimal to what other feel. 

If you don’t won’t to read the Dan hate, you could always stop reading (if you even are).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This doesn’t sound like a guy who is going to sell…

The testimony was from the summer.  Yeah in the summer he definitely didn't come off as a dude wanting to sell.  His lawyer spokesman said the same then.  

I gather things have changed from the summer.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The testimony was from the summer.  Yeah in the summer he definitely didn't come off as a dude wanting to sell.  His lawyer spokesman said the same then.  

I gather things have changed from the summer.

You posting stuff from the summer has me confused as hell and it’s making my anxiety peak as it pertains to a sale. I’m a simple man! Stop confusing me! :ols:

• Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me, I don't know what the point is to make this point unless it has strong relevance to a different point or there is more detail added to the point?  Because who disagrees?   

It just reinforces the fact that he has meddled with this team forever, and all of that talk about "no he's really stepped away from the football side of things" when Bruce was hired was all bull****.  Every player he has personally handpicked has been an unmitigated disaster...save RG3's rookie year.  

Edited by DJHJR86
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

The cheerleaders care. The other people he has harmed in a multitude of ways care. This is a message board and we had a huge news drop yesterday, so many people here care. A lot of people care a lot more than what some of us on a message board might be feeling. The disgust we feel is minimal to what other feel. 

If you don’t won’t to read the Dan hate, you could always stop reading (if you even are).

I was referring to Dan as it relates to him selling the team.   Obviously, anyone affected cares.  

• Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

It just reinforces the fact that he has meddled with this team forever, and all of that talk about "no he's really stepped away from the football side of things" when Bruce was hired was all bull****.  Every player he has personally handpicked has been an unmitigated disaster...save RG3's rookie year.  

Agree. 

But referring to why someone gave you a thumbs down my takeaway was that post came off pessimistic about Dan leaving -- for example why talk about the James Bond villain thwarting things in the future smack in the middle of the part of the movie where Bond is in the process of taking down the villain. 

So my thought was he read it as you being pessimistic about the idea that Dan is going anywhere.  that's my guess.  But who knows?

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

This doesn’t sound like a guy who is going to sell…

I wanted to simply reply w an emote but there is no just agree and I didn’t dare want to “like” or any of the other options.

I agree though, this isn’t anywhere near a done deal.

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So my thought was he read it as you being pessimistic about the idea that Dan is going anywhere.  that's my guess.  But who knows?

It was in reference to people positing that they could make and win the Super Bowl this year.  I was extremely optimistic that he was selling the team after the cheerleading scandal, then I thought there was no way he could survive the Washington Post bombshell, and now I'm at the point where I think it's a 50/50 shot that he's going to sell willingly or by force.  The NFL continues to point out that the team was hit with the largest fine for a team in NFL history, his suspension, etc.  I'm hopeful that the leaking of the Gruden e-mails is what does him in, but I am not in the "he's definitely selling" camp.

3 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

It was in reference to people positing that they could make and win the Super Bowl this year.  I was extremely optimistic that he was selling the team after the cheerleading scandal, then I thought there was no way he could survive the Washington Post bombshell, and now I'm at the point where I think it's a 50/50 shot that he's going to sell willingly or by force.  The NFL continues to point out that the team was hit with the largest fine for a team in NFL history, his suspension, etc.  I'm hopeful that the leaking of the Gruden e-mails is what does him in, but I am not in the "he's definitely selling" camp.

Ok got it. 

And 50-50 definitely puts you in the pessimistic camp.  The beat guys and national ones including people in the past who were very pessimistic about him selling -- i'd say give or take are about 90-95%. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For emphasis, Bruce admits to the committee multiple times that he has no desire to talk to them and is scared at what’s going to happen to him next as a result.  He doesn’t want to be at war with Dan and his war chest. 

Correct.

BRUCE Allen also said that his agreeing to testify and NOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY* means that Dan will inevitably target him.

He colorfully added that Dan was piloting a runaway freight train that  would soon be headed his way for talking to the committee.

For the life of me, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't die for a chance to partner up with a kindly, virtuous, humanitarian like Daniel Snyder.

EDIT:

*(If I had been asking questions I would definitely have followed up on the intriguing "leave the country" tidbit and asked Bruce if Snyder, or someone representing him, suggested that he leave the country to avoid testifying. Unfortunately, they didn't pursue it further and we will likely never know.)

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

Sounds like Jerruh is trying to blame the minority partners for the investigations into Snyder...

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2022/12/09/jerry-jones-dan-snyder/

Jerry Jones: 'Biased,' 'stupid' Snyder investigation wouldn't happen if Republicans ran House of Representatives

“First of all, I hope our fans see how politically biased this report is,” Jones said. “This report doesn’t even come out if the Republicans were in Congress. It’s that stupid. And, so, my point is there’s biasness all the way through. There are stories behind the stories. The facts are that Mr. Snyder’s minority partners really went out a long way to try and make him sell. He ended up buying them out, but a lot of this is that. A lot of the testimony, I was involved firsthand. I was among the handful of owners that looked at all of the transcripts, that looked at all of the messages, that looked at all of the data.

“This attorney is on a campaign, the woman attorney, to stop having settlements when you have workplace settlements. That’s another issue, but that’s a part of why this has the front that it has. And, so, there’s a lot more there. I will say this: I’m proud of what the Cowboys have done. We have an excellent [ER] department, excellent. They have been for years. We have committees of employees — I’m not on it, my family’s not on it — and we have thoroughly been involved in a long time trying to improve our workplace. Do we have room for improvement all over? Of course we do. Everybody does. I’m proud of where we are.”

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1