Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, vegeta613 said:

I think Snyder wants 6 Billion and indemnification. If thats the case this team isn't getting sold.  I suspect this is why we haven't heard a peep from Bezos

Snyder’s own top business employee, Jason Wright, straight up said they’re selling and scoffed at the idea anyone could still think it’s in question. That guy is directly on Snyder’s payroll as a top exec and they aren’t even attempting to have a poker face about what’s going on lol. And there’s no strategic advantage to being so obvious about it, so it’s clearly the truth imo. So he’s selling, the only question is to who and how soon. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

He needs that money to pay his bills and needs it sooner than later. 

Dude needs to buy some Yacht Fuel. That stuff is expensive on a 200M dollar Yacht. Dude is basically going to have to spend close to half of his profit from the team after taxes on debt, a yacht, and fuel for the yacht lol.

I'll be the one laughing my ass off in a few years if we hear about Doofus Dan being broke after finally not having a Cash Printing machine to fall back on anymore.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Tanya will be happy to take the load of the liquid. Liquid cash, obviously,  while Dan watches from the corner. 

Dan usually has to pay for that so it’s a welcome surprise. The only question is where is Jason Wright? His role is apparently shifting in these games. 

2 hours ago, formerly4skins said:

I think in the aforementioned scenario, Dan takes the liquid assets to the face while Tanya watches from the corner...that just feels right to me.

Jason Wright is just happy to be there...he knows his days are numbered. 

Knock this type of crap off or you’ll force me to knock you outta here for a bit. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I think this could lead to the league assessing the criteria it has in place on sale/purchase parameters. Escalating prices to this level could seriously be isolating investors.

Plus, if they do re-assess that criteria, they may want to make sure nobody has a retrospective claim of being unfairly restricted in recent sales when compared to any new parameters. In particular this one ongoing now.

They have to change things or most prospective buyers can’t buy a team. There aren’t that many billionaires who can afford an nfl team, if the selling price jumps north of 6 billion:

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Edit. Poor taste post

I’m glad you edited that out. Next time an edit won’t save you from a ban.

Lets everyone tone down the misogyny around Tania Synder. I get she’s tainted by association with Dan - but everyone stop the sexual/offensive comments.

I see @TK got here before me!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Dude needs to buy some Yacht Fuel. That stuff is expensive on a 200M dollar Yacht. Dude is basically going to have to spend close to half of his profit from the team after taxes on debt, a yacht, and fuel for the yacht lol.

I'll be the one laughing my ass off in a few years if we hear about Doofus Dan being broke after finally not having a Cash Printing machine to fall back on anymore.

So, for the "normal" billionaire, even with his lifestyle, he'd never approach anything close to broke. 

Here's the simple math:

Assumption: he gets $6B cash money at the transaction.

Now subtract:

$1Billion for debt he might have on the team.  I'm doubtful it's this high, but who the hell knows.  I don't think it can be more than that based on the debt waiver and NFL rules.  

$800 Million in capital gains taxes (It's probably less than that, but I took 20% of $5 billion in profit after he settles the debt.  It's probably more like $400 million but, eh, I'm rounding up.  

He's still left with $4.2 Billion.

If Dan was to just take the $4.2 Billion and invest in fixed return investments with a return of 4% (bonds, CDs, etc. that are publicly available for everybody on the open market)  that's interest income of $168 million per year.  Uncle Sam is going to want his cut.  Even if we generously say he has to pay 40% in taxes (which is WAY more than he would pay), he's still pocketing  $100 million per year.  

Based on articles about yacht ownership I've seen, it costs about 10% of the cost of the yacht annually to run the yacht, including staff, provisions and fuel.  Dan paid about $200m for his yacht.  That's about $20m/year in operating costs.

So now he's down to $80m.  

When you have that type of money, it's virtually impossible to go broke unless ...

You're an idiot who takes the money and invests it poorly and loses all of it because you are a stupid dumb ass.

Dan resembles that remark.  It's absolutely possible Dan could just blow his fortune. But with the type of money he is going to have, he'd actually have to REALLY work at it to pull it off.  But if there is anybody who could pull it off, it's him.  

If I was his financial advisor, I'd tell him to take $1B and put it into secured, low yield investments and NEVER, EVER, EVER touch it, and re-invest the interest back into that fund.    That would gross somewhere between $30-$50 million per year.  That way if you invest and blow the other $4 billion because you're a stupid dumb ass, you're still just fine...  Of course, he wouldn't listen to me.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, no one has been perfect, but he's gotten three major stories which he's broken first.  He refuted a major national magazine financial story and was right -- and looks like there is a strong chance he might have successfully disputed a story from Schefter who typically is borderline flawless. 

This isn't Rick Snider who is just regurgitating other narratives that have already beeen reported. 

Rick Snider reminds me of Milton from Office Space... "Give me 2 minutes" to find my Red Stapler... 😂 office space my stapler GIF by Maudit

• Haha 15
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, for the "normal" billionaire, even with his lifestyle, he'd never approach anything close to broke. 

Here's the simple math:

Assumption: he gets $6B cash money at the transaction.

Now subtract:

$1Billion for debt he might have on the team.  I'm doubtful it's this high, but who the hell knows.  I don't think it can be more than that based on the debt waiver and NFL rules.  

$800 Million in capital gains taxes (It's probably less than that, but I took 20% of $5 billion in profit after he settles the debt.  It's probably more like $400 million but, eh, I'm rounding up.  

He's still left with $4.2 Billion.

If Dan was to just take the $4.2 Billion and invest in fixed return investments with a return of 4% (bonds, CDs, etc. that are publicly available for everybody on the open market)  that's interest income of $168 million per year.  Uncle Sam is going to want his cut.  Even if we generously say he has to pay 40% in taxes (which is WAY more than he would pay), he's still pocketing  $100 million per year.  

Based on articles about yacht ownership I've seen, it costs about 10% of the cost of the yacht annually to run the yacht, including staff, provisions and fuel.  Dan paid about $200m for his yacht.  That's about $20m/year in operating costs.

So now he's down to $80m.  

When you have that type of money, it's virtually impossible to go broke unless ...

You're an idiot who takes the money and invests it poorly and loses all of it because you are a stupid dumb ass.

Dan resembles that remark.  It's absolutely possible Dan could just blow his fortune. But with the type of money he is going to have, he'd actually have to REALLY work at it to pull it off.  But if there is anybody who could pull it off, it's him.  

If I was his financial advisor, I'd tell him to take $1B and put it into secured, low yield investments and NEVER, EVER, EVER touch it, and re-invest the interest back into that fund.    That would gross somewhere between $30-$50 million per year.  That way if you invest and blow the other $4 billion because you're a stupid dumb ass, you're still just fine...  Of course, he wouldn't listen to me.  

I was pitched an OZ fund run by the Snyders for some sort of development so he is into commercial real estate

If Bezos bids at a "real" 6 billion the team will be his.

I don't know whether he wants the team that bad. He wants *a* team, but Seattle will be coming up for sale and he may not want to overpay Dan when he could wait and get better value for price for the Seahawks.

Dan is pumping up the offers in the press because he wants to thump his chest about getting a great. The League is downplaying it because the deal isn't actually 6 and they want other bidders - namely Bezos - to enter the fray.

That's my take

• Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Conn said:

Snyder’s own top business employee, Jason Wright, straight up said they’re selling and scoffed at the idea anyone could still think it’s in question. That guy is directly on Snyder’s payroll as a top exec and they aren’t even attempting to have a poker face about what’s going on lol. And there’s no strategic advantage to being so obvious about it, so it’s clearly the truth imo. So he’s selling, the only question is to who and how soon. 

Yeah the guy even nearly publicly threw his boss under the bus saying that Dan selling will be a boost for the team lol.

If he wasn't convinced it would be sold he wouldn't have told that.

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

If Bezos bids at a "real" 6 billion the team will be his.

I don't know whether he wants the team that bad. He wants *a* team, but Seattle will be coming up for sale and he may not want to overpay Dan when he could wait and get better value for price for the Seahawks.

Dan is pumping up the offers in the press because he wants to thump his chest about getting a great. The League is downplaying it because the deal isn't actually 6 and they want other bidders - namely Bezos - to enter the fray.

That's my take

Maybe he wants to wait for Seattle or he thinks thet team is in too bad of a state and 6 billions aren't worth it.

But two things:

- Nobody knows when the Seahawks will be up for sale.So that's a choice between one thing you can grab now, and another maybe later but you don't know exactly know.

- The Seahawks may be even more costly after the Commanders are sold. Team is in better shape, that's true, but buying the Commanders has way more potential. This team used to be 1/2 in merchs gear. So there's way more potential than the Seahawks if th new owner clean the mess correctly.

Still that's Bezos' choice, and nobody will force him to do whatever they wants, he'll do as he thinks is the better option for him.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The Seahawks aren’t the only team that could be up for sale.

There’s talk the Ravens maybe on the block in the future.

Arthur Blank is 80. After he passes, will his heirs want the team or sell it?

Frankly, any team with an elderly owner maybe up for sale; if the heirs want to cash out.

32 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Summary:

- The bylaws do allow them to force Snyder to sell. 

- They better cross their t's and dot their I's if and when they do to make sure it can't be legally overturned. 

- It can all happen very quickly if it ever comes to that. 

- Because of the evidence admission standards, the NFL will have NO desire to go this route if they can avoid it. It will become the ugliest mudslinging event of all time. 

- In turn, the NFL could choose to have no transcript. But that would then pose additional legal risk to the NFL. 

Let's pray this gets done soon, and the tea leaves are certainly looking that way lately. But if it goes to court....saddle up, kids. It's gonna get messy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 3

11 hours ago, Monte51Coleman said:

I’ll admit that I have liked Snider’s ‘stuff’ until recently. Now he just seems to desperately want to be considered as one in the know.

Pretty sure I am just as in the know as Rick is.

I don't like Rick Snider and never listen to him, but for really superficial reasons.

The way he pronounces his words really grates on me, and this is coming from a Londoner who doesn't pronounce most words properly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, FrFan said:

Brought this up a month or so ago, got laughed at by you Gasparinos (my new word for douchebags). 

A buddy of mine has been saying this all along, he will be pounding his chest today. While I don’t think the sale of the team will ever come to the other owners voting him out, the whole “NFL BYLAWZZZZZ LUUULLZZZ” argument that the other owners can just vote him out isn’t a solid one. The author here notes several areas where Snyder might have a case in an actual, you know, court of law, if he were to be forced out and he wanted to sue. 

There’s reality and there’s legal reality. The two don’t always overlap perfectly. 

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Brought this up a month or so ago, got laughed at by you Gasparinos (my new word for douchebags). 

A buddy of mine has been saying this all along, he will be pounding his chest today. While I don’t think the sale of the team will ever come to the other owners voting him out, the whole “NFL BYLAWZZZZZ LUUULLZZZ” argument that the other owners can just vote him out isn’t a solid one. The author here notes several areas where Snyder might have a case in an actual, you know, court of law, if he were to be forced out and he wanted to sue. 

There’s reality and there’s legal reality. The two don’t always overlap perfectly. 

Lets hope it doesn't get to that stage. But I really dont think it will, Dan has to sell because of financial issues. The organization under him is never going to be able to proceed as is. He doesn't have the money to invest in the team/facilities, the local governments aren't going to assist in a stadium etc., the NFL owners are so upset with him that there would be no form of working relationship going forward. The fan base is disgusted, sponsors don't want to be associated with him. He is done as far as owning an NFL franchise. All he has is the sale to save him financially. He cant afford for this to drag out to the point that it comes to a league push to vote him out.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Just wondering if Broncos fans went through all this uncertainty.  

Not really, because their owner was dead—and even after some delay due to family in-fighting, the team was eventually placed in a trust with the explicit purpose of selling it. So the NFL pre-approved certain bidders (and allowed Walton in later) and then the highest bidder was automatically crowned the winner in service to the trust. 

This is very different. But I also don’t think there’s any real uncertainty beyond who the buyer will be and exactly when. He’s obviously selling. So anyone still talking about the legality of the vote-out process, while it’s an interesting theoretical, is essentially just getting in their clicks while they still can before it’s all over, as that avenue is no longer even relevant—and given the scope of Snyder’s financial hardship, probably never was. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Agreed, let's hope it's going to be quick without litigation, undercover blackmailing, etc...

I doubt we hear anything today.  It's opening day of baseball and Snyder doesn't want to share his news with anything else.  I'll enjoy opening day and come back to this tomorrow... Unless something actually does happen. lol