Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

They're assuming he's not the mystery bidder, nobody knows anything 100%.

I wouldn't say Keim doesn't know anything.  He's been careful about saying what he knows and what he doesn't know.

If Bezos was the mystery bidder and these guys have it wrong on that front -- Bezos is off to a really odd crappy start because according to Keim the mystery bidder has been out there for weeks so the idea that Bezos would blow away other offers -- that idea at a minimum would be off to a stumbiling start.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Ben Standing podcast had sports business expert Dan Kaplan on:

1) Provided Snyder doesn't  insist on indemnification from the league, the winning bid is chosen and presented to the NFL finance committee.

2) Using the Broncos sale time-line would not match up with this sale. The Bronos sale being an estate sale, for legal reasons, the NFL themselves pre-approved the buyers looking at that team. With the Commanders, the sellers pre-approved the bidders.

3) Therefore, it would not be as quick. The NFL will want to do it's due diligence on all the minority owners in the buyer's group. That could still add an extra month or two. 

Just listened to it.   To add a little

A.  He talked about the owners would likely be hot against indemnification and he said case in point Irsay brought up the indemnfication issue unsolicited

B.  Read the reports that Bezos is clear to go for this.  His sources contradict that.

C.  He says banks tell him the last 5% in play for the deal to be wrapped up is often what takes the most time to lock a deal in.

D.  He seemed pretty confident the deal is going down

E.  Ben mentioned he heard a new offer from someone new is coming.  Pivoting to Keim's podcast, he doubleed down today that there is still a mystery bidder in play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So Keim and Standing seem to agree that there's a mystery bidder.  I would assume that mystery bidder couldn't be Bezos...that cat would have been out of that bag a long, long time ago.

Assuming the offers yesterday from Astopopopdopolous and the Harris/Rales/Magic triumvirate are both legit and there's another mystery bidder out there AND there's a potential Bezos wild card there...I gotta say, I like where we're at.  This is more exciting than anything the ****ing football team has done in a long, long time.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

They shouldn't, it was silly.  I just don't want people thinking I came up with that non-sense.  I'm in defense mode.  Hahaha.

Yeah I knew you didn't say it, I tried to post in way that I was just agreeing with you but Im not the best word smyth. Its all so absurd that anyone could be serious about it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

So Keim and Standing seem to agree that there's a mystery bidder.  I would assume that mystery bidder couldn't be Bezos...that cat would have been out of that bag a long, long time ago.

Assuming the offers yesterday from Astopopopdopolous and the Harris/Rales/Magic triumvirate are both legit and there's another mystery bidder out there AND there's a potential Bezos wild card there...I gotta say, I like where we're at.  This is more exciting than anything the ****ing football team has done in a long, long time.

It's me. Hence the reason I am melancholy. 

You're on to me.

I may let you in the press box again, but we'll see. 

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Standing by my earlier guess that the actual sale price ends up being *well* under $6b. Maybe under $5b.

While being in the DC market and having the opportunity to rebuild the franchise to your liking does have some inherent advantages, we also have this reality: 

Broncos sold for $4.65b less than two years ago have been top 5 in the league in attendance. They have an established brand and fan base. Their stadium, while not much newer than ours, is much more serviceable (note that they are also starting to think about a new one as well). It’s also located very close to downtown Denver. 

As much as Snyder wants to wish his franchise is worth $7b (or now, $6b), I genuinely do not see it. The stadium is a dump. Any move to a new stadium in DC would have to overcome ridiculous political hurdles that don’t exist for other cities. The fan base has been rapidly eroding for decades and is legitimately now bottom 10 in the league. We have a name nobody likes and a brand that will forever be tied to Dan ****ing Snyder unless they go through the process of re-branding AGAIN. We have allegations of financial malfeasance on the part of the owner and pending lawsuits hanging over the head of the franchise. And the minority owners were willing to part with their shares of the team, TWO YEARS AGO, at a roughly $2b valuation. I’m sorry but did they just willingly cost themselves hundreds of millions of dollars? No. They saw the books and know the value. 

Everything out there about Snyder thinking it’s worth $6b+ is just smoke he himself has put out there. I don’t think Harris has offered that much. I don’t think anybody would offer that much. And now Snyder is desperate for someone to bail him out and hunting that he wants Bezos to jump into the mix. It’s also info Snyder’s side is leaking to try to pump up the price tag. 

Edited by TheGoodBits

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's been said its not Bezos.   

Bezos is not a mystery, people know he's there and might bid. 

But to play devil's advocate, if i am pro Bezos, I'd hope he's not the mystery bidder because if he were he clearly didn't come in and blow the doors off as some expected him to do. 

The way Standig talked about it, I get the vibe we will know who this person is soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheGoodBits said:

Standing by my earlier guess that the actual sale price ends up being *well* under $6b. Maybe under $5b.

While being in the DC market and having the opportunity to rebuild the franchise to your liking does have some inherent advantages, we also have this reality: 

Broncos sold for $4.65b less than two years ago have been top 5 in the league in attendance. They have an established brand and fan base. Their stadium, while not much newer than ours, is much more serviceable (note that they are also starting to think about a new one as well). It’s also located very close to downtown Denver. 

As much as Snyder wants to wish his franchise is worth $7b (or now, $6b), I genuinely do not see it. The stadium is a dump. Any move to a new stadium in DC would have to overcome ridiculous political hurdles that don’t exist for other cities. The fan base has been rapidly eroding for decades and is legitimately now bottom 10 in the league. We have a name nobody likes and a brand that will forever be tied to Dan ****ing Snyder unless they go through the process of re-branding AGAIN. We have allegations of financial malfeasance on the part of the owner and pending lawsuits hanging over the head of the franchise. And the minority owners were willing to part with their shares of the team, TWO YEARS AGO, at a roughly $2b valuation. I’m sorry but did they just willing cost themselves hundreds of millions of dollars? No. They saw the books and know the value. 

Everything out there about Snyder thinking it’s worth $6b+ is just smoke he himself has put out there. I don’t think Harris has offered that much. I don’t think anybody would offer that much. And now Snyder is desperate for someone to bail him out and hunting that he wants Bezos to jump into the mix. It’s also info Snyder’s side is leaking to try to pump up the price tag. 

I don't disagree with anything in your 3rd and 4th paragraphs.  The Broncos are a better organization with a better stadium (low bars to hurdle here).  And there are practically no redeeming qualities for the Commanders.  I can't think of one positive about the organization other than there are some guys on the team that I like.

But your summary doesn't allow for the fact that it's not up to what you and I or anyone else thinks the team is worth...the team is worth what people are willing to pay.  As I said in my previous message, if the Apostolololdopolous and Harris/Rales/Johnson offers are legit (and Keim reported them, so, IMO, they are), then we have two sets of people that are willing to pay 6 billion.

Despite all the problems with this franchise, you're neglecting the one thing that trumps all of those things that make an unsavory **** sandwich:  it's still an NFL franchise and owning an NFL franchise is ****ing cool, even if it's a ****ty team in a ****ty stadium with a ****ty rebrand.

These people who have made these offers aren't dumb.  They didn't amass their wealth by being stupid.  And so they know that if they get the team for 6 billion, fix the product on the field, help get a new stadium and pack it with fans, they can sell this franchise in 10 or 15 years for WAY more than they purchased it for, at an appreciation rate that you can't get anywhere else.  

So it doesn't matter how bad this team has been and how many problems it has.  Owning an NFL franchise is ****ing cool.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

These people who have made these offers aren't dumb.  They didn't amass their wealth by being stupid.  And so they know that if they get the team for 6 billion, fix the product on the field, help get a new stadium and pack it with fans, they can sell this franchise in 10 or 15 years for WAY more than they purchased it for, at an appreciation rate that you can't get anywhere else.  

So it doesn't matter how bad this team has been and how many problems it has.  Owning an NFL franchise is ****ing cool.  

Truer words have never been spoken. 

Bottom line is if you can afford to shell out the big bucks now and spend the additional to bring this organization out of the gutter you will certainly have a gold mine of an investment when its all said and done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yep, in fact the asset value will go up simply on the back of some stability. Will be worth double in a decade. Operationally it will be pretty much self financing. Yep facilities are screwed, and expensive to fix. But again, that cost will be covered over the medium to long term. 

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

E.  Ben mentioned he heard a new offer from someone new is coming.  Pivoting to Keim's podcast, he doubleed down today that there is still a mystery bidder in play

I hope it’s today. Keep the ball rolling.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Man...

I've said it before.  I kinda like Jerruh.  I know he's the Cowboys owner, I know we're all genetically predisposed to hating everything Cowboys related.  But, like, he's the last of a breed of a kind of a maverick owner from the 60s and 70s...the closest thing you'll get to an Al Davis type.  Spares no expense on his team.  

Don't like his team, certainly hate their fans but I have soft spot for Jerruh.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep, in fact the asset value will go up simply on the back of some stability. Will be worth double in a decade. Operationally it will be pretty much self financing. Yep facilities are screwed, and expensive to fix. But again, that cost will be covered over the medium to long term. 

Yep, and I have said this before, Snyder is his own worst enemy. Once he is gone I think you will see the local governments much more willing to negotiate a new stadium and assist with financing.

• Like 2

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Yep, and I have said this before, Snyder is his own worst enemy. Once he is gone I think you will see the local governments much more willing to negotiate a new stadium and assist with financing.

People will be all over this organisation under new ownership. They will be fighting amongst themselves to join the new era and be involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I would gamble that if all the new owner did was fix the on-field product and got this team to the playoffs consistently and wasn't a complete dillhole like Dan Snyder, the fans would come back and they'd sell out Fed Ex field.  I mean, RFK was a piece of ****, but it was a piece of **** everyone loved because of all the memories there...of course that was back in the day before luxury stadiums were all the rage, but still.   

With Snyder gone and the team improved, I bet getting a new stadium would be much easier.  That said, even if they don't get a new stadium but made some improvements and renovations to Fed Ex field, that would still go a long way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Est.1974 said:

People will be all over this organisation under new ownership. They will be fighting amongst themselves to join the new era and be involved.

Exactly, Snyder has no choice but to finance anything (stadium, training facilities) himself because he alienated everyone. No one wants to be associated with him which, especially in his financial state, he cant afford shiny new things. Probably the greatest influence over him selling. Your right, I think advertisers, influential government folks etc. will be falling over themselves to get on board.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wouldn't say Keim doesn't know anything.  He's been careful about saying what he knows and what he doesn't know.

If Bezos was the mystery bidder and these guys have it wrong on that front -- Bezos is off to a really odd crappy start because according to Keim the mystery bidder has been out there for weeks so the idea that Bezos would blow away other offers -- that idea at a minimum would be off to a stumbiling start.

The issue is we only know what has gotten to the public thus far. For all we know Bezos could've offered $7 billion already that Dan is considering, but that hasn't been or can't be confirmed. 

14 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The issue is we only know what has gotten to the public thus far. For all we know Bezos could've offered $7 billion already that Dan is considering, but that hasn't been or can't be confirmed. 

The last two NFL sales were completed by Allen and Conpany the same firm Bezos hired to run the deal for him.  Those guys know what they are doing. They also typically get paid a fee on the closing price in addition to the engagement fee. 

They have an incentive to get the deal done. They would also be involved in the last 3 NFL franchise sales. There is a ton of value to that. They also closed the Washington Post sale for Bezos. 

Not a peep from Bezos. Not a peep from Jay Z. They are handling business professionally. Remember the third richest human on the planet wants a team that is up for sale and hired the firm that brokered the last two sales. There is inevitability to it. Just a matter of time. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1