Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

7 hours ago, gooseneck said:

Why don’t the members of “extreme” all chip in and buy the team?

I appreciate that this is probably not a serious question, but I'll answer it anyway because I like numbers.

Six billion is a really big number, it would take 1,000 of us each contributing six million dollars. If we could get 10,000 extremers to chip in then each would have to stump up six hundred thousand dollars.

I could probably spare about six grand, so if 999,999 of you want to join me, then we could do this thing (unless Bezos decides to splash the cash).

In other words, it ain't gonna happen.

• Like 5

Caught a little of the Junkies, they all of a sudden seem high on the Harris group because of the coolness factor of Magic Johnson.  Shows the PR power of minority owners even though they technically have no power.  I'd presume the Canadian billionaire has one or two himself.  Seems to be the trend.  Even the Waltons added some even though he clearly didn't need the money.

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 6.45.54 AM.png

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I appreciate that this is probably not a serious question, but I'll answer it anyway because I like numbers.

Six billion is a really big number, it would take 1,000 of us each contributing six million dollars. If we could get 10,000 extremers to chip in then each would have to stump up six hundred thousand dollars.

I could probably spare about six grand, so if 999,999 of you want to join me, then we could do this thing (unless Bezos decides to splash the cash).

In other words, it ain't gonna happen.

I was really confused, I thought he was talking about the rock band.

My first thought was, they don't even play sradiums anymore,  no way they got the cash.

• Haha 3

Not that it matters but looks like fans want Harris or Bezos clearly, this is a bigger sample than when I posted yesterday

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 7.35.43 AM.png

Looks like Sheehan backs Perez' story that he heard Harris is just short of 6 billion.  NY Post backed it too.  If so impressive because he one upped Schefter, which you don't see happen much.  But even if so Schefter was close.

Sheehan said if Harris got to 6 billion it had to be a recent change of heart because he was in the high 5's and thought that was an overpay as is.  

But who knows, maybe Harris just said F'it and bit the bullet.

Sheehan said he still believes Harris gets this.  Finlay said the same recently. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Dan is going to be a very lucky man to bag a 6B sale price when you factor in the current state of the organisation, and you compare that 6B to prices that have gone before.

I’m convinced the BoA are pushing hard on an timely agreement now being done. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Dan is going to be a very lucky man to bag a 6B sale price when you factor in the current state of the organisation, and you compare that 6B to prices that have gone before.

Take it before they change their minds?

• Like 1

looks like the Post sort of backs the 6 billion figure.  Though the word "about" is nebulous.  So maybe the answer is if he's not at 6 billion, he's pretty darn close to it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/03/28/josh-harris-washington-commanders/

The formal bid by Harris’s group was confirmed by three people with direct knowledge of the sale process. One of them said the bid is worth about $6 billion, which is the figure that Daniel Snyder has been thought to be seeking for the team.

24 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Spitballing some here.  But wonder if we are at this point.

A. Harris is the only serious bidder

B.  Dan is trying to play up other bids as equally serious to spur Harris on.  According to Sheehan, Harris' team already thinks they are overpaying for this.

C.  Dan is at this point desperate for Bezos to bid -- who knows if he sells to him or not but Bezos in the picture at a minimum might spur Harris to go a bit higher

D.  Bezos might enjoy watching Snyder flail in the wind -- where the tables are turned from Dan prohibiting Bezos from bidding, to now Dan desperately wants him to bid.  So Bezos lets him squirm and either ultimately bids or never does and gets the last laugh for different reasons either way

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

If Harris is indeed the only serious bidder, in his shoes, I'd call Dan's bluff and say my bid has an expiration date on it.

Heck Dan gave Boby Beathard an hour to decide if he wants to take a job.  Give Dan a dose of his own medicine.

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Or Bezos is the "mystery bidder" and it just can't be confirmed by the media to report. I have a feeling that the firm he hired to handle this knows what they're doing. 

Among the ones talking about it, they said its absolutetly not Bezos.  

Bezos though doesn't need to play the mystery card, he exists as a potential buyer, and while most don't think he ends up with this team, no one is ruling him out either, yet.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Harris is indeed the only serious bidder, in his shoes, I'd call Dan's bluff and say my bid has an expiration date on it.

Heck Dan gave Boby Beathard an hour to decide if he wants to take a job.  Give Dan a dose of his own medicine.

Among the ones talking about it, they said its absolutetly not Bezos.  

Bezos though doesn't need to play the mystery card, he exists as a potential buyer, and while most don't think he ends up with this team, no one is ruling him out either, yet.

They're assuming he's not the mystery bidder, nobody knows anything 100%.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

That’s a Twitter poll from a pro Harris guy in Australia.  The actual scientific polls that have been done have Bezos ahead double of Harris. I haven’t seen a recent one that has 3 choices but I highly doubt Chad Ryan’s followers polled from 5-8 PM in a Tuesday are a snapshot of the fanbase.

So Harris says nothing, but the poll guy is pro-Harris....so it must be evil proof that Harris is purchasing the team to tank it for the Eagles.  Any 'scientific' poll or betting poll aren't helpful because there is nearly no one to ask that has a ****ing clue of what is going on.  To many people assume they have a clue and for some reason they (you) think you know something and it's bull****.

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

12 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

You love love Harris we get it. 

If Harris is known for hiring the best people why is RG3 on the Rich Eisen show hinting at his role with the team once Harris wins the bid? 

So you are saying RG3 is among the best people to help run a team or you are saying Harris is in fact not the best at hiring and partnering with people?

The same RGIII that said he was writing a book and a lot of other bull****, said something and that you do believe?  Why would anyone believe him?

Like many on here my main goal is to ditch Snyder and I don't have a clear favorite.  However, you clog this thread picking weird battles to 'prove' that only one person is worthy and will pick any random association you want to try and make it true.  image.gif.80ff059af06be066173a5919e6717cd0.gif

image.gif.2bb4fe7cdb7e51984ad4d37c8f9e6d27.gif

• Like 2

Ben Standing podcast had sports business expert Dan Kaplan on:

1) Provided Snyder doesn't  insist on indemnification from the league, the winning bid is chosen and presented to the NFL finance committee.

2) Using the Broncos sale time-line would not match up with this sale. The Bronos sale being an estate sale, for legal reasons, the NFL themselves pre-approved the buyers looking at that team. With the Commanders, the sellers pre-approved the bidders.

3) Therefore, it would not be as quick. The NFL will want to do it's due diligence on all the minority owners in the buyer's group. That could still add an extra month or two. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

So Harris says nothing, but the poll guy is pro-Harris....so it must be evil proof that Harris is purchasing the team to tank it for the Eagles. 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif.2bb4fe7cdb7e51984ad4d37c8f9e6d27.gif

LOL, so he will spend six billion to tank a team that does a pretty good job of tanking itself anyway. When's he going to buy out the other 30 teams?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Ben Standing podcast had sports business expert Dan Kaplan on:

1) Provided Snyder doesn't  insist on indemnification from the league, the winning bid is chosen and presented to the NFL finance committee.

The NFL can't get the law off Snyder's back. That's a pipe dream for him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

LOL, so he will spend six billion to tank a team that does a pretty good job of tanking itself anyway. When's he going to buy out the other 30 teams?

Its one of the stupidest “theories” Ive read on this forum and thats saying something 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1