Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Interesting, potentially two similarly bids to choose from. That’s not ideal, as out of pettiness Snyder may choose whoever he thinks is the worse option for the team. Then again, he’s so incompetent that he’d probably accidentally pick the best option. 

BofA will find a way to differentiate them.  The top-line money might be the same or similar, but the offer sheets will be particular to the buyer.  Just like buying a home, each will have different contingencies, clauses, etc. etc. etc.  (3 etc because for a $6 billion dollar deal, the paperwork is probably a foot high.)

BofA will play each off of each other to get the best terms possible.

While there's never a question of Dan being petty, BofA will probably not let that happen.  They'll guide him to the best deal.  

The thing to keep in mind, while Dan is a loose cannon and completely unpredictable, all of the other players are super professional.  Harris runs a Gooddamn Private Equity firm, the Canadian is a real estate developer and BofA IBank has a stellar reputation.  

They are also all represented by supremely professional advisors (legal, accounting, etc.)

None of them are going to allow Dan to poop on them or their reputations.  The deal will follow the rules, however much Dan is screaming and throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old who didn't get a ice cream cone at the county fair.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

I don't know why but I'm really pulling for Harris, then Bezos. 

I just get bad vibes from Apoopolololololol

I'm really pulling for Harris. He owns a lot of teams and is no stranger in rebuilding.  He's going to come in with a strategy in place.  Bezos, despite his money, has no experience in this field and things like that do still matter at the highest levels.  It sounds so easy to say "he can just hire the best people to run the team", but so can Harris. Harris can still build a stadium..in factm the district would be just giddy to work a deal out with anyone that's not Dan Snyder.  So why not prefer the guy who can give you all the things Bezos can, but with more experience?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The NY post confirms Perez reporting that the Harris bid includes parameters that might not make it worth $6B in cash.

9A572780-471B-4287-BB48-950DF9C4D699.thumb.jpeg.c1c3851db09effd425399347eeb9ac63.jpeg

It's speculation though.  Speaking of speculation, surprised you missed this part of the article

https://nypost.com/2023/03/28/dan-snyder-gets-6b-offer-for-washington-commanders-sources/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Meanwhile, speculation is simmering that Snyder — who, as reported by The Post, signed a confidentiality agreement with Amazon founder Jeff Bezos several weeks ago — is concerned that Bezos is not going to make an offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I don't know why but I'm really pulling for Harris, then Bezos. 

I just get bad vibes from Apoopolololololol

He's a Canadian.  

Blame Canada Always Blame Canada (NOTE: There is a naughty word in the video.  So if you don't like naughty words, don't click on the link.)

(PS: This is a joke.  I know a very nice Canadian.) 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, jjpomeroy said:

If both bids are equal as a tie breaker - the NFL should let Snyder pick his preference.  Once this group has been identified the NFL should select the opposite bidder.   Snyder’s business acumen is clearly so bad - the opposite would be the best bet for the fanbase

Are you saying Dan is a bad business man. He did own Six Flags and look at the great things he did there....oh wait, never mind. He owned Red Zebra Broadcasting and well, never mind that too. How about the great things he did for Johnny Rockets and Dick Clark Productions. Never mind....Dan just sucks as a businessman.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's speculation though.  Speaking of speculation, surprised you missed this part of the article

https://nypost.com/2023/03/28/dan-snyder-gets-6b-offer-for-washington-commanders-sources/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Meanwhile, speculation is simmering that Snyder — who, as reported by The Post, signed a confidentiality agreement with Amazon founder Jeff Bezos several weeks ago — is concerned that Bezos is not going to make an offer.

In my opinion Bezos will make an offer when BofA tells Allen and Company $6.xB is the number and it’s yours. It’s possible that doesn’t happen. Bezos will likely not let Dan say no to him.

I don’t think a scenario exists where Dan receives a bid higher than the others and can say no to Bezos. Bezos would not bid if that’s a possibility. However, I don’t think BofA or Allen and Company let that happen. We will see. 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

None of them are going to allow Dan to poop on them or their reputations.  The deal will follow the rules, however much Dan is screaming and throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old who didn't get a ice cream cone at the county fair.  

If that happens, I'd like for any or all of them to offer vanilla ice cream to Dan :)

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Are you saying Dan is a bad business man. He did own Six Flags and look at the great things he did there....oh wait, never mind. He owned Red Zebra Broadcasting and well, never mind that too. How about the great things he did for Johnny Rockets and Dick Clark Productions. Never mind....Dan just sucks as a businessman.

Maybe the only good thing Dan has done in his business life was hire Joe Gibbs (and possibly RR). 

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

In my opinion Bezos will make an offer when BofA tells Allen and Company $6.xB is the number and it’s yours. It’s possible that doesn’t happen. Bezos will likely not let Dan say no to him.

I don’t think a scenario exists where Dan receives a bid higher than the others and can say no to Bezos. Bezos would not bid if that’s a possibility. However, I don’t think BofA or Allen and Company let that happen. We will see. 

There has been a lot of fog and mixed stories about both Dan and Bezos on both ends where it seems hard to guess.  For me its 50-50 for Bezos, i don't rule him out, i don't rule him in.  

The NY Post guy, recalling his other stories seems to be a bit all over the place but often Dan friendly.  He had the story that the owners won't vote Dan out.  He's been the one covering the story that if i recall until very recently was betting that Dan doesn't sell.

At a minimum he and the Fox Business News guy have been the most Dan friendly thus far -- and if they are carrying Dan's water they are saying please, please, please bid.

While i agree that it looks clear that Dan wants him to bid. I don't get the sense that Dan wants him to wait to bid for the right time.  Feels like he wants him to bid now and Bezos hasn't done it.

I don't think its nuts for Bezos to think screw that dude, he wants me not, now he wants me, I am not going to give him what he wants and wait for Seattle.  I don't know one way or another but if I was like you and rooting for Bezos or bust, i'd want a move from him soon, if not, I'd start being concerned.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Everyone keeps saying this. But it isnt true. Bezos grew up in Houston and Miami. he went to high school in Miami. 

True. He just started Amazon in Seattle. He didn't grow up there. But I think he has a soft spot for Seattle.

4 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

True. He just started Amazon in Seattle. He didn't grow up there. But I think he has a soft spot for Seattle.

He wanted to build Amazon just outside of California so he would not have to charge sales tax shipping into his largest market. That’s one of the main reasons he choose Seattle instead of Silicon Valley.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

At a minimum he and the Fox Business News guy have been the most Dan friendly thus far -- and if they are carrying Dan's water they are saying please, please, please bid.

There is a huge difference between please please bid to we will accept your bid if it is the largest bid. It started with you can’t bid to fine we will let you sign the NDA to then we are open to a bid from you.

Once they get to a place where they say they will accept the highest dollar bid then he will chose to bid when there is one remaining bidder. That’s how it will play out in my opinion. If Dan insists that he wants to be able to say no to a Bezos bid that is larger than the others then Bezos will likely choose not to bid. 

Sorry for the double post. The site usually merges them .

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

SIP posted it before I saw. 

No shame in that.

@Skinsinparadise is the dark lord of Commanders/(Redskins) media.

He has a standing arrangement with all the major media conglomerates that they must send him copies of all their Commander related articles and tweets for his approval before dispersing them to the general public.

You will never beat him to the draw on a major article unless out of mercy  he wiilingly allows you to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

There is a huge difference between please please bid to we will accept your bid if it is the largest bid. It started with you can’t bid to fine we will let you sign the NDA to then we are open to a bid from you.

Once they get to a place where they say they will accept the highest dollar bid then he will chose to bid when there is one remaining bidder. That’s how it will play out in my opinion. If Dan insists that he wants to be able to say no to a Bezos bid that is larger than the others then Bezos will likely choose not to bid. 

Sorry for the double post. The site usually merges them .

The NDA was weeks ago though.   Dan's pal from Fox Business News when saying Dan is open to a bid from Bezos also said that Dan's team communicated that to Bezos team previously.  Perez has been saying for quite some times that Dan from what he heard would take a bid from Bezos.

I can run with the idea that he's still waiting to do it but my thought is the witching hour is unlikely months from now, if he's going to bid and it doesn't happen soon enough, I'd start wondering about the NY Post story which says Dan's team is wondering if Bezos will ever bid.

Keim, and I posted this at the time, months ago said he heard BOA would like Bezos to engage.    Keim is rarely wrong but heck on rare occasion everyone is wrong.

My point is I really doubt Dan is thinking please Bezos hold off on the bid, I'll tell you when.  I don't know what happens with the bid but plenty of smoke that its Bezos not Dan holding off right now as to the timing. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The NDA was weeks ago though.   Dan's pal from Fox Business News when saying Dan is open to a bid from Bezos also said that Dan's team communicated that to Bezos team previously.  Perez has been saying for quite some times that Dan from what he heard would take a bid from Bezos.

I can run with the idea that he's still waiting to do it but my thought is the witching hour is unlikely months from now, if he's going to bid and it doesn't happen soon enough, I'd start wondering about the NY Post story which says Dan's team is wondering if Bezos will ever bid.

Keim, and I posted this at the time, months ago said he heard BOA would like Bezos to engage.    Keim is rarely wrong but heck on rare occasion everyone is wrong.

My point is I really doubt Dan is thinking please Bezos hold off on the bid, I'll tell you when.  I don't know what happens with the bid but plenty of smoke that its Bezos not Dan holding off right now as to the timing. 

Dan taking a bid versus Dan being willing to accept a bid are not the same. When they are Bezos will bid. If Dan doesn’t get there, Bezos won’t bid. 

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan taking a bid versus Dan being willing to accept a bid are not the same. When they are Bezos will bid. If Dan doesn’t get there, Bezos won’t bid. 

The idea that Dan is using Bezos and wants him to bid for that reason versus he'd accept his bid -- don't see how you'd know until you play the hand and let it play out.

I gather your point is that he's waiting for Harris or whomever to keep upping their bid until its final.  And for Bezos to say if I give you this in response its final? 

If so, how do we know that Harris is going to keep upping his offer?

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I can't see why Bezos would prefer Seattle to DC. 

While it's his hometown and where he built his empire, there is no comparison between owning a franchise in the nation's capital vs a big city in the pacific northwest.

DC is major political hub not just for this country, but the entire world - and with that comes immense social and political power.

Bezos is no dummy, and I'm sure he knows this.

Jeff Bezos is worth over $121 billion and is the 3rd richest person in the world. The idea that he has to go anywhere to gain political power is laughable. Political power comes to him, not the other way around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The idea that Dan is using Bezos and wants him to bid for that reason versus he'd accept his bid -- don't see how you'd know until you play the hand and let it play out.

I gather your point is that he's waiting for Harris or whomever to keep upping their bid until its final.  And for Bezos to say if I give you this in response its final? 

If so, how do we know that Harris is going to keep upping his offer?

No my point is if Bezos is assured that his bid will be accepted if it’s the highest bid after any back and forth with Harris then he will bid. What Bezos won’t do is let Dan choose Harris at a lower bid and say I refused to sell to Bezos.

He’s not going to give Dan that opportunity to punk him.  In any other deal, that’s usually a given but with Dan it’s not. 

Edited by SoCalSkins