Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

22 minutes ago, Conn said:

Interesting, potentially two similarly bids to choose from. That’s not ideal, as out of pettiness Snyder may choose whoever he thinks is the worse option for the team. Then again, he’s so incompetent that he’d probably accidentally pick the best option. 

main-qimg-86683fc35b8afb34c8881377cf7c395c-lq.jpeg

• Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Conn said:

Interesting, potentially two similarly bids to choose from. That’s not ideal, as out of pettiness Snyder may choose whoever he thinks is the worse option for the team. Then again, he’s so incompetent that he’d probably accidentally pick the best option. 

I was down playing The Canadian billionaire but i am not now.  I recall Bram talking about how this dude is following Wright and a bunch of other Commander associated people on twitter.  i didn't think much of it until now when i see Jason Wright follows this guy and just liked his tweet.

As much as we want Dan gone -- sometimes current staff doesn't clamor for change like that because it puts their jobs in jeopardy.  It looks like Harris already probed about changing the coaching.  Wouldn't shock me if the Canadian billionaire told Dan he'd keep his staff -- and Dan in turn likes that. Just spit balling a little. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I have sources confirming that Steve Wataopololsis will be purchasing 70% of the team, Harris will buy 30% of the team, and then both will sell 20% each of the team to Dan Snyder. SoCalSkins was on the right track, but was low-balling the percentage.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was down playing The Canadian billionaire but i am not now.  I recall Bram talking about how this dude is following Wright and a bunch of other Commander associated people on twitter.  i didn't think much of it until now when i see Jason Wright follows this guy and just liked his tweet.

I think Wright should be, or at least appear, more impartial in this process. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I have sources confirming that Steve Wataopololsis will be purchasing 70% of the team, Harris will buy 30% of the team, and then both will sell 20% each of the team to Dan Snyder. SoCalSkins was on the right track, but was low-balling the percentage.

All the other prospective owners except for Bezos will have a pool of minority owners which will include Dan, Tanya, Larry Michael, Cerrato, Bruce Allen and Zorn. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

As much as we want Dan gone -- sometimes current staff doesn't clamor for change like that because it puts their jobs in jeopardy.  It looks like Harris already probed about changing the coaching.  Wouldn't shock me if the Canadian billionaire told Dan he'd keep his staff -- and Dan in turns like that. 

Just spit balling a little. 

Maybe....but Harris didn't do that when he bought the Sixers and he gave "nice guy" Brett Brown probably two years too many after the Sixers got out of the tanking phase. I think Harris would like RR and would give him every benefit of the doubt....HOWEVER, Harris would be more likely to make changes at the top in management and then let the new GM hire the head coach moving forward. I also think RR is owed one year just for bringing some respectability back to the team and dealing with all the crap he inherited. But what do any of us really know? I'd be very, very surprised if Harris bought the team and immediately cleaned house, especially with Bieniemy just being hired. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Kinda hoping Jason Wright departs soon after Dan.

I dunno. I initially liked his hiring but became very anti-Wright over time, only because he obviously became just a mouthpiece/fall guy for Snyder.

With Snyder out of the way I think he could be an asset to the team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I think Wright should be, or at least appear, more impartial in this process. 

Yeah that's what makes it feel a bit suspicious to me.  I've read that Wright is super tight with Tanya so am wondering if he knows something?  I am hoping not -- I'll embrace any of these owners but Harris and Bezos are the only ones for now that I am jazzed about.  But I admit I know nothing about the Canadian billionaire, I've poked around on google but haven't found much.

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Maybe....but Harris didn't do that when he bought the Sixers and he gave "nice guy" Brett Brown probably two years too many after the Sixers got out of the tanking phase. I think Harris would like RR and would give him every benefit of the doubt....HOWEVER, Harris would be more likely to make changes at the top in management and then let the new GM hire the head coach moving forward. I also think RR is owed one year just for bringing some respectability back to the team and dealing with all the crap he inherited. But what do any of us really know? I'd be very, very surprised if Harris bought the team and immediately cleaned house, especially with Bieniemy just being hired. 

I know.  But Sean Payton alluding to that he talked to a prospective owner of the team about coaching this year -- some tea leaves that there is a good chance that was Harris for reasons I've explained but too tired to repeat. 

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

i didn't think much of it until now when i see Jason Wright follows this guy and just liked his tweet

I think you have it backwards.  Apostolopoulos liked a tweet of Jason Wright, not the other way around...

23 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I just heard from a "source" (guy who's somewhat plugged into finance of media/sports/entertainment) that Bezos has looked into it but is more interested in the Seahawks. Sorry, @SoCalSkins.

I have a source the Greek guy was able to make the bid because he will be the most efficient in cutting costs in the training room. We will be spraying Windex on every injury. It will work miracles and save money. 

0894D3DA-146A-4355-8593-B3C58F486C0D.gif.e2eca4ab8e4d9d821a81139d9d6c7cdf.gif

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've read that Wright is super tight with Tanya so am wondering if he knows something?  I am hoping not -- I'll embrace any of these owners but Harris and Bezos are the only ones for now that I am jazzed about.  But I admit I know nothing about the Canadian billionaire, I've poked around on google but haven't found much.

Can’t see how Wright sticks around under new ownership with such close links to the Synders. He’s maybe facilitated encouraging that second bid in order to drive the price to 6B from Harris/Rales. Who knows. They’ll be plenty of crap going on behind the scenes, as per usual...

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Can’t see how Wright sticks around under new ownership with such close links to the Synders. He’s maybe facilitated encouraging that second bid in order to drive the price to 6B from Harris/Rales. Who knows. They’ll be plenty of crap going on behind the scenes, as per usual...

If two groups have the same bid don't we now have a bid off like at an auction until someone blinks?

This thing starting to come to a boil is so cool.  Think about it, out from under the thumb of the worst owner in the history of professional sports, the salary cap books are relatively clean, and we have our full compliment of draft picks, or thereabouts, for all the upcoming years.  If somehow Sam Howell is even a moderate hit, you basically hit a straight flush in terms of reversing your fortunes as a destitute franchise.

Animated GIF

• Like 6

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

If two groups have the same bid don't we now have a bid off like at an auction until someone blinks?

They keep sweetening the deal or one drops out. Then when the price is maxed with a single bidder,  Bezos comes in and adds 5% and it’s over. 

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Personally, i like Rivera more than most and also like Wright more than most.  But i can care less who makes it or survives a purge.

I'd gather with this sale in particular its a unique situation because you got to bring back a fan base, much of which has gone away.  Dan leaving I think naturally will bring back some fans but it wouldn't surprise me if they feel compelled to showcase some sort of change. 

• Like 1