Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note I listened to Liz Clark on Galdi, she's one of the straggler pessimsts on the sale. 

The gist of it is she entertains the idea that Dan does sell.   She agrees that he has massive debt which is pressuing him to sell.  She explained something on that front which I now understand better.  The 450 million debt waiver from the league bascially allowed him to go over the maximum debt the owner is allowed by the league, he clearly was already at that max, but he added an additional 450 million beyond being maxed out.  Hence the stories about him being a billion plus in debt.

I still, to this day, don't understand why the league supported and facilitated that.  They already didnt want him around then, but they not only gave him more power, they made it harder to get rid of him.  Only to promptly turn around and regret it.  It seemed crazy at the time and only seems crazier as time goes on.  

Just now, justice98 said:

I still, to this day, don't understand why the league supported and facilitated that.  They already didnt want him around then, but they not only gave him more power, they made it harder to get rid of him.  Only to promptly turn around and regret it.  It seemed crazy at the time and only seems crazier as time goes on.  

I doubt it was devious but if it were i give them credit because even though it felt like crap at the time -- sounds like it helped nail his financial grave.  

Given that the info to Schefter was definitely from the Snyders.  

This appears to be the going going gone portion of the sale. Will they give you know who a couple days, couple weeks, one week? 

We’re in the endgame 

Either way Harris or other. It’s almost over thankfully.

Edited by Blanka
Forgot a statement

54 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I get a sense listening to him, he's been much more frustrated with the last 3 years of distractions than he's been projecting.  Even though new ownership might cost him his job, he sounds excited about it.  LOL

He's probably a confident man that thinks that, devoid of all the distractions and nonsense of the current owner, he can do his job successfully and win 10-12 games.

• Like 1

Just now, Blanka said:

this appears to be the going going gone portion of the sale. Will they give you know who a couple days, couple weeks, one week? 

We’re in the endgame 

This is how it feels to me as well

Street Fighter Brazil GIF

1 minute ago, Blanka said:

this appears to be the going going gone portion of the sale. Will they give you know who a couple days, couple weeks, one week? 

We’re in the endgame 

Unless it's one last attempt to get Bezos to blow them out of the water. If not, this thing seems to be done.

Edited by lavar1156
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Only Dan knows where we really are, at this point.

All Martin, Ron, etc… can do is proceed as normal.  They do know that a new owner can completely change direction. They also know that this season is an audition to remain on the job.

Except there can't be a normal if decisions are or aren't being made because of the ownership situation.

Unless something changes, weird week for the Junkies.  Sadly Sheehan's show is moving to 10 am so the Junkies is all there is now in the morning, starting in April 😢. I don't think the Junkies are awful, they are OK, but its tough for me to take them seriously with their sports takes because they don't know much about sports.  And their emotional swings from one thing to another is evident with the ownership stuff, too.

A.  They make a big deal about having a scoop about a new bid, Brian Davis,

B.  Just fall in love with him instantly.  Saying he's who they want as the owner.

C.  Even though they did the annoucement they clearly spent no time vetting him, which is odd or lazy.  Finlay who came on right after their show spent 5 minutes googling Davis and was already poised to shoot his viability down

D.  The people covering the story including Keim and the WP have so far just ignored the story completely

E.  I listened to them talk about the sale this morning and maybe I missed a segment but they didn't even reference Davis, so am gathering they were spoken to about the subject and were told to stand down

F.  They are the only local radio personalities-beat guys who oddly have it out for Harris, culiminating with them saying no one in the fan base wants Harris.  That's fine but it would ironic if Harris ends up the owner, I'd expect them to get really bitter about it.   They think Rivera is a comically Zorn level bad coach and they dislike Harris so it will be I gather a miserable ride for them.

Maybe the Davis story makes a comback.   But today it looks like they made much ado about nothing.  Will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m waiting for the Snider “give me 2 minutes to explain what Shefter just tweeted that I’m going to take credit for” tweet. 

Knowing his style what would be on brand is he will say starting last night he heard that Harris was really pushing it, then he heard in the morning the bid was finally submitted, heard it from multiple sources but was waiting for one more source to confirm when Schefter broke it. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, FootballZombie said:

This is why you don't go around reporting everything you hear at the end of a sale. The junkies looked bad yesterday, but today they look like right fools.

But they said there was an all cash offer...LOL...yeah right.