Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So I slam the Junkies.  And you say you disagree?  So I guess that would mean you like them

You said this:

. I don't think the Junkies are awful, they are OK, but its tough for me to take them seriously with their sports takes because they don't know much about sports. 

I disagree.  I think they are awful.  

For the Bezos or bust crowd.  As I've been saying AJ Perez should be your hero, even though he seems hated here by some -- because he's been the biggest stalwart that Bezos is a potential player in this and hasn't really wavered at all for months on the point -- both from the perspective of Bezos' interest and Dan's willingness to sell to him -- even though ironically he was the one who broke the story months back that Bezos hadn't submitted a bid.

So he said just now, he's heard Bezos still potentially in play.

He does think he has to outbid Harris to pull this off, just beating Harris by a hair won't be enough because Dan would then sell to Harris.

He thinks the 6 billion offer from Harris is a big deal because he kept hearing its a benchmark from Dan

He thinks that although some owners would love to have Bezos, they won't pressure Dan to sell to him, they at this point just want to see the deal done 

He's optimistc its close as far as the deal being done, but close is dictated by Dan of course

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

How pissed should Harris be that this got out?

Man should be full on temper tantrum right now. Its public-ally giving Bezos the number to beat.

Doesn't matter in the slightest.

BofA would be able to get Bezos the number in an ethical way which follows all the rules, which I'm sure they are doing. 

That's what happened with the Broncos and Walmart.

While it is frowned on to just take a number and give it to another bidder, Bezos could get enough of an idea of the top bid even if nothing was leaked.

ALSO, granted, it came from Shefter, which means SOMEBODY told him.  If Dan violated the terms of the confidentiality agreement, Harris has grounds to sue him for BILLIONS of dollars.  So, I'm still somewhat skeptical of the reporting.  It's likely true  because of who reported it. But who gave it to Shefter and the timing ...  I dunno.  It's odd.  I really don't think any of the principals would dare.  Unless the confidentiality agreement is very loose.  Which I would also find strange.  

In a strange way, I wonder if it is Harris who put it out there themselves in some way.  They might know Bezos is not interested, and they want to push it along, and by putting out there they have made a formal offer for the asking price, they're letting the NFL know, so they can pressure Dan to speed things up.

I will say, this is weird.  Billion dollar deals like this typically don't leak like the freaking Titanic.  But, Dan is weird.  So, it fits.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

How pissed should Harris be that this got out?

Man should be full on temper tantrum right now. Its public-ally giving Bezos the number to beat.

Harris has been around the block and knows the game.  You don't engage in this if you want to keep things a secret forever.  Leaks can't be prevented.

Even if the number were hidden, Bezos could call up and be like "yo, what do I gotta do to make the best offer?" It's not a big deal.

33 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

This is why you don't go around reporting everything you hear at the end of a sale. The junkies looked bad yesterday, but today they look like right fools.

In fairness, they have looked like fools for decades.  But they are entertaining, and our fan base has become stupid, so they can't tell the junkies are stupid.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Harris has been around the block and knows the game.  You don't engage in this if you want to keep things a secret forever.  Leaks can't be prevented.

Even if the number were hidden, Bezos could call up and be like "yo, what do I gotta do to make the best offer?" It's not a big deal.

Leaks from inside the process are extremely rare.  

Office gossip is prevalent.  

Office gossip becomes leaks, which mean nothing.

If this had been reported by anybody but Shefter, I would have said there was no truth to it and just ignore it.

But Shefter wouldn't report it unless he was told and it could be verified.  

And that's REALLY REALLY unusual.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

In fairness, they have looked like fools for decades.  But they are entertaining, and our fan base has become stupid, so they can't tell the junkies are stupid.  

Agreed. Some in the fan base can't even understand basic free agency rules versus trades.

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Which equals carefully watching twitter to try and take credit for somebody else's work.

Dude is a failure of a journalist, a complete hack and should be boycotted.  Bram, Kiem, JP and others have all said, without naming names, they have been frustrated by the coverage fro other local media outlets for not giving credit when they use a story.  A lot of it was aimed at the post. If I'm not mistaken, Snider was at the post forever.  I don't think this is a coincidence. 

From what I can tell Snider hasn't really pretended much in recent years that he has sources that's part of the reason why I've found him harmless for the most part -- but on this story, wow, is he acting like he does. 

And it's beyond comical how awful he is at pretending, I think I can pull off I have "sources" on this better than he can.   Because I think i am really deep into reading-watching everything on this.  He's not bad at it but I am like addicted to the process in an unhealthy way and I think I can pretend if I had to better than he does :ols:

So for example I read like everyone else the ESPN story about Dan's finances but in addition to that I listened to that same dude elaborate in 4 different podcasts even more about what he found.  So I can just say yeah there is something to that story and then finish by sayting here's some more I heard from "sources" -- and the more is just purely hearing more stuff from the same author beyond the actual story.   That's basically what Snider has been doing.

Or Keim for example keeps talking about 2 mystery buyers, both of whom visted weeks ago.  More people are picking up on that story but most still don't.  So I can say my sources told me there is a 2nd mystery buyer, they visted weeks ago -- then I add some plausible BS component to it like I heard they are very interested but very discreet :ols:

But yeah I think his coverage of this has been clownshow bad.  I think it would have been better for him if he stuck in his lane -- talking about the past, nostalgia, etc.  

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Leaks from inside the process are extremely rare.  

Office gossip is prevalent.  

Office gossip becomes leaks, which mean nothing.

If this had been reported by anybody but Shefter, I would have said there was no truth to it and just ignore it.

But Shefter wouldn't report it unless he was told and it could be verified.  

And that's REALLY REALLY unusual.  

And here we are.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK I basically gave them faint praise and then ripped them.  But I follow your point.  

There was no reason to give faint praise.  They are just into self gratification nonsense.  

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Now that’s the news of that bid is out from Schefter this is all but done. They have bid the asking price. There is no bidding war coming. That price is what, 30% higher than the previous record. It won’t be rejected.

Eh.  If Uncle Jeff calls up and says "$6.5 all cash close tomorrow"  he'll get the team.  He doesn't need financing.  He just "writes a check."

That could happen.  I don't think it will.  But it could.

When you have "eff you" money, anything is possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I still, to this day, don't understand why the league supported and facilitated that.  They already didnt want him around then, but they not only gave him more power, they made it harder to get rid of him.  Only to promptly turn around and regret it.  It seemed crazy at the time and only seems crazier as time goes on.  

?? That was a master stroke, taking on that extra debt is the entire reason he’s selling. Knowing his situation, they leveraged him financially and he didn’t even realize it because his ego is so big and deluded. They allowed him to take on too much water knowing he’d have to eventually sell to get bailed out. It’s the entire reason we’re in this position imo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

That Junkies report was absolutely bizarre. Someone with an agenda fed that to them. I've never been a huge fan of their show and this doesn't help my opinion.

That was a weird one, I have no idea how they were dumb enough to fall for that nonsense and go on air with it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

That Junkies report was absolutely bizarre. Someone with an agenda fed that to them. I've never been a huge fan of their show and this doesn't help my opinion.

Agree.  For me its their bizzare love turned to hate for Ron Rivera -- coupled with their really odd dance on the ownership stuff.    I also think its strange for a "sports show" to have hosts who have so little knowledge or passion for sports.

For me when they are off the cuff goofing on people, etc, they can be funny.  But when I listen to sports shows i want to be informed about sports.  So sad for me that Sheehan is now going to be on at 10 and all we have are the Junkies soon in the morning.  I'll probably just listen to podcasts at that time, and listen to Keim when he makes his weekly appearance on their show.

• Like 1

The league sold Dan the rope to hang himself with via the debt to buy out the other minority partners.

Schar, Fred Davis and the other guy are martyrs for kamikazeing themselves to force out Dan.

Now it's time to see how badly Bezos wants this team. If he really, really, really wants it, it's his.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

45 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You would have to assume the Harris group was one of the one's to reach out to Sean Payton. So not sure if it's relief for him.

You would actually not have to assume that, you just like doing it. Harris is actually the potential buyer who I pegged as the least likely to try to line up Payton. He does things in a measured and thorough way and that doesn’t really fit his M.O. in my view