Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

33 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The issue is we only know what has gotten to the public thus far. For all we know Bezos could've offered $7 billion already that Dan is considering, but that hasn't been or can't be confirmed. 

The issue is about the mystery buyer and its been said is not Bezos, that was the discussion.  The way its been described is the bidder is a name that has not been bandied about in the mix of the soup of these bids thus far.  Bezos is a known player in this or at least potential player. 

As for Bezos secretly has given a 7 billion offer as a hypothetical.  Yeah anything is possible.  But it feels unlikey considering two reporters friendly to Dan have said recently its ok for Bezos to bid and then yesterday it was said they are fearful that he won't bid after all.  Perez who seems to be friendly to the Bezos side of things so to speak just said yesterday that Harris has the only serious bid. 

They might all be wrong but I suspect they are right because I'd doubt that Bezos would be the one bidder pulling it off completely under the radar and to boot Dan hasn't accepted his offer. 

No doubt that there is plenty of information we don't know but its not like we don't know anything. We do know for example some of the bidders -- these aren't dudes that the press made up.  We have a pretty good ball park idea of what Dan has been offered.  

The big wildcards left seem to be who is this mystery buyer and how serious are they?  And what is Bezos going to do?  You seem to think the two variables could be the same thing.  I got no idea of course personally but the ones who are bringing up these scenarios suggest these are two seperate variables as opposed to both variables being Bezos.  But who knows?  Will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1

PHOENIX — Jason Wright initially answered with one word when asked if he views a sale of the Washington Commanders as a positive. 

“Yes,” the team president said. 

Wright said Tuesday evening that owner Dan Snyder selling the team will provide a “substantial boost” to the franchise whenever that time comes. That will be reflected, he said, on the business side — which Wright expects to see “accelerate” and be able to further invest on the football side of the building. 

On Tuesday, Wright made clear: A sale is going to happen. 

“I don’t know what indicators they’re giving that they’re not (selling),” Wright laughed. “What signal are they giving that they’re not selling the team?” 

Wright said that Snyder’s “family office” has mostly handled the sale process, adding he’s still “more than arm’s length away” from being directly involved. But as a top executive, Wright said he’s helped with the transition. When prospective buyers take tours of the Commanders’ facility, for instance, Wright said he leads “management presentations” to the candidates.

He said he has given prospective buyers a full rundown of the Commanders’ business, telling them what areas are needed for investment and strategy. 

“Everybody needs to know what they’re walking into,” Wright said. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PHOENIX — Jason Wright initially answered with one word when asked if he views a sale of the Washington Commanders as a positive. 

“Yes,” the team president said. 

Wright said Tuesday evening that owner Dan Snyder selling the team will provide a “substantial boost” to the franchise whenever that time comes. That will be reflected, he said, on the business side — which Wright expects to see “accelerate” and be able to further invest on the football side of the building. 

On Tuesday, Wright made clear: A sale is going to happen. 

“I don’t know what indicators they’re giving that they’re not (selling),” Wright laughed. “What signal are they giving that they’re not selling the team?” 

Wright said that Snyder’s “family office” has mostly handled the sale process, adding he’s still “more than arm’s length away” from being directly involved. But as a top executive, Wright said he’s helped with the transition. When prospective buyers take tours of the Commanders’ facility, for instance, Wright said he leads “management presentations” to the candidates.

He said he has given prospective buyers a full rundown of the Commanders’ business, telling them what areas are needed for investment and strategy. 

“Everybody needs to know what they’re walking into,” Wright said. 

I can imagine no one hates Snyder more than Wright given that Wright has looked pretty damn incompetent in his role. I'm sure a lot of that is Snyder.

But man, I've never seen a guy needing a team to be sold more than Wright. Dude will lose his job faster than a hiccup. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Apparently Jason isn't worried about kissing Dan's ass anymore or getting fired. lol

Next he will be Costanza style, dragging the Lombardi's around the parking lot until he gets Dan's attention.  The lombardis are pretty accessible, they have them on display right near the front door when you walk in on the left. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm sure he's giddy at the thought of having that nasty Snyder stench off of him.

The clincher will be when the "Command Center" crew, Julie Donaldson et al start taking shots at him. Then you know its a done deal!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

PHOENIX -- Dan Snyder will soon have $6 billion and a reputation worth $6.

The Washington Commanders will soon be sold to a new owner, and sources say Snyder could land on who he's picking within one to three weeks.

Multiple sources tell CBS Sports there are as many as four bidders at this point for the team. Josh Harris and Steve Apostolopoulos have agreed to reach the magical $6 billion mark, according to ESPN, and Tilman Fertitta remains in the mix, though he has yet to make an official tour of the team facilities.

Sources also say there's a mystery fourth bidder, but there are no further details on who it could be.

....That's because everyone just wants this done. Snyder wants to sell. His fellow owners want him to sell. The league office wants him to sell. Commanders fans want new ownership. There's little reason to poke the bear at this point, weeks from a resolution.

"The briefing [from the NFL] was, when we get something we'll let you know," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said at the conclusion of the meetings.

Falcons owner Arthur Blank told a small group of reporters he believed Snyder had moved to London, and reports had he and his wife Tanya change their legal residence earlier this year. His son, Gerry, no longer appears on the Appalachian State football roster, and a school spokesperson confirmed he is not enrolled at the university this semester. Snyder has one D.C.-area estate for sale on the market and has cleared out ownership offices.

"The league is doing whatever it can to help support the Snyders in this transaction and transition," Blank said. "I saw Tanya this morning and wished her well, Dan as well. I think their family has moved to London, I believe. We'll see what will happen. He's a young man, his children are young, his wife's young and they have a whole life ahead of them. I certainly wish them well."

What's more, there was never a true appetite from NFL team owners to vote out Snyder. That was always considered a nuclear option, but team owners had the patience to wait on what is now happening to ultimately take place.

The Mary Jo White investigation into Snyder continues, and a source confirmed a report from The Washington Post that Snyder has yet to consent to an interview with White. Sources across the league believe this is how things will play out: Snyder won't do the interview, the investigation's findings without Snyder defending himself will be publicly released, and he'll lives overseas and out of the public eye for some time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-sale-whats-next-after-two-groups-submit-bids-including-timetable-decision-making-process-more/

14 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

They confusing Michael with Magic? lol

They are referencing a story that Loverro put out last week that he heard months before a group that including Jordan might poke around on this.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Will the new owner keep Jason Wright ?

Jason has to go. Everything associated with Snyder has to go. We don’t need the guy who was in charge of the name change anywhere near the building.

The name has to go. You can’t spend the most money ever paid for a sports franchise in human history and keep the name Dan slapped on the team a year earlier permanently.

It’s a massive fu to the fans if they do. I don’t care if another name is worse than Commanders, as long as Dan didn’t pick it. you can’t have Jason anywhere near the process. The dude has to be fired day 1.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jason has to go. Everything associated with Snyder has to go. We don’t need the guy who was in charge of the name change anywhere near the building.

The name has to go. You can’t spend the most money ever paid for a sports franchise in human history and keep the name Dan slapped on the team a year earlier permanently.

It’s a massive fu to the fans if they do. I don’t care if another name is worse than Commanders, as long as Dan didn’t pick it. you can’t have Jason anywhere near the process. The dude has to be fired day 1.

Yeah, I'd rather go back to WFT and allow an actual name that means something to the area.  My pick was Sentries (tied to the guards of the tomb of the unknown soldier).  Easy nickname of "Sens" and is two syllables.  

• Like 1

Just now, mhd24 said:

Yeah, I'd rather go back to WFT and allow an actual name that means something to the area.  My pick was Sentries (tied to the guards of the tomb of the unknown soldier).  Easy nickname of "Sens" and is two syllables.  

I was a red anything guy but at this point I don’t care as long as it’s not Commanders. The name is just too tied to Dan. It has to go. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

I don't agree with that. Blindly getting rid of everything associated with Snyder is a very Dan Snyder thing to do. The new owner needs to come in and evaluate everything. Don't rush to make changes just for the sake of change. Be smart and hire good football people.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1