Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

People need to chill considering right now Dan is probably scouting the college QBs.

I bet he already have his eyes on that 5th round QB he'll take with the 1st pick and believe he once again outsmarted everyone.

Or they'll pick whoever is really the best, and neglect OL and have him killed by week 3 of the 2023 season.

• Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

I think both things can be true. Our OL is horrid and Wentz is getting demolished back there so far this season. But he's also still making those random boneheaded plays that are daggers.

I agree, so for that reason JP is of course correct the O Line is probably the worst in football, but Carson is actually trash, they combo leads us to where we are

• Like 4

Just now, Simmsy said:

No way Ron has the locker room, no ****ing way. Now Dallas is going to win too.

We have some pros in our locker room and they won't throw Ron under the bus, but I'm sure deep down they're frustrated knowing that the coaching is holding the team back.

• Like 2

On 2nd & Goal I am pretty sure Wentz could have ran it right up the middle for the TD.  I wonder if he was determined to get rid of the ball quick though because of being concious about the lack of timeouts and fearing the clock running out too quick.  With his size, he is likely getting the ball over the goal line.   We will never know now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Have him playing in a scheme he didn’t play before. That’s on JDR as much WJJr

people need to stop repeating stuff that isn’t true just because it feels good. He sucked in man (his Bengals calling card) already last year, and actually (surprisingly) improved last year once they asked him to do more zone. And he sucks all over this year. 

Year 3 and we’re supposed to “take the next step” but we’re worse then year 1. It’s a never ending cycle of 5-8 wins and then a the times we actually bottom out, there’s no quarterback to take. Season on the line and can’t get 2 yards.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

Wentz didn’t design those plays. Turner is the opposite of his dad.

Norv was the best I’ve seen designing 3rd down plays, his son was definitely sleeping when class was in.

The play calling absolutely sucked. 

But on 2nd he could have ran into the end zone (and I'd he didn't there was enough time to spike and have a 1st down play)

3rd down he had plenty of time and no need to rush. He could have waited to see if anything opened up.

3 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I agree, so for that reason JP is of course correct the O Line is probably the worst in football, but Carson is actually trash, they combo leads us to where we are

I think so far Wentz has shown us that he's the guy most of us thought he was. A middle of the road QB who will make some really good plays and then follow them up by really boneheaded ones. Unfortunately we don't really have a better option at this point (unless the coaches think Howell is ready...but I also wouldn't want a rookie to get shell shocked behind this horrible OL)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What will really annoy me is Ron being stubborn and leaving Wentz in too long converting the 3rd we owe Indy into a 2nd.  There's no reason for Wentz to play too many more games.  Its obvious he's not a possible long term answer, we took the 1 year flyer and it didn't work. 

Wentz is best QB weve had since Kirk and probably Rypien before them. Is he going to be elite? no, but we havent had one of those in our history

Just now, TMK9973 said:

The play calling absolutely sucked. 

But on 2nd he could have ran into the end zone (and I'd he didn't there was enough time to spike and have a 1st down play)

3rd down he had plenty of time and no need to rush. He could have waited to see if anything opened up.

There was no running with no timeouts. It’s just stupid we didn’t have a timeout in that situation 

Ron is one of the worst game time managers I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Just now, mistertim said:

I think so far Wentz has shown us that he's the guy most of us thought he was. A middle of the road QB who will make some really good plays and then follow them up by really boneheaded ones. Unfortunately we don't really have a better option at this point (unless the coaches think Howell is ready...but I also wouldn't want a rookie to get shell shocked behind this horrible OL)

The seasons finished, we’ve got a 70% snap count on Wentz and sending a second to Indi, I play Carson on Thursday and if he blows chunks again then it’s time to seriously consider Heinicke if only just to avoid losing that draft capital

Howell definitely not yet, not at least until Houston

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1