Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

How about that 1st throw out of the endzone to no one. Was that also bad play calling?

Probably , I myself thought (in the moment)

BRob was gettin the ball.

1 hour ago, Rocket442Olds said:

..What is the percentage he has to play before that 3rd rounder flips to a 2nd?

What is the percentage we bench him after 71% usage

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

Norwel was horrible

Carolina??

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m fairness we’ve sucked uncontrollably at slamming it up the guy for years.  And our OL is decimated.  

Coulda shot it up there with B.Rob....it was perfectly set up.

1 hour ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

....no signs of improvement.  This team is going backwards.  No innovation on offense,  stupid untimely penalties,  no emotion whatsoever from Ron...

Just waay too conservative most of the time. But they aggressively do dumb ****.

1 hour ago, skins4eva said:

..Turner is worse than Jack Del Rio and that's saying something...

Idk. Turner's working with a depleted most important unit.

Del Rio has about 6 1st rounders he makes look average.

Edited by CommanderDOOM
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So if a coach refuses to intentionally tank a season he should be fired?

And who exactly would we be "evaluating" by benching Wentz? Howell? Even if he's ready, and that's a big if, I'm dubious that we would actually be able to get a feel for him behind such terrible OL play.

If a coach is going to turn a top 40 pick into a top 70 for no reason other than I don't want to lose the locker room of a team that amounted to a couple of wins, yeah he should be fired (in reality, it's just accelerating the firing that will happen in the off season).

Lawrence got trudged out there behind last year's Jags oline.  You can still evaluate.  Just factor in the line.

• Like 2

Uh Howell has no future here other than being the backup.

If we are in position to draft a qb in 23; then that qb is the future.

Thing Is, I would be scared to death if Ron still the head coach and we have a pick where we could draft a qb.

Ron will be even under more pressure to win next year and he isn’t going with a rookie qb. He will try to find another vet qb. Jimmy G could be that guy. So, Ron is here in 23; doubtful we draft a qb with our high 1st round pick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mooka said:

So the current regime is jut going to quit or something 5 weeks into the season? Ron and CO aren't going to make moves for their replacements next year. That's absurd. 

Our Center can't even snap the football.... we're not throwing Howell out there. 

Might see him week 18. 

With a Top 5 pick, we’re drafting QB for sure next draft.  Howell might never get a chance to show if he belongs in the league or not.  To be quite honest, the line shouldn’t be a hindrance to Howell getting play time or not.  Wentz sucks, because he holds the ball too long, is inaccurate and can’t get to his checkdowns when they’re needed.  Howell is more mobile, and can move in the pocket, unlike Wentz.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, samy316 said:

With a Top 5 pick, we’re drafting QB for sure next draft.  Howell might never get a chance to show if he belongs in the league or not.  To be quite honest, the line shouldn’t be a hindrance to Howell getting play time or not.  Wentz sucks, because he holds the ball too long, is inaccurate and can’t get to his checkdowns when they’re needed.  Howell is more mobile, and can move in the pocket, unlike Wentz.

all depends on if any changes are made with ownership and or coaching. i dont keep up with prospects but you could get more of a sure bet with a bluechip LT/LB/DB vs QB imo

9 minutes ago, bearrock said:

If a coach is going to turn a top 40 pick into a top 70 for no reason other than I don't want to lose the locker room of a team that amounted to a couple of wins, yeah he should be fired (in reality, it's just accelerating the firing that will happen in the off season).

Lawrence got trudged out there behind last year's Jags oline.  You can still evaluate.  Just factor in the line.

Lawrence is a #1 overall draft pick and one of the most hyped prospects ever. Of course he's going to be trotted out there from the beginning. That doesn't mean that we should do the same thing with a 5th rounder.

You're talking about this as if it's pure analytics. If we put a completely unready Howell out there behind this crap OL, we're not going to be able to really evaluate him and we'd also most likely ruin any chance of developing him if he's getting sacked 5 times a game.

19 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I don’t get this logic.  If we’re Top 5 pick bad, why would we hesitate to play Howell?  Howell is a 5th round pick, and he’s mobile, so we can see if he’s worth keeping for the new regime.

This coming QB draft class is expected to be one of the best in years, so it would make sense for us to see what Howell has now, so that we can make a determination if he’s someone to build around or not.  Since we have lots of holes to fix on this team, we need to know 100% if Howell can be in our future plans.  It would be really beneficial to know for sure that we need to pick QB with our 1sr round selection next year.  We also need to keep our 2nd round pick for obvious reasons.

As I said above, I don't think we'd have any realistic chance of truly evaluating Howell behind this OL. Unless he comes out and just kills it, the main takeaway of putting him out there would probably be the main takeaway now: our offensive line sucks. But if we put Howell out there behind them before he's even ready to play, then we probably will not only manage to get no good data on how good he actually is, but we'll probably get the added bonus of completely shell shocking him.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to if if they actually think he's ready, but I question how wise it would be.

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Uh Howell has no future here other than being the backup.

If we are in position to draft a qb in 23; then that qb is the future.

Thing Is, I would be scared to death if Ron still the head coach and we have a pick where we could draft a qb.

Ron will be even under more pressure to win next year and he isn’t going with a rookie qb. He will try to find another vet qb. Jimmy G could be that guy. So, Ron is here in 23; doubtful we draft a qb with our high 1st round pick.

Actually, this is the opposite.  

Dan can't get rid of Ron yet.  Ron'll get his full five years.  

Drafting a legit top rookie QB prospect actually gives Ron the breathing room he desperately needs right now.  He's painted himself into a no-win corner with the roster he's constructed.  This deep into his coaching tenure, Ron has to show results...However drafting that rookie QB loosens the noose around his neck and organically gives him room to fail while building more of the team around that QB.  

Now, I don't care how good a QB prospect Ron drafts, he's showing me nothing that will make me believe he can actually build a winner around him.  He and his staff are horrid.  I'd keep none of them.  But Dan won't look at it that way.  He's clinging to Ron's rep as a genuine "good guy" for all he's worth.  

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

We had no timeouts with seconds left on the clock. If they stopped that run it would quite possibly be the end of the game. You basically have to pass it in that situation.

Its mind boggling to me how so many people don't seem to grasp this while screaming RUN THE BALL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

We had no timeouts with seconds left on the clock. If they stopped that run it would quite possibly be the end of the game. You basically have to pass it in that situation.

we had 19 seconds and we were going to have ample time to run 4 plays barring the int. we couldve run it and spiked if necessary. Probably wouldve worked too cause the titans completely sold out for the pass

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, dunfer said:

all depends on if any changes are made with ownership and or coaching. i dont keep up with prospects but you could get more of a sure bet with a bluechip LT/LB/DB vs QB imo

yeah, like a Chase Young type!

we need a QB. Nothing else matters at the top of the draft 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

Frustrated after watching the game, but one thing I will say is at least we had a chance to win at the end of it.  If we can continue to be competitive, believe it or not that is improvement over the last few weeks. I'm glad they benched William Jackson, now they need to bench Bobby McCain, and FINALLY Montez Sweat decided to play football. Idk what to say about the offense, that is a train wreck of a situation.