Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This team makes me drink. I’m stupid for still being a fan. Oh, and Dallas is up 9-0,  and Philly is up 7-0….

:( 

The NFC East minus us, may rule the nfc this year. Legit chance of putting 3 teams in the playoffs this year. The nfc road to the SuperBowl could very well go thru the nfc east winner.

• Like 2

I had zero intentions of watching a single snap of this game and watching the end of the browns chargers game they switch to the end of that debacle.

I guess I need to avoid football all together to avoid the karma that comes from being a lifelong fan of the worst franchise in the nfl.

And make no mistake that's exactly what this franchise is, they have absolutely nothing going for them.

It's quite possible we could be 3 games out of 3rd place after 5 weeks.

Disfunction on a whole new level.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bearrock said:

I think you're right re: coaches' viewpoint.  But fans like me who want Wentz benched long before he nears the 70% mark aren't concerned with what the coaches are likely to do as much as what the coaches should do.  Squeezing out few more wins with Wentz over Heinicke is not in this team's long term interest.  Especially not with the high draft pick on the line.  

No coach is going to tank intentionally. It's just not going to happen. Not only would that go against their personal and professional ethos but it would also be almost guaranteed to lose them the locker room.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Nah.  First  Wentz wasn’t even remotely close to the problem today.   

He was and is not the solution either. I have seen enough. Way too slow a start. Ok, he had a decent second half but that team has been almost historically bad in the second half and the team did not take advantage. 

Second, I don’t want Howell playing behind that line.  

I do not understand this line of thinking at all. In the NFL you are going to get hit. And as a QB you will get hit a lot. If they are so worried about Howell then it should be the same for other QBs. Either he learns and protects himself or he is not NFL starting material. 

Third, if we are going to lose, put Hienicke out there to just take hits and suck.  He’s probably out of the NFL next year anyway.  No reason why he couldn’t take a beating for a while for the cause.  

This I really do not understand. There is zero reason to play TH unless both Wentz and Howell are hurt - unless you are going for 1-16. I am not a fan of that but I can at least see that reasoning. But TH just should not be under center unless there is no other choice. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

No coach is going to tank intentionally. It's just not going to happen. Not only would that go against their personal and professional ethos but it would also be almost guaranteed to lose them the locker room.

The good news is they don’t have to tank intentionally. It happens organically. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Yes, but if we’re 1-5 or 1-6, and we’re effectively out of the playoff picture in the NFC, what reason would we have to continue to play Wentz, especially if he continues to look like he did against the Eagles & Cowboys?  His best games sadly, will probably resemble today’s game, and as you can see, he still gagged in the end.  At some point, Wentz will be benched, either due to injury, but more likely performance.  The competitive portion of our season will end on Thursday, when we lose to the Bears.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If they are few wins or worse with Wentz sitting close to projected 70% of the snaps, it's team mismanagement to continue playing him.  If the coach won't do it, then it's time to show the coach the door (but there are also plenty of ways for a coach to couch it in terms other than tanking, such as evaluate young guys or give them opportunities).

1 minute ago, samy316 said:

Yes, but if we’re 1-5 or 1-6, and we’re effectively out of the playoff picture in the NFC, what reason would we have to continue to play Wentz, especially if he continues to look like he did against the Eagles & Cowboys?  His best games sadly, will probably resemble today’s game, and as you can see, he still gagged in the end.  At some point, Wentz will be benched, either due to injury, but more likely performance.  The competitive portion of our season will end on Thursday, when we lose to the Bears.

Then the only option to replace him is Howell. They're not going to start Heinicke over Wentz.

Personally, I'd much rather they let Wentz keep taking beatings behind a crap OL than put Howell in there before he's ready and get him shell shocked.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Why do we all do this to ourselves. 

We’re masochists. 

(I’d say “because we’re all stupid”, which is essentially me calling myself stupid as well, but some user, I don’t remember who, took offense to that when I said it during the game Vs Philly)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

If they are few wins or worse with Wentz sitting close to projected 70% of the snaps, it's team mismanagement to continue playing him.  If the coach won't do it, then it's time to show the coach the door (but there are also plenty of ways for a coach to couch it in terms other than tanking, such as evaluate young guys or give them opportunities).

So if a coach refuses to intentionally tank a season he should be fired?

And who exactly would we be "evaluating" by benching Wentz? Howell? Even if he's ready, and that's a big if, I'm dubious that we would actually be able to get a feel for him behind such terrible OL play.

• Like 1

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We’re masochists. 

(I’d say “because we’re all stupid”, which is essentially me calling myself stupid as well, but some user, I don’t remember who, took offense to that when I said it during the game Vs Philly)

Im firing up madden cutting our offensive line and benching Wentz just because I can. #GrownAdult

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Then the only option to replace him is Howell. They're not going to start Heinicke over Wentz.

Personally, I'd much rather they let Wentz keep taking beatings behind a crap OL than put Howell in there before he's ready and get him shell shocked.

I don’t get this logic.  If we’re Top 5 pick bad, why would we hesitate to play Howell?  Howell is a 5th round pick, and he’s mobile, so we can see if he’s worth keeping for the new regime.

This coming QB draft class is expected to be one of the best in years, so it would make sense for us to see what Howell has now, so that we can make a determination if he’s someone to build around or not.  Since we have lots of holes to fix on this team, we need to know 100% if Howell can be in our future plans.  It would be really beneficial to know for sure that we need to pick QB with our 1sr round selection next year.  We also need to keep our 2nd round pick for obvious reasons.

Edited by samy316
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If Howell doesn't get a shot at some point this year he may never get one.  I can't see us putting our future on Sam, come the 2023 draft we have to go all in for one of these top tier QB's coming out.

I agree.  Play him and see what you have before next year's draft.  The Steelers are playing Pickett...  We are not going anywhere.  Save that 2nd round pick.  The other side of the coin is that Ron and Scott are coaching for their jobs...

Just now, samy316 said:

I don’t get this logic.  If we’re Top 5 pick bad, why would we hesitate to play Howell?  Howell is a 5th round pick, and he’s mobile, so we can see if he’s worth keeping for the new regime.

This coming QB draft class is expected to be one of the best in years, so it would make sense for us to see what Howell has now, so that we can make a determination if he’s someone to build around or not.  Since we have lots of holes to fix on this team, we need to know 100% if Howell can be in our future plans.

So the current regime is jut going to quit or something 5 weeks into the season? Ron and CO aren't going to make moves for their replacements next year. That's absurd. 

Our Center can't even snap the football.... we're not throwing Howell out there. 

Might see him week 18.