Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tennessee at Washington ~ Nashville Hot vs Mambo Sauce

TK
Message added by TK,

111000314_ScreenShot2022-10-09at4_11_47PM.thumb.png.c13c592a247713930603891c847bcfdb.png

11 hours ago, smooth said:

I never thought i would say this but I am so damn embarrassed of this franchise...

Been there.like waaaay back. It's a complete **** show. A comedy of errors. Circus. Almost scripted..

But here still we are.

9 hours ago, Alexa said:

when he leaves Washington...

And gets better leadership. We panicked... took him early, and then misused him while other similar rookies at the position flourished. Would Parsons be Davis here and Davis Parsons there???hmmmm

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

...I'm no Wentz guy .....But that INT was not really on Wentz.  

Is if finally time that some of the fans admit Antonio Gibson isn't any good?  

He went Wentz tho. As soon as I realized. Brian Robinson wasn't in the game.....

Gibson is another 1 that we've ****ed. They think he Eddie George or sum ****. Get him in space..edge

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Qb who historically hates throwing to RBs the most is ironically Wentz......

Insert-Bill Paxton Aliens 'thats ****in great' ship crash scene-here

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. That makes zero sense to come up with a new song, and not even play it after TDs. What the **** was the point then?? Idiots…

.......huh??

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

They did play it after both TDs. But I was sitting on the other side of the field from the band, and it was tough to hear, and gotta admit both times nobody in the stands seemed to really acknowledge it. Acoustics in that place have always been marginal and may be getting worse.

Oh Ok , I thought I was going crazier

13 minutes ago, CommanderDOOM said:

Been there.like waaaay back. It's a complete **** show. A comedy of errors. Circus. Almost scripted..

But here still we are.

And gets better leadership. We panicked... took him early, and then misused him while other similar rookies at the position flourished. Would Parsons be Davis here and Davis Parsons there???hmmmm

He went Wentz tho. As soon as I realized. Brian Robinson wasn't in the game.....

Gibson is another 1 that we've ****ed. They think he Eddie George or sum ****. Get him in space..edge

I don't want to derail the thread by discussing Gibson too much. But to be a quality starting running back in the NFL you need to find holes between the tackles. It was supposed to be his role and they gave him an entire year to show that he could do it and he really hasn't shown that   Many of his big runs were through big holes that any backward have exploited.  In addition he had another drop yesterday, this is pretty common.   He just hasn't proven himself as a reliable receiving running back despite his history at WR which was surprising to me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He just hasn't proven himself as a reliable receiving running back despite his history at WR which was surprising to me.

It makes perfect sense. He was a raw talent size speed wr at Memphis(who had talent at the skill pos thru AGs time therr)

We make him Jerome Bettis.... but he's used to space. Doesn't see it and hit the hole/crease like an rb.....Instead of the focus on  catching...

1 hour ago, CommanderDOOM said:

It makes perfect sense. He was a raw talent size speed wr at Memphis(who had talent at the skill pos thru AGs time therr)

We make him Jerome Bettis.... but he's used to space. Doesn't see it and hit the hole/crease like an rb.....Instead of the focus on  catching...

Nobody was comparing him to Jerome Bettis.   But there were a number of fans who were arguing that that he was a good starting running back.   But when he is compared to the other starting running backs around the league this is simply not true, he is well below average

Should we utilize Antonio Gibson as kick returner and maybe punt returner? I know he has had fumble issues in recent years ( although not this season ) but atleast he has 4.3 speed, quickness, and athleticism. Milne seems incredibly slow, no wiggle in him, and no explosiveness whatsoever. It's a big disadvantage in field position and frustrating to know that there is almost zero chance of a kr or pr touchdown. 

33 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Should we utilize Antonio Gibson as kick returner and maybe punt returner? I know he has had fumble issues in recent years ( although not this season ) but atleast he has 4.3 speed, quickness, and athleticism. Milne seems incredibly slow, no wiggle in him, and no explosiveness whatsoever. It's a big disadvantage in field position and frustrating to know that there is almost zero chance of a kr or pr touchdown. 

I wish I could remember the poster who was debating with me about their recent draft history under Ron.  He actually used Milne as an example of good drafting.  Poster also used Cosmi as a hit in the draft.  LOL

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't want to derail the thread by discussing Gibson too much. But to be a quality starting running back in the NFL you need to find holes between the tackles. It was supposed to be his role and they gave him an entire year to show that he could do it and he really hasn't shown that   Many of his big runs were through big holes that any backward have exploited.  In addition he had another drop yesterday, this is pretty common.   He just hasn't proven himself as a reliable receiving running back despite his history at WR which was surprising to me.

I think the dude is likely the next iteration of Cordarelle Patterson. Similar body type too

50 minutes ago, method man said:

I think the dude is likely the next iteration of Cordarelle Patterson. Similar body type too

They had very different problems. Almost opposite, in fact. Patterson was always an incredibly instinctual runner who was miscast as a WR. His vision and agility as a runner were always special—even when he was a ‘bust’ at WR he was a historically good kick returner due to his vision and pure running talent, plus excellent tackle-breaking/tackle avoidance. Gibson is a fairly straight-line athlete who doesn’t seem instinctual in any way, he doesn’t really have a position but can still produce given the right schematic help. He’s an athlete masquerading as a football player. Patterson was always a football player who hadn’t found his role yet. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Conn said:

They had very different problems. Almost opposite, in fact. Patterson was always an incredibly instinctual runner who was miscast as a WR. His vision and agility as a runner were always special—even when he was a ‘bust’ at WR he was a historically good kick returner due to his vision and pure running talent, plus excellent tackle-breaking/tackle avoidance. Gibson is a fairly straight-line athlete who doesn’t seem instinctual in any way, he doesn’t really have a position but can still produce given the right schematic help. He’s an athlete masquerading as a football player. Patterson was always a football player who hadn’t found his role yet. 

I want to see how Gibson looks like with his vision as a kick returner. I think the end path for him is similar to that of a Cordarelle Patterson. He is potentially a guy that can become a very good kick returner (not at CPatt's level) who can also contribute as a running back with receiving abilities

Do people really think putting someone new at kick return is going to change anything?

Like 95% of kicks are touch backs or fair catches.  Then 1% SHOULD be touched back or fair caught and are liabilities. 

Then that 1% of kicks that should be returned, no one on our squad is going to do jack ****.

On 10/9/2022 at 6:02 PM, Capsman said:

It’s mind boggling that we have gotten 1 turnover in 5 games.  That tells me that Del Rio fools NOBODY EVER.  Nothing is disguised.  And do work on strip drills?

Yeah he garbage.

Apparently, he got his defensive scheme from the 4 defensive plays in Tecmo Bowl.

9 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Nobody was comparing him to Jerome Bettis.   But there were a number of fans who were arguing that that he was a good starting running back.   But when he is compared to the other starting running backs around the league this is simply not true, he is well below average

I meant the way we use him. Like a traditional bell cow back . He ain't that. He should be used more like Reggie Bush.

6 hours ago, CommanderDOOM said:

I meant the way we use him. Like a traditional bell cow back . He ain't that. He should be used more like Reggie Bush.

Well with his size he should be able to handle that. But he is just not a prime back, and he drops too many passes to be considered good in that role which is currently filled by McKisson who is a much better receiving RB.   For the life of me I have no idea what Gibson has done to get all this love. This is his 3rd year, he fumbles and can't find holes.  He is who he is.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well with his size he should be able to handle that. But he is just not a prime back, and he drops too many passes to be considered good in that role which is currently filled by McKisson who is a much better receiving RB.   For the life of me I have no idea what Gibson has done to get all this love. This is his 3rd year, he fumbles and can't find holes.  He is who he is.  

Well atleast he's got zero fumbles through 5 games this year. For him, that's like a Super Bowl Championship. 

I didn't catch the end of the game live as I went to a family gathering for the 3rd week in a row during one of our games. I got a chance to look at some of the final sequence again, and I have to pause and point out one thing I noticed right away.

TURNER CONTINUES TO NOT UNDERSTAND SPACING.

I have been commenting on this for a while, and I became more vocal once I saw Kurt Warner pointing out the same problems in our scheme. I couldn't even finish my film review of the end of the game when I saw nearly all 5 receivers within the tackle box creating a huge traffic jam in the middle of the field!! Turner really doesn't get it and I'm not seeing it click for him while he's here. 

Ron is at a crossroads where he is going to have to sacrifice someone to the angry mob. It seems he may be leaning towards Wentz, at the moment, but I would throw Turner under the bus asap if I were him. His scheme has a few nice concepts, but the negatives far outway that glimpse of potential he has shown. He should be a position coach under an OC who has better understanding of the game.

11 hours ago, purbeast said:

Do people really think putting someone new at kick return is going to change anything?

Like 95% of kicks are touch backs or fair catches.  Then 1% SHOULD be touched back or fair caught and are liabilities. 

Then that 1% of kicks that should be returned, no one on our squad is going to do jack ****.

Having someone with legit speed and return ability would force teams into straight touch backing against us.

Right now because we have Milne back there, teams are kicking short inside the 5-10 knowing Milne will struggle to even get to the 20.

We're basically throwing away 5-10 yards of field position every time. Which doesn't sound like much, but for an offense as...inconsistent(to put it nicely)at best, every yard matters.

4 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

TURNER CONTINUES TO NOT UNDERSTAND SPACING.

^^this 100%.

I watch a lot of Red Zone and offenses can scheme their guys into space regularly. Just easy 6, 8, 10 yard completions off things like slants, crossing routes, pick plays etc. Yet we can never get any of our guys into the same space. You're always seeing McLaurin or Samuel in some kind of traffic jam and credit to them they can often make guys miss, but we don't make things easier for them.

Its not enough to get the ball to your receivers, you wanna make things easy for them. The goal of coaching is to make things easy for your players and hard for your opponent. We often do the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I haven't been watching the games but it's kind of hilarious if it's true that an NFL head coach is content with an offensive coordinator who designs plays so badly that all of the receivers end up jumbled up together with defenders all around them near the LOS. 

You'd think that this kind of idiocy wouldn't be tolerated after the first game or 2 of year 1. It's year 3, lol.

Remember, Ron Rivera didn't exactly have an explosive passing game in Carolina either. Cam Newton was basically steamrolling for yards on a regular basis to open it up. I doubt he's ever had an actual clue of who to hire to run his offense. Not to mention the buffoonery on defense, and the loitering with his arms crossed doing nothing on the sidelines. 

It's like he's secretly one of those quiet quitters lol. Pretty hilarious if you ask me. He's getting paid. He works for an actual real life Troll. Who could blame him? I'd actually salute him if it's true hahahaha.